• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    @Bob the guy came today and gave me another Ashton cigar so I told him about your place, hes big into cigaras. I guess hes from Pittsburgh and is some big wig here at work. He flies up here periodically and only knows of a cigar shop in Merrillville sooo hopefully he buys a bunch from u.
    Also I plan on digging up hostas today of I dont get held over at work again (been happening every day this week) should be by tomorrow morning if I can dig today if not it will be Friday for sure since ill be off.

@wd your mask will be at the lounge tomorrow or Friday see above.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm leaning heavily towards the Passat TDI right now. Not sure if my infatuation will last but boy is that thing tempting. I'd be almost quadrupling my mileage and halving my payment. Still trying to get past all the negative stuff I've been reading about the whole VW reliability thing and wondering if the diesel is actually worth the extra attention it apparently needs. We'll see...
    I own a 2010 Jetta TDI and I rented a new Euro Spec Passat TDI in Scotland and drove it for almost a month around the Scottish Highlands and around England. Both the Passat and the Jetta TDI share the same engine. Their exhaust configurations differ but for all practical purposes they use the same engine/drivetrain.

As far as engine needing extra care? WTF?!? Oil changed every 10,000 miles and its good to go. No plugs. No plug wires. No fuss, no muss. Starts every time, has no issues.

As for fuel economy, I get an HONEST 38 to 40 mpg for my LONG TERM AVERAGE fuel economy. That includes driving into Chicago, rural driving around Lowell, several trips a week from Lowell to Chicago Heights to Schererville back to Chicago Heights and then returning to Lowell which is a mix of rural, suburban and urban driving.

Took it to St Louis last summer for a weekend to visit my daughter in college; it was 104 degrees outside so I ran the AC the whole trip. Drove 70mph+ on the highways, drove around St Louis during the weekend. Started with a full tank, which was 13.5 gallons. Did the entire trip on 14.2 gallons, didn't fill up again until I got northeast of Kankakee and almost home! Averaged 42+ mpg on the trip.

I seriously want an Audi A6 or a Mercedes E class. I looked at the Toyota Avalon hybrid and the Lexus E300 hybrid. When I finally do buy a new sedan, it will probably be the VW Passat TDI.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Sooo if I drive to Illinois firearm in the vehicle, go to my unit (army reserves) but do not park on military property, get out go to work when im done get in drive home, no laws broken?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Anybody know where you can get this kit. And I know you can't have a SBS in Indiana ;)

76730CB6-5CAC-4741-81B1-4D5B3E7166A6-742-000000E3BAA49A39_zps3a0cb74d.jpg

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    So I'm picking someone up in Orland Park, IL tomorrow and going to camp at Shades down by Turkey Run.

Trying to trip plan it. With some google maps help, here are some options.
    A)I-57S to I-74E to Local
    B)I-80E to I-65S to US231(in Lafayette) to Local
    C)I-80E to US-41S to Local

Google maps says A would be 3:18, B is 2:55, C is 3:08

I'm not so sure about B due to getting on 231 in Lafayette. Never been there in a car, but the couple times I have in a semi it was a zoo. 41 south I'm not so sure about either, it takes a half hour sometimes just to get from I-80 to US30. I almost think taking 57 would be the best even though it curves to the west.

I could also do 57 to Monee-Manhattan road or the Bourbonnais exit and cut over to 41 via backroads(I know the area, used to work out there)

We'll be leaving around 10-10:30

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I would go with C RT41 is a nice road once you get past route 30. You could take 80 to 394 south that will become Rt1 and then become RT17 to RT41 south. That way you avoid 41 north or 30.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I would go with C RT41 is a nice road once you get past route 30. You could take 80 to 394 south that will become Rt1 and then become RT17 to RT41 south. That way you avoid 41 north or 30.
    Yeah if I took 57 to Bourbonnais, I could cut through Grant Park to 17 too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom