Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Holy hell, it ain't pretty out there. I drove from CP to Merrillville Ace Hdw and got some oil, went to Family Express and got gas, and went to Aldi for half and half, potato chips, and bacon. Saw a Dodge Charger on chrome spoke dubs stuck in the oncoming lane on south Broadway.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    kinda wanna go drive by him and laugh.....idiot.

Don't forget to wave.

I would have given him a push with my Jeep, but I was afraid I would eff up his car. He didn't know how to rock it either. :rolleyes:

Tow strap or wench (or is it winch) would be better.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Don't forget to wave.

Tow strap or wench (or is it winch) would be better.
    Wench
    sexy-wench.jpg

Winch
    image_19716.jpg

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    4 wheel drive gets you in trouble farther away from help

Exactly my point! What I wouldn't have given to have a 4x4 today for the drive home. I would have driven home exactly the same way, speed, and manner that I did with my front wheel drive car ... only with a little less apprehension. I saw others in their 4x4 driving like it was mid-July and hounding the slower traffic. I also saw at least two of them pay for it when those pesky laws of physics caught up to them.

Be careful. Be courteous out there.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    There was a full-size Dodge pickup in front of me on Broadway who took off sideways from every stop light because he didn't have sense enough to ease down on the gas.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Well, it's official ... they just closed down unincorporated areas of Lake County to non-essential traffic. Only Emergency Vehicles and Gov Vehicles (Plows and Dept. of Transportation) allowed on roads.

Found link. (Thanks Snappy D!)

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yep. Gotta go back out with the snowblower before it gets dark. Trying to hold off as long as I can so that when I have to do it tomorrow in the -15 there won't be as much snow.

I don't think my neighbors would appreciate me doing that when I get home. Though I'm tempted.

Public Service Announcement: Four Wheel (All Wheel) drive does not cancel any of the laws of physics. That is all.

Exactly my point! What I wouldn't have given to have a 4x4 today for the drive home. I would have driven home exactly the same way, speed, and manner that I did with my front wheel drive car ... only with a little less apprehension. I saw others in their 4x4 driving like it was mid-July and hounding the slower traffic. I also saw at least two of them pay for it when those pesky laws of physics caught up to them.

Be careful. Be courteous out there.

All vehicles have All Wheel Brakes. Sometimes people forget the 4x4 stops the same.

There was a full-size Dodge pickup in front of me on Broadway who took off sideways from every stop light because he didn't have sense enough to ease down on the gas.

I often override the traction control and do that to have fun. But not near traffic.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    All vehicles have All Wheel Brakes. Sometimes people forget the 4x4 stops the same.

The one that comes to mind didn't have to do with braking. This morning, a guy in a Chevy 4x tried to get on the Bishop Ford this morning near 111th. He tried to whip on there like it was a sunny July day and promptly put himself into a spin and shot off into the grass. If he had spun into traffic it might not have been pretty. Fortunately the semi next to me didn't over react (God bless him) ... he didn't touch his brakes and simply faded into my lane as I faded into the next lane as well. Everyone else was going slow enough to be able to react in case Mr. Chevy spun into traffic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom