Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @wd sry but the big boss is on his own with that apple crap!
    @lone thanks for the wally world link
    @t-star u thugget but i do like the way u think still corrupt thanks to being raise north of us-30. that stench will never leave u. :p
    @melensdad
    that $2.25 is a good deal for thos 1lbs. yes the lther unit till pay for it self and as i empty my current 1lgs i plan on doing that to them. have only tossed 2 out in the past 2 years. right now i have 1 that is just about empty and another that is 1/4 full. figured by the end of the season i should have 2 empty ones.

the adapter + 20lbs is not worth it for me yet as i'm not going thru them fast enough but still good to have for sthf

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Today I mourn. A life was cut tragically short today, so young was this spark put out. Today I mourn my beard. During a routine neck shaving, the razor slipped out of my hands and put a horrendous gouge in my beard. I worked on it and worked on it, tried to salvage what I could of the poor lad, but it was no use.

Of course like the democrats, I do not place blame on myself, it was clearly the electric razors fault. So tonight, I ask you President Obama, please, I beg of you, call for a ban on all electric razors so that this completely preventable travesty does not happen again. No American should have to feel the lose that I feel tonight. So please Obama, I plead with you with tears in my eyes, executive order a ban on all electric razors.

*observes a moment of silence*

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Jedi, I have amazon prime. But I don't know if I should deny T_Star the pleasure of slapping you around.

Unless you have some special gun, I don't see why any towel or tee shirt wouldn't work to dry off a weapon.
    And after it's dry, you may want to use silicon cloth, or remington cloth to wipe it down.
    Amazon.com: Remington Rem Cloth with MoistureGuard (10 x 10-Inch): Sports & Outdoors
    Amazon.com: Hoppe's Gun and Reel Silicone Cleaning Cloth: Sports & Outdoors

You'll probably want to make sure your dry towels and clothes are in plastic bags. Remember, back packs are never truly "waterproof". Pack in seperate bags, so if water gets in one bag, everything doesn't get wet.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Jedi, bring an old T shirt and throw it in the trunk. When the day is over, wipe off your rifle. Done!

After the weekend, clean and lube the gun. You can use compressed air to make sure you blow out moisture from all the nooks and crannies before you spray it down with Eezox.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Jedi, bring an old T shirt and throw it in the trunk. When the day is over, wipe off your rifle. Done!

After the weekend, clean and lube the gun. You can use compressed air to make sure you blow out moisture from all the nooks and crannies before you spray it down with Eezox.

See.

All this talk of microfiber cloths and special towel got me thinking I was on some hippie forum.

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

From the way he asked the question I was under the impression he wanted a towel that could be used throughout the weekend if there was intermittent rain several times during the course of fire. With him wanting to wipe the rifle dry after each rain. A cotton t-shirt or towel, once wet, will stay wet, and unless it can be hung to dry in a sunny dry location, will likely stay wet all weekend. A microfiber cloth can be used, wrung out, and reused wet. It will dry much faster than cotton and can still do a reasonable job drying something if its moist.

All this talk of microfiber cloths and special towel got me thinking I was on some hippie forum.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Jedi gets mistaken for being a hippie all the time.

Me, not so much.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    From the way he asked the question I was under the impression he wanted a towel that could be used throughout the weekend if there was intermittent rain several times during the course of fire. With him wanting to wipe the rifle dry after each rain. A cotton t-shirt or towel, once wet, will stay wet, and unless it can be hung to dry in a sunny dry location, will likely stay wet all weekend. A microfiber cloth can be used, wrung out, and reused wet. It will dry much faster than cotton and can still do a reasonable job drying something if its moist.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Jedi gets mistaken for being a hippie all the time.

Me, not so much.

^This!
    But they make fun of Jedi not typing right but they lack reading comprehension and just assumme stuff. :faint:

In other news jobs a message from UPS that my raingear from Cabela's is set to arrive today. :woot:
    Hopefully i can test them out today when I get home and then do a massive return to Cabela's tomorrow for eveyrthing that does not fit and the stuff I did not use for the camping trip a few weeks ago as well. Reminds me need to locate the other receipt when I get home.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    In other news jobs a message from UPS that my raingear from Cabela's is set to arrive today. :woot:
    Hopefully i can test them out today when I get home . . .

I have a high capacity pump and hose out at the property that I could use to spray you down to see if they are waterproof, or simply water resistant. I'd be happy to help you test it out. We can dip the intake in the creek and spray until the fuel tank runs dry, just to give you a good test soaking!

Heck, I won't even charge you for the 2 gallons of fuel, that's how nice I am! I may need some volunteers to help with the hose, its got a couple hour run time on a tank and I might get tuckered out spraying you. But I'm willing to do it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I have a high capacity pump and hose out at the property that I could use to spray you down to see if they are waterproof, or simply water resistant. I'd be happy to help you test it out. We can dip the intake in the creek and spray until the fuel tank runs dry, just to give you a good test soaking!

Heck, I won't even charge you for the 2 gallons of fuel, that's how nice I am! I may need some volunteers to help with the hose, its got a couple hour run time on a tank and I might get tuckered out spraying you. But I'm willing to do it.

:faint: I bet you would! Just like KLB wanted me to cut his grass (if you can call that grass) out back!
    Jedi is still hoping it wont' rain this weekend but we will see.

Besides you are fffffaaaaarrrrrr away!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    :faint: I bet you would! Just like KLB wanted me to cut his grass (if you can call that grass) out back!
    Jedi is still hoping it wont' rain this weekend but we will see.

Besides you are fffffaaaaarrrrrr away!
    I'm about 1/2 way to the Appleseed shoot, just stop by early on the way and we can test out your rain wear.

If you'd like, I can toss you off the bridge into the creek and attempt to haul you back out too. West Creek is plenty deep enough, uh, and wide enough for you.

That should be a true test of your gear.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009

I knew exactly what Jedi was asking. My point was that he doesn't have to worry about the rifle laying in the rain all day. He doesn't need to wipe it dry every hour on the hour. It will work when wet. I promise. Even if it rained in the morning and was sunny the rest of the day, the rifle would be fine. He only needs to wipe it down once ... at the end of the day. :yesway:

However
    ... if he needs to wipe it down after every raindrop, .... YES. Go with the microfiber. :laugh:

^This!
    But they make fun of Jedi not typing right but they lack reading comprehension and just assumme stuff. :faint:

See above ^^^

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'm about 1/2 way to the Appleseed shoot, just stop by early on the way and we can test out your rain wear.

If you'd like, I can toss you off the bridge into the creek and attempt to haul you back out too. West Creek is plenty deep enough, uh, and wide enough for you.

That should be a true test of your gear.

:xmad:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DJLouis