• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thoroughbred

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    My houseboat on Lake Michigan
    Well...they have shut the interstates down again as well as there is still a state of emergency for the entire county. I know I don't want to be driving and get pulled over and ticketed for being on the road...

The railroads don't get or care about any of this...I've been told if ever pulled over to use my company id and say that it is an emergency I get to work. They operate by their own rules.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    By the way.
    It took over 20 years to finally get the company to cough up a dremel.
    I used it yesterday.
    If i didnt already have one at home, id go get one.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Anyone have a vehicle with a little higher ground clearance than my Stratus they are willing to rent/loan for a day trip to Indy? I can pay with Bacon ... and ammo.:laugh:

Seriously, I might have to run down to Enterprise and see what they have in their lot first thing in the morning. I have to try and get the kid home tomorrow or he loses his job. However, it will all depend on what is still shut down or open in the morning. If I can't retrieve him tomorrow, he's stuck until Friday when I get home from work. Stupid kid.

Oh I've seen that I65 is closed. I was referring to the fact that everything I've seen says I94 is still closed.....that is what I was talking about.

Gotcha.

A reminder.... I have a laminator anyone needs it.

Snapdragon, you, may want to laminate the LTCH if you havent already.

Hey ... I might need to borrow that as well.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Anyone have a vehicle with a little higher ground clearance than my Stratus they are willing to rent/loan for a day trip to Indy? I can pay with Bacon ... and ammo.:laugh:

Seriously, I might have to run down to Enterprise and see what they have in their lot first thing in the morning. I have to try and get the kid home tomorrow or he loses his job. However, it will all depend on what is still shut down or open in the morning. If I can't retrieve him tomorrow, he's stuck until Friday when I get home from work. Stupid kid.

Gotcha.

Hey ... I might need to borrow that as well.

I'd just tell him "Amtrak" it stops in Dyer....and it's only $24.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    The railroads don't get or care about any of this...I've been told if ever pulled over to use my company id and say that it is an emergency I get to work. They operate by their own rules.

Ain't it the truth. What other private industry can claim eminent domain and has their own police force that can (and will) arrest you.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Bob, I never pulled it back out today because the drive was already clear...plus its effin' cold out. I will check tomorrow and see if I can figure it out. My neighbor looked at the auger and said it was still turning, but I didn't look personally. Either way I'll probably still return it and get the Toro, really disappointed that ANYTHING broke during the 2nd use.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I left downtown Chicago at 7pm. Started to get some snow on 394 just north of route 30. It got heavier as I went south. Exchange Ave was wide open, Calumet ave had some minor drifting, 109th ave was wide open, 41 heading south was open with some minor drifting cutting down to 1 lane. The roads heading East of 41 were wide open but had banked snow as much as 5ft high on the sides. A normal drive with no traffic would be about 55 minutes, my trip home took an hour and 20. Not bad at all

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    I'm not sure how they add it up. I seem to remember someone saying a 3rd consecutive shift is straight pay. Discourages what I'm doing. But I could be wrong.
    I work at the "Other Mill" and can say that somehow i ended up on the clock for 24 before ;) and 3rd shift was straight time again, at least that was my experience, but in my case i wasn't in any position to bring it up i just took my pay. You being stuck there may be different.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I ventured out of my hovel today and found that society seems to have survived the ordeal. I had my pistol close just in case the people had turned into feral bands of roaming savages. My fears were put to rest as I was greeted at the Walgreens with a hearty welcome.

Life will find a way....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom