Not open for further replies.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    No idea? Where they putting one in?

Nope unless you can rent the whole place for a party (which you can). Otherwise I suggest you continue with Blythe's. Their remodel makes it a much better facility for indoor shooting.

So did they install a new system?

What I don't like about Deb's is the smoking. Smoking is allowed on the main level (gun shop). So when you come out of deb's you not only reek of gun smoke being in the basement (where the shooting range it as) but also of cigarette smoke since they smoke on the main floor.

Thanks but no thanks.

Umm, no. hence the sarcastic purple.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Also, yuengling beer is wonderful. If anyone routinely heads east where this is sold, I'll give you $35/case if you bring some back.

My last case is sitting in the garage, had 5 or 6 as of last summer and its almost gone. Going to try to get a friend to bring some out for me soon. Word is (unfortunately for awhile now) that it should be in the state soon. Last I heard was within the next 2 years.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Ok...it know folks here have been asking and are curious as to how LadyGhost is doing. As most of you know she had her left knee replaced in Oct. of 2012. Well in Jan of 2013 she developed an infection and spent over 6 weeks in both the hospital and rehab center getting intensive antibiotic therapy to kill the infection. Well everything SEEMED to go well. I say seemed because the infection is back again. So, she is having surgery tomorrow morning to have the knee joint removed and a static spacer will be inserted. Then 6 more weeks of antibiotics. They are HOPING that they are able to reinsert a new knee in 8 or so weeks depending on how things go. There are other options but they are more drastic. One is fusing the knee straight, or if all else fails they will have to remove the leg.

so I'm asking for all the good thoughts and prayers. At this point she needs them. I'll post after the surgery and let folks know what is going on. At this point it's pretty much a game of wait and see. The surgery is scheduled for 11am, so I don't foresee having any info til about 2 or 3pm.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Ok...it know folks here have been asking and are curious as to how LadyGhost is doing. As most of you know she had her left knee replaced in Oct. of 2012. Well in Jan of 2013 she developed an infection and spent over 6 weeks in both the hospital and rehab center getting intensive antibiotic therapy to kill the infection. Well everything SEEMED to go well. I say seemed because the infection is back again. So, she is having surgery tomorrow morning to have the knee joint removed and a static spacer will be inserted. Then 6 more weeks of antibiotics. They are HOPING that they are able to reinsert a new knee in 8 or so weeks depending on how things go. There are other options but they are more drastic. One is fusing the knee straight, or if all else fails they will have to remove the leg.

so I'm asking for all the good thoughts and prayers. At this point she needs them. I'll post after the surgery and let folks know what is going on. At this point it's pretty much a game of wait and see. The surgery is scheduled for 11am, so I don't foresee having any info til about 2 or 3pm.

We'll be thinking of you throughout the day. We'll pray all goes well! :)

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

Hope for the best for the both of you two.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Yikes!

Greg, thoughts and prayers for Michele and a speedy recovery.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Ouch. She is the second person I know of going through this exact problem. Where was the surgery performed?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Just a reminder, your State & Federal Quarterly Estimated Income Taxes are due tomorrow (postmarked).

If you don't withhold taxes from your weekly paycheck, are self employed, etc, make sure you get your payment postmarked before mid-night tomorrow night.

One way or another you got to pay Uncle Sam.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Just a reminder, your State & Federal Quarterly Estimated Income Taxes are due tomorrow (postmarked).

If you don't withhold taxes from your weekly paycheck, are self employed, etc, make sure you get your payment postmarked before mid-night tomorrow night.

And Auntie Hoosier!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

You mail in payments to the feds? :dunno:
    Why not use doing the electronic transfer?
    Much easier and you can set them up in advance as well.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    You mail in payments to the feds? :dunno:
    Why not use doing the electronic transfer?
    Much easier and you can set them up in advance as well.

Why would I want the gubmint to have access to my hard EARNED money sooner :dunno:

How is it actually "much easier" to process a payment electronically. I do a lot of stuff on the computer, takes me no more time to write a check than to process a payment. Plus, the set up time to do it takes way more time than it takes to peel and place a stamp.

And I'm not sure it is any more secure, and is probably less secure electronically.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    JAN NWI Social Group Clean Up

JAN 2014 membership number was 251 and after the cleanup is 222.
    The following members were removed from the list due to 90+ days of inactivity (not logged into INGO)

adamska
    bigsteve
    bombdiggity090
    bulldog90
    BURNSURVIVOR725
    DJM95B
    Dminard
    downzero
    duron219
    el guero
    greatestsin
    gzrhydrographics
    jazzy1993
    josh3082
    locustsofsteel (passed away RIP)
    microman
    mitchell0481
    mrman740
    renegade1978
    repeter1977
    revelations
    ryand111
    sacrifice_me
    served_usmc
    silver
    silverbullet4x4
    soupcan
    south county gun co
    stormyj
    thecapt

Full details of membership numbers can be found here:
    Member Count

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Why would I want the gubmint to have access to my hard EARNED money sooner :dunno:

How is it actually "much easier" to process a payment electronically. I do a lot of stuff on the computer, takes me no more time to write a check than to process a payment. Plus, the set up time to do it takes way more time than it takes to peel and place a stamp.

And I'm not sure it is any more secure, and is probably less secure electronically.

For those of us that are connected 365/24/7 and almost live in the 'e-world' the thought of handwriting a paper check is just so old fashion and as old as dirt similar to you. ;)

Plus Jedi is cheap and why pay for a stamp + envelope when you can send the money for 'free' online and send it on the very last day when it's due?
    Granted Jedi will say your method gives you probably an extra 4 to 5 days of you keeping your money and it working for you.

As for it being more/less secure NOTHING in this world is anymore. :xmad:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    It's a shame that South County Gun Co. is not playing. It would help them to make their presence known. Greg at So Co is a nice guy--he did the transfer on my 686.

In other news, it's deceivingly icy out there in NW IN. Be careful, everyone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom