actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    20140105_125823_zps034ff583.jpg

Wind, cold? A properly equipped Jedi feels these things not.

On my way to work at 1.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Well after a few years of holding out I broke down and bought a blower today. 24", 180cc, two stage Craftsman. Worked pretty well, but still worn out. That wind will beat you up, and its creating 2ft drifts out here. Got the driveway blown as well as the sidewalk and street. Don't know if I'm going back out tonight, it is dropping FAST and the wind is picking up.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Well after a few years of holding out I broke down and bought a blower today. 24", 180cc, two stage Craftsman. Worked pretty well, but still worn out. That wind will beat you up, and its creating 2ft drifts out here. Got the driveway blown as well as the sidewalk and street. Don't know if I'm going back out tonight, it is dropping FAST and the wind is picking up.

Just can't beat a two stage snowblower in this weather.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    .45 ACP Federal 230 Grain FMJ, 100 Round Value Pack (Maroon Box), $38.77/box @ Schererville Walmart (Rt30 and 41)
    About ten or twelve boxes remaining about 1030 this morning.
    scored a couple of the 45 last week. the must have got another shipment.

Holy hell, it ain't pretty out there. I drove from CP to Merrillville Ace Hdw and got some oil, went to Family Express and got gas, and went to Aldi for half and half, potato chips, and bacon. Saw a Dodge Charger on chrome spoke dubs stuck in the oncoming lane on south Broadway.
    ran to walgreens by the hospital, that road is an effing mess... people in their little front wheel drives getting stuck in drifts. fukwits.

Well, it's official ... they just closed down unincorporated areas of Lake County to non-essential traffic. Only Emergency Vehicles and Gov Vehicles (Plows and Dept. of Transportation) allowed on roads.

Found link. (Thanks Snappy D!)
    So, is that like marshal law? what's the legality of it?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    So, is that like marshal law? what's the legality of it?

I think it's more of a "Please don't go out so that we don't have to put our lives in danger to come rescue you." I don't see what they could do to enforce it. The link that LH provided pretty much confirms this ... an Official is quoted as asking people to adhere to this order. BTW ... if they come get you, they will not pull your car out or take you home. You will be taken to a warming shelter.

From the NWS (for Lake County and NWI): "If you attempt to travel, you are putting your life in your hands."

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    OMG, I just cleared my driveway and our neighbor's. She was out there shoveling.. her husband has been at work all day and the driveway has to be cleared so he can get in when he gets home. The worst part is the 2 ft high piles of hardened snow in front of the driveway left by the city plows. :faint:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom