• Status
    Not open for further replies.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    I'm sure there will be more general chatter as the date draws near. Provided none of my customers do something stupid, evenings are normally fairly flexible. Wives normally follow along to these things or is it just the guys?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm sure there will be more general chatter as the date draws near. Provided none of my customers do something stupid, evenings are normally fairly flexible. Wives normally follow along to these things or is it just the guys?
    A handful of wives/girlfriends have been known to show up. Bill B and his wife, Darkkevin & T_star, GhostofWinter & LadyGhost, GeronimoJoe & his fiancee' & their dog Ivy typically attend. Sadclownwp has brought dates a couple times. But its fair to say that its about 85% male. About 50% open carry a gun. About 65% - 75% will smoke a cigar, others are non-smokers who attend to talk guns and meet people.

Crowds vary in size from 8 or 10 on the small end to 30+ with standing room only and people hanging in the parking lot too.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Rep to frostybeersex and danmdevries for recommending Wiseguys. They had Robert the Bruce and Pride and Joy, no Gumballhead though.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    A handful of wives/girlfriends have been known to show up. Bill B and his wife, Darkkevin & T_star, GhostofWinter & LadyGhost, GeronimoJoe & his fiancee' & their dog Ivy typically attend. Sadclownwp has brought dates a couple times. But its fair to say that its about 85% male. About 50% open carry a gun. About 65% - 75% will smoke a cigar, others are non-smokers who attend to talk guns and meet people.

Crowds vary in size from 8 or 10 on the small end to 30+ with standing room only and people hanging in the parking lot too.
    If you want I can bring my big canopy to set up in front of the door to give us more covered area in case of increment weather...

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    They had that Kentucky Bourbon barrel ale that keeps popping up in the Beer Snob thread.

This camping trip will be epic. Wish I could get ahold of some real absinthe, though.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    So I'm picking someone up in Orland Park, IL tomorrow and going to camp at Shades down by Turkey Run.

Trying to trip plan it. With some google maps help, here are some options.
    A)I-57S to I-74E to Local
    B)I-80E to I-65S to US231(in Lafayette) to Local
    C)I-80E to US-41S to Local

Google maps says A would be 3:18, B is 2:55, C is 3:08

I'm not so sure about B due to getting on 231 in Lafayette. Never been there in a car, but the couple times I have in a semi it was a zoo. 41 south I'm not so sure about either, it takes a half hour sometimes just to get from I-80 to US30. I almost think taking 57 would be the best even though it curves to the west.

I could also do 57 to Monee-Manhattan road or the Bourbonnais exit and cut over to 41 via backroads(I know the area, used to work out there)

We'll be leaving around 10-10:30

personally, i'd take 80 back to 394 and cross into indiana at exchange (i know you know the area ;-) then stop home to grab all the crap you forgot, maybe take a crap, and head down 41 south! :dunno:

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    bah Willie Nelson is at the LP Fair right now. Was gonna go but lately been working Wednesday nights so never bought a ticket.....my luck my boss scheduled me to open instead today >.<

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yes Jedi. Lots of people. There are even minorities there!

that is craZy but then again jedi has never been to taste of chicago or any of the north of us-30 fairs, festivals, parties, etc. way too many people/crowds and growing up crowds = bad things so thanks but no thanks.

so my olny images of county fairs is what i have seen in the movies.

as a child i did attend two festivals in ec and at each of them bad things happened...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom