thoroughbred

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    My houseboat on Lake Michigan
    x4f2it.png

33uvo6w.png

These are the bridges im wondering about. It does run right over the south shore so that very well could be...is the ec transit building what you referred to as the motor pool? If so that is the place:yesway:

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Christmas with the Grizwalds... 3 am, next door - half dozen + CP squads and the tactical unit using my front yard landscaping for a flanking position on the neighbors house. Sweet jesus... college age girl took a shot at her brother in the house after he showed up bangin on the door to take his kid that was stay with g-ma for the night. Put projectile in the wall with her xd 9mm... wtf... long dysfunctional back story that I won't go into.

Too busy watching TMZ instead of reading the threads?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Good luck TV...... but you know they offer you plans based on your last years income so you won't be able to afford it anyway..... and then the Inferno guys will hit you up with a tax, I mean fine, I mean tax for not having the insurance they offer you even though the whole reason you don't have it is because you couldn't pay for it anyways.... Which you won't be able to pay for the fine either which will just allow them to punish you for not paying that fine by charging you interest and delinquency fees on the fine, I mean tax you couldn't pay because you were unemployed and couldn't pay for insurance or their offered insurance in the first place....

It will be very simple in the end..... OK not really, but they will tell you it will be and who are we to tell them they are lying about anything.....

Good luck on finding a new job before this all gets way too deep for you....

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    well won one of my fantasy football leagues, came in second in another and still have one more week to go for my 3rd one and I currently am in first place and have to really bomb next week in order to lose that one (no playoffs just record based/points based)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    TRIPLE Espresso + Joffery Ballet's NUTCRACKER = an afternoon of sound sleep

Title describes the event pretty well.

We have a Christmas time traditions, started before Melen was even 1 year old, we go to Marshall Field's Walnut Room in downtown Chicago for breakfast, then see the real Santa at Marshall Fields, and then every few years we go to see the Nutcracker Suite ballet.

So Macy's destroyed our tradition by buying Marshall Field's and turning it into a junk department store with cut rate goods, tatted up surly help and lousy service. But they kept the Walnut Room open so we continue our annual pilgrimage and each year Macy's has made the grand Christmas tree in the center of the room worse, and more generic. Melen has been too grown up to see Santa for many years. Funny but a few other tables around us were making similar comments about how the grand old State Street store has gone so badly down hill under Macy's ownership. Apparently we are not the only family to think so.

Anyway, we have our Walnut Room breakfast, do a bit of shopping, about 12;45pm I wander down to the Starbucks cafe in the lower level of the store and get a triple espresso to fortify me for the 2pm matinee ballet.

Drink that down and go to the parking garage with the family, and a trunk load worth of shopping bags, and wisk them off to 50 E. Congress Pkwy and the very grand old gilt covered Auditorium Theatre for the ballet.

We find our seats, which were better than expected, main floor, just off the center, and just far enough back to see the whole stage but not so far back that we couldn't see the individual expressions on the faces of the performers.

Lights dim.

Orchestra starts playing.

My head starts dropping.

Off to sleep I went.

Apparently a triple espresso is not all its cracked up to be?

Most expensive nap I ever took :(

Thankfully the applause woke me for the intermission, and I was wide awake for 20 minutes while the lights were on. Took a photo of the two hot French ladies sitting in front of me and the usher scolded me for taking a photo when NO CAMERAS ARE ALLOWED . . . but it was their camera!

Lights dimmed again and the 2nd Act was to begin.

Orchestra started playing again.

Head started to sag.

Off to sleep again.

Well I can say that what parts of it I did see were very good. Don't ask for a full review. Or if you want a better review of the ballet, use Google to find one of those. On the other hand, the old Auditorium Theatre is spectacular.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Remember back in the mid 1970's seeing Jesus Christ Superstar at the Auditorium Theater. Around that time period, was at universal Studios in California and saw a production of Jesus Christ Superstar before they went to Israel to film the movie. Saw some TV stars there, the professor from Gilligan's Island, Kent McCord and Martin Milner from Adam 12 talking to Ricky Nelson.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom