• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Omfg. I effin hate my mil... Its my sons first bday party and she showed up 3 hours late and treated me like I am some kind of house servant... And laughed about it... Seriously considering going to bed right now while they all enjoy the rest of the party (that should have been over a couple hours ago if they showed up on time...)

Family's are fun to stay away. Bullies are only bullies if you let them. Need to catch her alone and tell how you feel or live in her shadow.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Lol... Thanks for the invite. May take you up on it if Things get out of control... I'm in bed watching a movie now and hopefully Every body will be happy now... I know I feel much better in here!

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    I have tried to have an adult conversation with her about things like this... It doesn't work. She bullies all of her children and is only happy when one of them is going through some hardship... She is jealous of her kids and she is also an undiagnosed bi-polar... There is no winning with her at all. She has had too much practice breaking her kids and husband down. Thanks for the tips though. Keeping a distance and pretending I don't hear half of what she says seems to be the easiest way to cope...

I'm over being right, my only concern is being happy...

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Cyprant, it's like we have the same mil. Unfortunately my wife is an only child so it didn't get spread around---the misery is concentrated. My mil is actually a diagnosed but unmedicated bipolar so I feel your pain.

I took a page from melensdad's book and moved my wife 2000 miles from her parents.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Cyprant, it's like we have the same mil. Unfortunately my wife is an only child so it didn't get spread around---the misery is concentrated. My mil is actually a diagnosed but unmedicated bipolar so I feel your pain.

I took a page from melensdad's book and moved my wife 2000 miles from her parents.

I feel your pain... Unfortunately I can over hear my wife and her family talking about me now... Feeling hurt and disrespected and kind of wondering if if this cycle will continue on... This sucks.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Not cool man. I had one of those happen too. Regrettably I flipped my shiznit and threw them out of my place in spectacular fashion. Didn't interact with them for two years after that.

It's a no-win. The cancerous family members thrive on the drama. Wish I had advice but the best I got is not to take it to heart, and not to let it get between you and your wife.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I have tried to have an adult conversation with her about things like this... It doesn't work. She bullies all of her children and is only happy when one of them is going through some hardship... She is jealous of her kids and she is also an undiagnosed bi-polar... There is no winning with her at all. She has had too much practice breaking her kids and husband down. Thanks for the tips though. Keeping a distance and pretending I don't hear half of what she says seems to be the easiest way to cope...

I'm over being right, my only concern is being happy...
    holy s*it sticks... you got the same MIL as me!!!!

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    SO, NWI INGO meet up on the 3rd Thursday of Feb. anyone?
    Glen Park Izaak Walton.
    Please PM me if you are coming so I can get a head count. I will be providing Pizza from JJ's for the event. After shooting, the club lounge (*cash bar) will be open for those of you that may like to enjoy an adult beverage, cigar (bring your own), etc.

We hold a winter shoot competition every month during the winter alternating from Glen Park to Miller. I spoke with the Range Master and have a green light to invite y'all to the Feb. event...
    We generally start at 7pm, but pending the number of shooters, we might start at 6pm instead.
    Hope some of you can make it. It's very relaxed/friendly and we always have a good time making fun of each other.
    We shoot in rotating 3 person groups with one range officer controlling the action in the range for each group and we have a designated score keeper collecting and scoring the targets.
    The event generally runs from 7 to about 9:30 and we usually hang out for a couple of beers, etc. while the scorer figures the pay outs and the winners collect their massive winnings...

Format is as follows,
    $10 buy in per shooter.

Shoot consists of five (5) events (targets); at least one target shall be a "fun" target event. (meaning not a standard single bullseye) The Equipment needed shall be a .22LR rimfire Rifle with either peep sights or open sights. The Pistol shall be a .22LR rimfire with open sights. Shooters over the age of 65 shall be allowed to use a "Red-Dot" sight on the pistol. Laser sights shall not be allowed. The ammunition requirement shall be 100 rounds for the Shoot.

Prize Money shall be as follows for each Event (target):
    1. $4.00 First Place
    2. $3.00 Second Place
    3. $2.00 Third Place

OPTIONAL SHOOT (S)

Glen Park Chapter .38 Pistol - Standard Velocity ammunition including Wadcutter and Semi-Wadcutter $2.00 Entry Fee
    .45 ACP Pistol - Ammunition FMJ or Lead $2.00 Entry Fee

For the math challenged, that's $14 for all events if you want to also compete in the .45 and the .38
    And again, I will provide the Pizza... yummy...
    So come out and have some fun, check out the club and hang with some fellow shooters!

-Damon

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Sounds fun. I think its time we join an Izzak Walton... Griffith is the closest to me...

What's with these people?? Is it a generational thing? Spoiled self centered man hating women trying to ruin our lives... Sheesh!

Last edited:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Glen Park Izaak Walton.
    Please PM me if you are coming so I can get a head count. I will be providing Pizza from JJ's for the event. After shooting, the club lounge (*cash bar) will be open for those of you that may like to enjoy an adult beverage, cigar (bring your own), etc.

We hold a winter shoot competition every month during the winter alternating from Glen Park to Miller. I spoke with the Range Master and have a green light to invite y'all to the Feb. event...
    We generally start at 7pm, but pending the number of shooters, we might start at 6pm instead.
    Hope some of you can make it. It's very relaxed/friendly and we always have a good time making fun of each other.
    We shoot in rotating 3 person groups with one range officer controlling the action in the range for each group and we have a designated score keeper collecting and scoring the targets.
    The event generally runs from 7 to about 9:30 and we usually hang out for a couple of beers, etc. while the scorer figures the pay outs and the winners collect their massive winnings...

Format is as follows,
    $10 buy in per shooter.

Shoot consists of five (5) events (targets); at least one target shall be a "fun" target event. (meaning not a standard single bullseye) The Equipment needed shall be a .22LR rimfire Rifle with either peep sights or open sights. The Pistol shall be a .22LR rimfire with open sights. Shooters over the age of 65 shall be allowed to use a "Red-Dot" sight on the pistol. Laser sights shall not be allowed. The ammunition requirement shall be 100 rounds for the Shoot.

1. $4.00 First Place
    2. $3.00 Second Place
    3. $2.00 Third Place

OPTIONAL SHOOT (S)

Glen Park Chapter .38 Pistol - Standard Velocity ammunition including Wadcutter and Semi-Wadcutter $2.00 Entry Fee

For the math challenged, that's $14 for all events if you want to also compete in the .45 and the .38
    So come out and have some fun, check out the club and hang with some fellow shooters!

-Damon

Thanks for the invite.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Glen Park Izaak Walton.

Format is as follows,
    $10 buy in per shooter.

1. $4.00 First Place
    2. $3.00 Second Place
    3. $2.00 Third Place

OPTIONAL SHOOT (S)

-Damon
    It's on my calender but its to far out to tell. I hope to make it.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I'm starting to not like my Suburban... first the 4 wheel drive stopped working correctly and now I'm getting a Service tire monitor warning on the console...

and it's looking like I won't make it to the range tomorrow as I've got 3 service calls now....

Oh well I guess that's how it goes....

It's been years since I've been to the Glen Park IKES.... Might have to stop in for the event.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I'm starting to not like my Suburban... first the 4 wheel drive stopped working correctly and now I'm getting a Service tire monitor warning on the console...

and it's looking like I won't make it to the range tomorrow as I've got 3 service calls now....

Oh well I guess that's how it goes....

It's been years since I've been to the Glen Park IKES.... Might have to stop in for the event.

This time of the year with cold weather, the sensors will come on as the tires will lose enough air to set the system off. Just check the tires and add air to the low tire(s) and you will be good to go. Daughters jeep has the same problem and had to come over for me to fill up the tires last week, told her to buy an air compressor for her husband for Christmas.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I'm starting to not like my Suburban... first the 4 wheel drive stopped working correctly and now I'm getting a Service tire monitor warning on the console...and it's looking like I won't make it to the range tomorrow as I've got 3 service calls now....Oh well I guess that's how it goes....It's been years since I've been to the Glen Park IKES.... Might have to stop in for the event.
    Has your fuel pump gone out yet?

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    The Blythe's Christmas Party was last night, it was fantastic. I got a full Dremel 4000 with kit, and the Dremel Multimax. I have been wanting a dremel for years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom