Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Ok which one of you did this?

2 target shooters arrested; bullet enters S'ville home

A9E4586D-49E5-4FB2-8095-E1CEE0522E86-10669-0000119BB668C9C4_zps9548c439.jpg

I heard guys shooting around there all the time. Never thought much about it as long as I didnt hear them coming in my direction. That was my route, and probably will be again. I will have to look for that name and avoid the house when it comes back up.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I heard guys shooting around there all the time. Never thought much about it as long as I didnt hear them coming in my direction. That was my route, and probably will be again. I will have to look for that name and avoid the house when it comes back up.

Time to get body armor for your rounds in that area.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    :scratch: but ... but... i though body armor was only needed NORTH of US-30? ;)
    But its official 'autumn' and that is the traditional start of hunting season down here. We hunt most game in the fall/winter.

Up north of 30 the 'open season' seems to be year round, flak jackets and even light body armor should never be removed, especially if you are playing basketball about 10:30 at night.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :dunno:
    I think it was melensdad or perhaps lonehooiser that posted about some 'towel' that works well for camping and soaking up water.
    Anyone have the link?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    That is a different towel.

The hiking towels that I use are microfiber towels. SEA TO SUMMIT is the brand I own, but there are several others that make similar camping towels. They come in different weights, but the towels are similar in that each holds multiple times its weight in water.

Thickest towel = SEA TO SUMMIT TEK TOWEL Sea to Summit - Outdoor, Travel and Backpacking Gear

Midweight towel = SEA TO SUMMIT DRY POCKET TOWEL Sea to Summit - Outdoor, Travel and Backpacking Gear

Lightweight towel = SEA TO SUMMIT DRI LITE TOWEL Sea to Summit - Outdoor, Travel and Backpacking Gear

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Melensdad which would you think best for drying rifles while it's raining or after rain storm?

If it is raining the towel will be soaking up water . . . the lightest weight towel might be the best option because it will be the easiest to wring out. You will have to wring out the towel before you wipe down the rifle. Obviously you want to start out with a towel that is dry, store it in a ziplock or similar drysack after wringing it out, etc.

:xmad: I see cabela's carries the towel. :facepalm: I really don't want to do another trip there (yet). :xmad:

Order from Amazon Prime . . . free shipping. Or did you cancel Amazon Prime?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    If it is raining the towel will be soaking up water . . . the lightest weight towel might be the best option because it will be the easiest to wring out. You will have to wring out the towel before you wipe down the rifle. Obviously you want to start out with a towel that is dry, store it in a ziplock or similar drysack after wringing it out, etc.

Order from Amazon Prime . . . free shipping. Or did you cancel Amazon Prime?

My amazon Prime runs out today.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom