• Status
    Not open for further replies.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Oh, and it looks like I have a roommate a couple more days. I dont think moving is considered an emergency.
    Dude it's gonna be Tuesday before you get outa there! And as far as the roommate situation...it IS an emergency in my eyes...I mean the sponge has been mooching off you for HOW LONG???? If I was as cold hearted as melensdad I would say to kick his butt out and to fend for himself in the cold.......

thoroughbred

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    My houseboat on Lake Michigan
    When I answered, he was suprised. Said he's tried to call before. I told him, "THAT'S BECAUSE I'VE BEEN OUTTA DA SHOP ALL DAY ANSWERING CALLS".
    too much?

I feel for you I had to beg a guy to plow for me so I could get out and my relief could get in. People should be made to show up for shifts by now, its obviously not great out, but manageable im going to sleep for a long time....I wish you luck!

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I feel for you I had to beg a guy to plow for me so I could get out and my relief could get in. People should be made to show up for shifts by now, its obviously not great out, but manageable im going to sleep for a long time....I wish you luck!
    Well...they have shut the interstates down again as well as there is still a state of emergency for the entire county. I know I don't want to be driving and get pulled over and ticketed for being on the road...

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I don't think you need a medical background to think of that.

Apparantly, during one of my mini-naps, i must have dreamed someone told me my relief was coming in. Cause that was noon, and i'm still here.
    So, if (IF) my midnight relief shows, I'll have a 32 hr shift. they're high if they think I'm coming in fo my next shift.

Can I follow you to the bank to pick up what you drop on the way? Let's see 8 hrs straight time, 8hrs ot, 16 hours double time, carry the one, 1.5....52 hours pay at union steelworkers rates? You can afford to keep the room mate another week....
    purple where needed. Or not.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    God, and the State of Indiana Dept of Transportation willing, I am heading to North Carolina tomorrow afternoon. If the roads are open then I am going. Not planning to drive through, just hoping to get about 1/2 way. Won't be leaving until late, don't expect travel times to be quick, not going to push my luck. If I am in North Carolina by NOON on Wednesday that would be just fine with me.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Can I follow you to the bank to pick up what you drop on the way? Let's see 8 hrs straight time, 8hrs ot, 16 hours double time, carry the one, 1.5....52 hours pay at union steelworkers rates? You can afford to keep the room mate another week....
    purple where needed. Or not.
    I'm not sure how they add it up. I seem to remember someone saying a 3rd consecutive shift is straight pay. Discourages what I'm doing. But I could be wrong.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I'm not sure how they add it up. I seem to remember someone saying a 3rd consecutive shift is straight pay. Discourages what I'm doing. But I could be wrong.

That would suck. For us anything over 16 hours continuous is double time. Of course, on my position I have to be careful of comingled service with hours of duty. Basically at 12 hours I tell them to stick it and go home.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Got a link to this bill? Everything I've seen says the opposite.....

This link shows I65 closed and INDOT FB page says so as well. First link shows I94 open. This link shows Travel Warning over for Lake County.

God, and the State of Indiana Dept of Transportation willing, I am heading to North Carolina tomorrow afternoon. If the roads are open then I am going. Not planning to drive through, just hoping to get about 1/2 way. Won't be leaving until late, don't expect travel times to be quick, not going to push my luck. If I am in North Carolina by NOON on Wednesday that would be just fine with me.

Too bad you are not going to depart earlier. We could caravan as far as Indy in the morning (assuming I65 is reopened).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom