• Status
    Not open for further replies.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Finally warm enough to sit on the deck. Half husky mutt thinks 37°F is too warm and is cooling off in the last of the snow on my deck.

I got a ton of cigars for Christmas. More than I can fit in the little tupperdor I've got. So I've been waiting for an above freezing day to get to smoking them.

Also, yuengling beer is wonderful. If anyone routinely heads east where this is sold, I'll give you $35/case if you bring some back.

20140113_172138_zps62657b82.jpg

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Think I'll be stopping by the clubhouse in the morning. Got to go drop the truck off at the dealer at 0800, instead if going home I'll mosey on over to the clubhouse for a breakfast cigar.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I've never been to Deb's. Blythe's and Deb's are virtually the same distance from my house. Any advantage to Deb's? The price differential of $14/hour at Blythe's and $15/half-hour at Deb's is not really an issue for me because I don't shoot for more than half an hour anyway.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I've never been to Deb's. Blythe's and Deb's are virtually the same distance from my house. Any advantage to Deb's? The price differential of $14/hour at Blythe's and $15/half-hour at Deb's is not really an issue for me because I don't shoot for more than half an hour anyway.

Only if you want to try your new respirator.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Did they finally install ventilation?

No idea? Where they putting one in?

Nope unless you can rent the whole place for a party (which you can). Otherwise I suggest you continue with Blythe's. Their remodel makes it a much better facility for indoor shooting.

They're trying to pay for that new ventilations system.

So did they install a new system?

Okey dokey, then. I got bronchitis. Ain't nobody got time for that.

[video=youtube_share;FIKI7ArSvlY]http://youtu.be/FIKI7ArSvlY[/video]

What I don't like about Deb's is the smoking. Smoking is allowed on the main level (gun shop). So when you come out of deb's you not only reek of gun smoke being in the basement (where the shooting range it as) but also of cigarette smoke since they smoke on the main floor.

Thanks but no thanks.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    What I don't like about Deb's is the smoking. Smoking is allowed on the main level (gun shop). So when you come out of deb's you not only reek of gun smoke being in the basement (where the shooting range it as) but also of cigarette smoke since they smoke on the main floor.

Thanks but no thanks.

This ^^^

They need a ventilation system just to make it from the front door to the top of the stairs (and back). Combined with the horrible ventilation downstairs, Deb's has been a no-go for me for the last several years. Really nice people but I need to breathe.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This ^^^

They need a ventilation system just to make it from the front door to the top of the stairs (and back). Combined with the horrible ventilation downstairs, Deb's has been a no-go for me for the last several years. Really nice people but I need to breathe.

:+1: Deb personally did the NRA basic firearm class that I attended (there were 6 of us) and she personally showed and let me shoot a lot of handguns before I settled on a 1911. She is real nice.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    who the heck comes up with these childproof blister packs for the Nyquil capsules? they should be shot. If I could get the darn thing open, I wouldn't be sick enough to need them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom