• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    some of the AWD systems are better than others.

One word; quattro:rockwoot:

I will always have a straight axled Chevy truck for when the going gets really rough, but as long as the snow is not over the front bumper, my A4 is my winter vehicle of choice.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    bbbbooorrrriiinnnggg car talk... :)
    as for snow yuppie!!
    get yourself a 2 stage blower not those little crappy ones.
    spend money once (cry once) and you will never have to worry again.
    love my snowblower

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I drove a 2011 bmw 328i awd in the last snow storm, the thing was phenomenal, but I felt like a sardine in it compared to driving my 740il... lol.

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    i had an AWD SAAB 9 5 and i hated driving in the snow with it. In fact it was so bad I ended up spinning out and slamming into a pole cause it was horrible. I was barely going 20mph and was like a half a mile from a stop sign and was slowing down and BAM spun out of a control and slammed back driver side into the pole and allowed it to be pretty much inoperable so the insurance paid off my loan and I was able to get my 99 GMC Sierra instead. Best thing to ever happen to me.

Now its just time for me to get a new truck.....anyone wanna get me a 2014 GMC Sierra Z71? :)

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Like this?
    IMG_20120416_211936.jpg

Maybe ... it's a bit bigger (longer) than what I would want.

Toureg and Quattro are not it either ... I want me some ground clearance baby. I actually want to drive off road and not worry about brush ... or the ground messing up the paint job.

I can't see a Toureg or Quattro doing this:

2012-Toyota-Tacoma-on-The-Nut.jpg

or this ...

0a10fa64facb_large.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    i had an AWD SAAB 9 5 and i hated driving in the snow with it. In fact it was so bad I ended up spinning out and slamming into a pole cause it was horrible.

My first snowstorm in my Audi, I felt the same. I was steering like a dirt track racecar driver. Car just felt squirrelly. When I read online how the quattro system works, I relaxed and stopped trying to fight what the car was doing. Now I'm one of those a-holes everybody hates. You know, the guys flying on snow covered roads, zipping in and out of traffic like the snow isn't even there. Sorry, I can't help it.:dunno: I wanna go fast momma!

Nope. They don't haul firewood worth a damn either. That's why I keep the old Chevy around. Just don't wanna drive a tank back and forth to work everyday. Though I do miss my 91 Suburban from time to time.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Hey Jedi, do I get to be graced by your presence on the train today, or did your pansy pink doopah stay home?
    aclark, if I see him, I will hit him for you, free of charge.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Nope. They don't haul firewood worth a damn either. That's why I keep the old Chevy around. Just don't wanna drive a tank back and forth to work everyday. Though I do miss my 91 Suburban from time to time.

Good point ... I would have to keep the 2wd around just for sunny day drives to work. I couldn't afford the trip to work if all I had was my dream truck.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Maybe ... it's a bit bigger (longer) than what I would want.

Toureg and Quattro are not it either ... I want me some ground clearance baby. I actually want to drive off road and not worry about brush ... or the ground messing up the paint job.

2012-Toyota-Tacoma-on-The-Nut.jpg

or this ...

0a10fa64facb_large.jpg

FWIW The Touareg is the first vehicle (maybe the only one) to successfully complete the DARPA Challenge. It's very capable in the desert, in the farm fields behind my house, and in the snow. Maybe a bit pricy and a bit fancier than you want but it will go through mud. Ditto a Land Rover, but those are even pricier.

I'll admit the cargo area could be bigger. But again, it tows as much as a full size pick up, and is available with a 3 liter diesel that provides plenty of torque.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom