• Status
    Not open for further replies.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    My mom is selling her LCR in 38 +P. She's an Illinois resident so it will need to be transfered through an FFL either the one J use or it fan be shipped where ever...
    Comes with laser and has had 15 rounds through it...

$450 shipped

Can IL sell to IL FTF? I've got a buddy in Peotone that's in love with my LCR CT, might be interested.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Yup this is true. Not sure my mom wants to deal with a f2f sale though... she's not the trusting type and her position is to keep the gun she doesn't like... I have convinced her I would make it painless form her to get what she wants instead of a gun sitting in a safe doing nothing...

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Yup this is true. Not sure my mom wants to deal with a f2f sale though... she's not the trusting type and her position is to keep the gun she doesn't like... I have convinced her I would make it painless form her to get what she wants instead of a gun sitting in a safe doing nothing...
    10-4

I'll let him know though, he prefers ffl transfers regardless, at least I know he made his brother in law go through one for a gifted gun, whether its ignorance or preference, I don't know.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Cool. Thanks. My mom lives about 200 miles south... she will be up here this weekend to either transfer it at a FFL or leave it with my Ffl in his safe until it sells on gun broker...

And NWI MSG: sorry for the spam...

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    blah what a way to finish my mini vacation (which I had a blast)

so I'm helping my friend look for their dog today (was found thankfully) and I'm getting ready to head over to my sisters house so that myself, my brother-in-law, his dad and my grandfather could go get dinner for our yearly veterans day get together (all of us are vets and have been overseas). Well on the way to the house my truck just dies on me and i have no power or anything. My gas gauge doesnt work so I thought maybe I ran out of gas (but pretty much near impossible as today was the only day i drove it since putting gas in it a couple days ago but still a possibility). While its snowing etc i grabbed the gas can and run to the nearest gas station, which wasnt far at all, to fill it up to put gas in and then run back. Well thinking it may be an electric type fuel pump (not a car guy but know barely enough) to where I had to turn the key so the electronics would turn on and have the pump do its thing. (i was also told this by a friend who knows about cars). Go to try and start it up....nothing, sounds like it wants to turn over and sometimes it does but would be very rough idling and once I tried to put it into gear it would just die again. Last time i've had something like this happen it was my fuel pump (which was either 2 or 3 years ago).

anyone else have any ideas?

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    blah what a way to finish my mini vacation (which I had a blast)

so I'm helping my friend look for their dog today (was found thankfully) and I'm getting ready to head over to my sisters house so that myself, my brother-in-law, his dad and my grandfather could go get dinner for our yearly veterans day get together (all of us are vets and have been overseas). Well on the way to the house my truck just dies on me and i have no power or anything. My gas gauge doesnt work so I thought maybe I ran out of gas (but pretty much near impossible as today was the only day i drove it since putting gas in it a couple days ago but still a possibility). While its snowing etc i grabbed the gas can and run to the nearest gas station, which wasnt far at all, to fill it up to put gas in and then run back. Well thinking it may be an electric type fuel pump (not a car guy but know barely enough) to where I had to turn the key so the electronics would turn on and have the pump do its thing. (i was also told this by a friend who knows about cars). Go to try and start it up....nothing, sounds like it wants to turn over and sometimes it does but would be very rough idling and once I tried to put it into gear it would just die again. Last time i've had something like this happen it was my fuel pump (which was either 2 or 3 years ago).

anyone else have any ideas?

Punctuation and paragraphs help tremendously.

As far as what I was able to pull from that, check your grounds, check your battery terminals.

When you turn the key forward (on, but not start) do you hear the fuel pump?

Could be a million and one things, start with the easy.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    If it is an older gm truck (88-98) or suburban get a brick and bash on the fuel tank a few times. When you turn the ignition you should be able to hear it whine. Usually the tank beating gets it to work for a little while. Doing that could potentially get you back home to your mechanic. It has saved me a few times, and now I keep a big clevis in the truck that is pretty much for tank beating. Just to beat it too hard...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Picture7-1.png

OPEN CARRY NIGHT is this week, Thursday Evening.

Bring in a rifle, shotgun, flame thrower or what have you to show off :rockwoot:

Thursday evening, 6pm to 9pm, the 1101 Cigar Lounge (aka "NWI INGO Clubhouse") will host another OPEN CARRY night and will be featuring a guitar player and Torano Cigars.

torano.jpg

As is normal, Open Carry is optional. Cigars are optional.
    Gun talk is mandatory. There is no cost to attend.

Is there any interest in making this a "rifle show" type of event where you bring in a rifle to show off? It might mix things up a bit instead of just having handguns on our hips, we could clear off some counter space and show off some long range game getters, target poppers and zombie killers.

image_zpsc6f18fc7.jpg

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    Punctuation and paragraphs help tremendously.

As far as what I was able to pull from that, check your grounds, check your battery terminals.

When you turn the key forward (on, but not start) do you hear the fuel pump?

Could be a million and one things, start with the easy.

I have bad hearing so I don't hear little things like that so I couldn't tell you.

If it is an older gm truck (88-98) or suburban get a brick and bash on the fuel tank a few times. When you turn the ignition you should be able to hear it whine. Usually the tank beating gets it to work for a little while. Doing that could potentially get you back home to your mechanic. It has saved me a few times, and now I keep a big clevis in the truck that is pretty much for tank beating. Just to beat it too hard...

it's a 99 GMC Sierra with the 5.3 V8

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hey NWI if you plan on attending a Project Appleseed next year here are the new fees for next year.
    Note if you buy a gift certificate this xmass season the you can save some money on next year's Appleseed.

Announcements

2014 Shoot Fees

For 2014 we are greatly simplifying the fee structure. For any shoot, there will be three choices: Adult, youth, free:
    Adults Youth (<18 yo)
    Two-day events
    $60

$20
    One-day events
    $40

$15
    Three-day events
    $90

$30
    Rifleman Boot Camp
    $150

$50
    Instructor Boot Camp
    Free

Free

Notes:
    * Free youth companion tickets are eliminated
    * No changes in other free categories (LEO, mil, etc.) from 2013
    * Multi-day events have the same fee regardless of days attending

Shoot Gift Certificates Return For The Holidays!

We will once again be selling gift certificates good for adult admission to a one or two-day Appleseed event. Get your friend, family member (or even yourself) out to a shoot at a discount. This year we are charging $50 for a shoot gift certificate. They will be available through the Appleseed store (link) on or about November 15th. Look for the red bow on the home page!

thoroughbred

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    My houseboat on Lake Michigan
    Anyone interested in some .308 ar mags? I have 3 dpms and 2 pmags I want to get rid of for cheap. I recently traded my dad for his .308 lmt and some of the dpms mags fit tighter than I like, they work but just are snug and then I have 2 pmags same thing they have been sanded down in areas though. If you're interested let me know...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :crying:
    today was Ds 6th bday and we went to tyler's tender for dinner.
    on the way back we passed blythes and jedi tells him.
    oh we should of bought you a rifle instead of that jaba's lego palace.
    before he can say anything ds (2.5 years old says)
    nnnnnooooooo marcos for mmmmmeeeeeee

;crying;
    that right brings a tear to a father's eye.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Anyone interested in some .308 ar mags? I have 3 dpms and 2 pmags I want to get rid of for cheap. I recently traded my dad for his .308 lmt and some of the dpms mags fit tighter than I like, they work but just are snug and then I have 2 pmags same thing they have been sanded down in areas though. If you're interested let me know...
    LARRY LARRY LARRY!!!! Calling larrrrrrrryyyyy!!!!!!

Larry (Actaeon) was wanting these recently

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Wha?

:crying:
    today was Ds 6th bday and we went to tyler's tender for dinner.
    on the way back we passed blythes and jedi tells him.
    oh we should of bought you a rifle instead of that jaba's lego palace.
    before he can say anything ds (2.5 years old says)
    nnnnnooooooo marcos for mmmmmeeeeeee

;crying;
    that right brings a tear to a father's eye.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom