• Status
    Not open for further replies.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Ok...the drive is shoveled, the blazer started and ran for about 30 to warm it up and warm the fluids up. The roommates Kia on the other hand is DOA. We tried to shovel around it, but the combo of the wind and cold, along with the ice mountain of ice left alongside it by the snow plows made it a no go. Went in and warmed up before going back out to start it and let it run for a bit. Again no go. It couldn't/wouldn't turn it over and start. Not sure if it's the battery, or the fact that the fluids are all like molasses with the temp being -14ish or colder right now. Gonna wait til tomorrow when it's warmer..like 0 or so before we go out and try it again. No sense trying to mess with it right now in this cold. I mean it's not like we could go anywhere with it still blocked in by the snowbank. Just wanted to run it and warm things up. If all else fails I'll get a heater out there under the hood to warm things up. But that is down the list of things to do....

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Dan,

I'm 28. Over weight, dad died of massive heart attack at 51. I have high bp and don't take meds.. Smoked for 14 years and quit 9 months ago. (Going back to Dr asap to find one that works) Scared my self enough to get this figured out...thanks for concern.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Dan,

I'm 28. Over weight, dad died of massive heart attack at 51. I have high bp and don't take meds.. Smoked for 14 years and quit 9 months ago. (Going back to Dr asap to find one that works) Scared my self enough to get this figured out...thanks for concern.

Are you OK? Please go to the hospital if you need to.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Dan,

Sooner than later. 28 is not too young for a cardiac event.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    A good friend that works at a local hospital in the dept. that sterilizes the instruments for surgeries made a comment that this is the broken hips and cardiac season......
    I don't think you need a medical background to think of that.

Apparantly, during one of my mini-naps, i must have dreamed someone told me my relief was coming in. Cause that was noon, and i'm still here.
    So, if (IF) my midnight relief shows, I'll have a 32 hr shift. they're high if they think I'm coming in fo my next shift.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom