• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well since the weather guy was finely some what correct about the snow and my 4 wheel drive is on the fritz.....

I guess I'll have to wait for a range day tomorrow....

Very bummed....

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Well since the weather guy was finely some what correct about the snow and my 4 wheel drive is on the fritz.....

I guess I'll have to wait for a range day tomorrow....

Very bummed....
    Weather on the television said we will be getting around 6+ inches of snow and dropping temps again.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Ya, waiting to see what happens tomorrow... if the 4 wheel drive would engage I'd go today but .... Hopefully this week I'll get the truck working right again.... I have this type of luck with vehicles.... I normally have everything I can think of replaced in her before I take one of my trips to Cali or I'll get stuck on the side of the road for sure....

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Chef, I can always figure out it's time to start shoveling when the wife puts her coat on and starts shoveling.... I hate it when that happens...

Actually if the 4 wheel drive is in working condition I don't worry about the driveway until we get a foot or so as the truck will drive up and over it just fine...

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I wish the DNR ranges were open on Mondays or Tuesdays. Weekends are such a pain with the crowds and you never know what kind of yahoo you'll end up with next to you. I just wish I could have made it out when it was really cold this past week. Between the two though, I would rather have a lot of snow while shooting.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Wonder if the Illinois Police know anything about that new rule on LTCH carrying in their own vehicles. Sometimes their the last to know, hate to be the guy that is explaining it to them..
    The IL police are the ones publicizing it the most.

Why's everybody afraid of a little snow?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The roads are fine, at least in CP. My driveway has about 5", but since we have 4WD vehicles, I'm not going to worry about it.

Came home early from North Carolina, got home about an hour ago. Left early because of the storm. What storm? It rained all the way from Kentucky to Lafayette. Nothing from Lafayette north on I-65 to the RT 2 exit/Lowell.

NO SNOW on ANY of the roads.

NO SLUSH on ANY of the roads.

NO ICE on ANY of the roads.

717 miles, drove 11.5 hours, stopped 1 time for fuel just west of Ashland, KY, (near the Kentucky-W.Virginia border) 2 stops for Starbucks. Got to love a diesel car's fuel economy! Still have 1/3rd a tank of fuel.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Just got the driveway done. I love my snowblower.

Didn't get to start my new Christmas light project yet.
    Busy all day.
    Would have been nice though, it was pretty warm.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Chef, I can always figure out it's time to start shoveling when the wife puts her coat on and starts shoveling.... I hate it when that happens...

Actually if the 4 wheel drive is in working condition I don't worry about the driveway until we get a foot or so as the truck will drive up and over it just fine...

You know when your in trouble and the wife doesn't say a word. Impending doom is meeting you head on like a 300 foot tsunami.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I hate packing the snow on the driveway. I'll park on the street, so that I can get the driveway before the tires pack it down.

Of course, my roommate already drove on it. But counting down till the end of the year for that.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Came home early from North Carolina, got home about an hour ago. Left early because of the storm. What storm? It rained all the way from Kentucky to Lafayette. Nothing from Lafayette north on I-65 to the RT 2 exit/Lowell.

NO SNOW on ANY of the roads.

NO SLUSH on ANY of the roads.

NO ICE on ANY of the roads.

717 miles, drove 11.5 hours, stopped 1 time for fuel just west of Ashland, KY, (near the Kentucky-W.Virginia border) 2 stops for Starbucks. Got to love a diesel car's fuel economy! Still have 1/3rd a tank of fuel.

You found a better way than going 75 to Knoxville and 40 east to Winston-Salem?

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Omfg. I effin hate my mil... Its my sons first bday party and she showed up 3 hours late and treated me like I am some kind of house servant... And laughed about it... Seriously considering going to bed right now while they all enjoy the rest of the party (that should have been over a couple hours ago if they showed up on time...)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Omfg. I effin hate my mil... Its my sons first bday party and she showed up 3 hours late and treated me like I am some kind of house servant... And laughed about it... Seriously considering going to bed right now while they all enjoy the rest of the party (that should have been over a couple hours ago if they showed up on time...)

Come on over my house. It's a refuge from MILs.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    You found a better way than going 75 to Knoxville and 40 east to Winston-Salem?

This is the first time I tried, and I like, 65 south to Louisville, then east straight across Kentucky through Ashland, KY and over to Charleston, WV. You pay tolls on the WV turnpike, south from Charleston to the VA border, its then freeway through VA to Win-Salem, NC.

Interstate the whole way. Avoids rural KY roads. Avoids rural bi-ways from Dayton, OH south to KY. Avoids rural bi-ways across southern OH to Cincinnati . . . and since my LTCH is not valid in OH, I was able to carry the entire way. As for time, it is the same, faster when things go bad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom