• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just got back inside from an errand run up to St John. While in Tractor Supply I hear a "HEY BOB" shouted across the store. Walking toward me was 'Flashpuppy' with a big grin and wearing no jacket. YIKES.

Chatted for about 20 minutes, Jeremy is working on a nifty project to make his own loading machine, hoping to be fully automatic and run at speeds of 1000 rounds per hour. Instead of being a rotating loader like Hornady, Dillion, Lee, RCBS, etc it would instead be a straight linear machine like a C-H.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    7a7fb1f8d14c8c0f76e2a64bbc81f38a.jpg

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Hey, does anyone know somebody in NWI (pref. south county) who works on snowblowers? There used to be a guy who had a shop in Cedar Lake or Lowell, down some long road in the middle of a cornfield. I can't remember his name now, and don't know if he's still there.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Power just came back on. Generator worked great, yet again. Despite the cold it fired right up on natural gas without so much as a shutter or sputter. 15+ years and still running like brand new.
    lol. power went out here week before thanksgiving and I was in LA on business. had to talk the wife and kid through taking it out, switching breakers, hooking up, etc over the phone. hilarious... an auto switcher sure would be nice.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Mine is not an 'auto-switch' unit.

Mine is just an old Tri-Fuel portable unit (12,000 watt) that I have sitting in the garage. I was smart enough to have a NG line plumbed to the generator and there is a manual transfer switch down in the basement. To switch from utility to generator power I have to go and manually flip the cut-over/transfer switch in the basement, then go out to the garage and fire up the generator. We open a utility door next to the generator and lift one of the garage doors to vent out the exhaust.

A Romex 'extension cord' runs power to the cut-over box in the basement.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Mine is not an 'auto-switch' unit.

Mine is just an old Tri-Fuel portable unit (12,000 watt) that I have sitting in the garage. I was smart enough to have a NG line plumbed to the generator and there is a manual transfer switch down in the basement. To switch from utility to generator power I have to go and manually flip the cut-over/transfer switch in the basement, then go out to the garage and fire up the generator. We open a utility door next to the generator and lift one of the garage doors to vent out the exhaust.

A Romex 'extension cord' runs power to the cut-over box in the basement.
    gotcha. same setup as my gasoline one then pretty much.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Anyone want to chime in on what my AR might be worth now a days? RRA lower and LPK, RRA 2 stage trigger, 16 upper 1;19 twist, all foliage green magpul goodness, entry level scope. Really considering letting it go to the classifieds, but I'm not looking to lose my tail on it either, I'm just at the point that if I don't shoot it, why have it... As new, never fired. Anyone sell or buy recently that can offer some input.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Anyone want to chime in on what my AR might be worth now a days? RRA lower and LPK, RRA 2 stage trigger, 16 upper 1;19 twist, all foliage green magpul goodness, entry level scope. Really considering letting it go to the classifieds, but I'm not looking to lose my tail on it either, I'm just at the point that if I don't shoot it, why have it... As new, never fired. Anyone sell or buy recently that can offer some input.
    $600 ish.

That is all low end MagPul stuff.

The upper is the old style with the carry handle that cannot be removed, generally undesirable in today's market.

1:19 twist rate? Are you sure about that? 1:7, 1:8 and 1:9 are the three most common twist rates. 1:12 twist is common for dedicated 22LR uppers. Can't say I've ever heard of a 1:19.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    $600 ish.

That is all low end MagPul stuff.

The upper is the old style with the carry handle that cannot be removed, generally undesirable in today's market.

1:19 twist rate? Are you sure about that? 1:7, 1:8 and 1:9 are the three most common twist rates. 1:12 twist is common for dedicated 22LR uppers. Can't say I've ever heard of a 1:19.

lol. fat fingers...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Snapdragon, I'd second Jim over at jim's repair... he does good work....

WD, I can't get that site to open for some reason... but I'm guessing I wouldn't be much help... I shoot good, move not so good.....

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    lol. power went out here week before thanksgiving and I was in LA on business. had to talk the wife and kid through taking it out, switching breakers, hooking up, etc over the phone. hilarious... an auto switcher sure would be nice.
    We have an ATS on our NG Generator. It is really nice. About 10 secs between power outage and generator taking over.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Ok, thanks. I may try Jim if I can't figure out who that other guy was. Haven't used my snowblower in 3 years. I ALWAYS empty the gas out of it at the winter. But this time I didn't and now it won't start.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom