• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Ok, maybe "ripped him a new one" was too strong. I believe I said "So what you're saying is, I have no interest in your community; I just want to sell my stuff."

Looks like someone needs a Hug and Anger Management. Better get your snow blower fixed as the forecast said another 4-6 inches of snow or will you get another two day vacation?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    We'll see if I need to get my snowblower fixed. Last night I looked in the gas tank again, and there was actually just a small puddle of gas. Maybe I emptied it and ran it out after all. I brought it into the laundry room to warm up, and put fresh gas and oil in it. Now that it's warm and has fresh gas through the pipes, I'm going to try taking it out and starting it again. Cross your fingers.

Not sure if I'll get another day of vacation or not. Next week is registration week, so no classes yet. They may be more likely to close the school if there are no classes.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    We'll see if I need to get my snowblower fixed. Last night I looked in the gas tank again, and there was actually just a small puddle of gas. Maybe I emptied it and ran it out after all. I brought it into the laundry room to warm up, and put fresh gas and oil in it. Now that it's warm and has fresh gas through the pipes, I'm going to try taking it out and starting it again. Cross your fingers.

Not sure if I'll get another day of vacation or not. Next week is registration week, so no classes yet. They may be more likely to close the school if there are no classes.

What, you don't have electric start and if there is a gas valve, is it open?

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Morning folks. After the mice moved into my car I put some poison out and now I smell mouse death. Looks like I have some searching to do this morning before hitting the gym for a swim.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    What, you don't have electric start and if there is a gas valve, is it open?

Electric start. Choke was open, primer was primed. Tried it with both pull start and electric start. I'm thinking that it may not be getting any spark? When I push the electric start button, it just whines. When I pull the starter, it sounds like it's going to turn over but it doesn't.

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    Electric start. Choke was open, primer was primed. Tried it with both pull start and electric start. I'm thinking that it may not be getting any spark? When I push the electric start button, it just whines. When I pull the starter, it sounds like it's going to turn over but it doesn't.
    Choke should be closed when cold. If you have access to starting fluid, you could give it a very small shot into the air cleaner. If it fires up, let it run for a bit, gradually opening the choke.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Woohoo! Got it started. I let it run for a few minutes to let the fresh gas run through it. We're GTG.

Thanks baddyna, the choke thing did it. I've always started it with the choke open and then closed it once it got going.

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    Woohoo! Got it started. I let it run for a few minutes to let the fresh gas run through it. We're GTG.

Thanks baddyna, the choke thing did it. I've always started it with the choke open and then closed it once it got going.
    haha! Didn't it smoke quite a bit that way? Now, when you are using it and have to shut it off for some reason, you can leave the choke open to restart. If the engine cools down, you'll have to use the choke again. Glad to help!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yeah, I ripped him a new one about that, and then I deleted it. Actaeon saw it. That's why he told the guy to grow thick skin-- because of meanies like me. :D

I just copied my same intro that I've used for the last 4 people.
    So no, I did not modify it because of Snapdragon.
    Sometimes people, especially new people, forget that there are differing opinions, and get bent out of shape.
    I just like to inoculate them.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Now all you need is the snow.

May come tonight. I'm right on the state line where Kankakee Co. IL, Will Co. IL, and Lake Co. IN meet. Kankakee county is supposed to get 6 to 10 inches of snow tonight.

I just mounted the snowblower on the back of my tractor. 6' wide and almost 6' tall to the top of the shoot. It gets the job done a lot quicker than a blade when the snow gets deep. Blades work pretty well until the snow rolls over the top of the blade. The big 2-stage blower gets rid of the snow fast and you don't end up with mounds of snow along the edges.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom