Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    LEGOS ... meh.

I think my brother and I climbed Mt. Everest a hundred times, stormed Normandy Beach at least two dozen times, went spelunking to the center of the earth thousands more times, shot down countless Japanese and Nazis, sailed every ocean, fought thousands of sea monsters ... We did all this with some broomsticks, pop bottles, broken garden hose, cardboard boxes, old blankets, a couple lengths of rope, and a little imagination.
    Amazing isn't it? Our bunk beds played a big part in our playing too. It is sad that children today are mostly unable to use their imaginations after age 5 or so.

Little kids can still have more fun with the box a toy comes in than the toy itself, but it doesn't last long.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point

TRANSLATION: In a failed attempt to "copy and paste" some information, from an inferior non-Apple phone, I failed miserably. My inadequate skills and sub-par device caused the message to be reformatted in the cross-platform exchange. Being a north of US30 lazy slug, I didn't take the time to correct the formatting, thereby leaving all you people to attempt to decipher my botched attempt.
    too bad this is too long to be my sig line! Lmao

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Amazing isn't it? Our bunk beds played a big part in our playing too. It is sad that children today are mostly unable to use their imaginations after age 5 or so.

Little kids can still have more fun with the box a toy comes in than the toy itself, but it doesn't last long.
    Sure it does. But it depends on the parents too.

My daughter got books instead of video games.

Her toys were doll houses and dolls. And she had a train set. And she had paints and modeling clay. And she had some Duplo/Lego and later Playmobil blocks. Eventually she got guns, bows & arrows. And more books. Etc.

Its amazing what kids can make. I don't think my daughter got her first video game until she was a sophomore or junior in high school. And she was not allowed to play them until all hours of the night. Sure, she did some game binges, but she also competed in sports, scholastic competitions, traveled, and played outside too.

Now as a freshman in college she has the ability to think and reason. I'm just saying that we don't need to give our kids the types of 'toys' that sap them of their own inherent creativity. In fact I think it does them an injustice when we do.

I'm far from the perfect dad, but I'm proud that my daughter is not a mindless game zombie/drug user/sex fiend/etc like many of the kids I see at the high schools.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    You can if you want, I'm taking a step back on this one. I'm trying to see how active we can get INGO on our pages.
    Is it the same dates and time that you posted few days ago? Will this poll be in the break room or Blythes forum?

"INGO December Meet and Shoot. The days are the 1st, 14th, 21st, 22nd, 28th, and 29th. Starting at 5 and going till 8ish"

Last edited:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Will this work for you?

Blythes in Valpo will be hosting another INGO event in December. We are having our range and store open to only INGO members for the evening after store hours. It will be from 5 till 8ish. The days to vote on are the 1st, 14th, 21st, 22nd, 28th, and 29th.

Free range time for all who attend. I can't post any deals just yet as we will not know what our inventory will look like, but we hope to see all our INGO members again.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I can't remember if I said this....

Never
    And I mean NEVER
    EVER
    tell your physical therapist that you seem to have reached a plateau and aren't seeing any improvement.

They see that as a personal challenge.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    no pink person
    Da PINKFather and Jedi go into hibernation starting in dec until feb.
    He needs time away from all you losers so he can play with his PINK Lego, reload, and look for his unicorn.
    mar-nov is enough for him and not getting burned out.

he has one final group buy to complete before dec and that is it for the year.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Doesn't pain = progress?

Post 485 had a pork chop dinner. I worked. I left when they were starting clean up though.
    I had to go home to take a pill for my back.
    How am I going to go back to work, if I can't even work 3 or 4 hours at a dinner?

Progress (to me) would be all this pain stopping, so I can get back to work.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Post 485 had a pork chop dinner. I worked. I left when they were starting clean up though.
    How am I going to go back to work, if I can't even work 3 or 4 hours at a dinner?

I love pork chops. Let me know when the dinner is. Please.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I love pork chops. Let me know when the dinner is. Please.

Ummmm.....

HAD a pork chop dinner.
    It's over now, it was Saturday.
    They were good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members