Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    We are now serving ice cream at the clubhouse!

In honor of the 44th President of the United States, we have just introduced a new flavor: Barocky Road

Barocky Road is a blend of half vanilla, half chocolate, and surrounded by nuts and flakes. The vanilla portion of the mix is not openly advertised and usually denied as an ingredient. The nuts and flakes are all plentiful.

The cost is $92.84 per scoop...so, out of a $100 bill, you are at least promised some CHANGE.

When purchased, it will be presented to you in a large beautiful cone, but after you pay for it, the ice cream is taken out of the cone and given to the person in line behind you at no charge.

You are left with an almost-empty wallet, staring at an empty cone and wondering what just happened. Then you realize this is what "redistribution of wealth" is all about.

Aren't you just stimulated?

Muffins are gone! Bring your own spoon for the soup.

For us NORTH of US-30 you forgot to add that we get a credit voucher to buy this ice cream.
    Depending on how far north of US-30 we are the voucher increases.
    Those in Whiting actually get money back with a purchase of said new ice cream.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Yep ... the four wheeler in this crash and the previous one were simply stopped in traffic. It was the truck driver that ran them over in both cases. My theory is that it's the tail end of a loooong and monotonous drive from Indy to Chicago and then all of a sudden traffic comes to a sudden halt where you least expect it ... this one and the last one were located on a long sweeping bend in the interstate. Just plain sad.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :scratch:
    Anyone know how all the people in the jeep are related?
    Amado Mangual, 49,
    Lindsey Williams, 27,
    Yazmin Goldman, 5, (sisters :dunno:)
    and Arielle Goldman, 3, (sisters :dunno:) all of Merrillville,

But who is the mom and dad? the last names of the 2 adults from Merrillville do not match???

Jamin Osborne, 5, Jasmin Osborne, 7, and Yvette Williams, 35, all of Atlanta.
    2 sibling with the last name Osborne yet again the last name of the adult is not the same?

Looking further perhaps Lindsey is the mom is the Goldman kids and she is sister to Yvette who is the mom of the Osborne kids? :dunno:

medic6882

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Demotte
    I'm tired of truck drivers always blaming the car drivers. I live by 2 truck stops and traffic will be clipping along at 50 mph and the semis get tired of waiting and just pull out in front of them.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Maybe if the cars wouldn't speed up to close the gap so they don't get stuck behind the truck, they wouldn't feel the need. We see this **** all the time and it gets old quick.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Maybe if the cars wouldn't speed up to close the gap so they don't get stuck behind the truck, they wouldn't feel the need. We see this **** all the time and it gets old quick.
    I say we just ban jeeps and trucks! Think of the children!!!
    :faint:
    As someone who owned a modest size truck fleet, I say that we ban cars and let the trucks have free use of the roadways. Its amazing how much crap the truck drivers have to put up with when idiots in cars cut them off, stop short, don't use turn signals, etc.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    :+1:
    Im in a straight truck and still deal with that crap! The best defensive driving is offensive driving!!!!!!

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    As someone who owned a modest size truck fleet, I say that we ban cars and let the trucks have free use of the roadways. Its amazing how much crap the truck drivers have to put up with when idiots in cars cut them off, stop short, don't use turn signals, etc.

I have to agree. Most people in cars are complete morons. Just yesterday on 80/94 I witnessed some numbskull in a Monte Carlo squeeze between a pick-up and a semi, "real quick" and get to the third lane. It reminded me of a banana being squeezed out of it's peel. I actually called him a few choice words and slowed down in case the semi creamed him.
    On the same note, semi drivers aren't innocent of driving like idiots. I am not saying all do. Just this morning, I had one do the banana squeeze right in front of me so he could stay with his buddy from his company. Then he completely blew the red light at 30 and 41.
    My dad has been driving trucks for forty+ years. Garbage trucks when he was younger, and has been a hazmat driver as long as I've been alive. I learned, thankfully, at a very young age to not drive like an idiot, especially around semis.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I'm tired of truck drivers always blaming the car drivers. I live by 2 truck stops and traffic will be clipping along at 50 mph and the semis get tired of waiting and just pull out in front of them.
    If you take the time to educate yourself and look at the facts you will see that all government crash data will show that semi/car crashes are 70 to 80 percent the cars fault.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    So I am still taking it easy and going to stay inside the house for most of the weekend. Girlfriend told me to think of a few movies to watch since I can do that with my foot propped up and it gives me something good to do today. Any good movies that are not war related or too manly for her, and not too girly for me? Scary movies are not preferable either.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    I have to agree. Most people in cars are complete morons. Just yesterday on 80/94 I witnessed some numbskull in a Monte Carlo squeeze between a pick-up and a semi, "real quick" and get to the third lane. It reminded me of a banana being squeezed out of it's peel. I actually called him a few choice words and slowed down in case the semi creamed him.
    On the same note, semi drivers aren't innocent of driving like idiots. I am not saying all do. Just this morning, I had one do the banana squeeze right in front of me so he could stay with his buddy from his company. Then he completely blew the red light at 30 and 41.
    My dad has been driving trucks for forty+ years. Garbage trucks when he was younger, and has been a hazmat driver as long as I've been alive. I learned, thankfully, at a very young age to not drive like an idiot, especially around semis.
    It wasn't from a local Garbage company by chance was it? We do have some ****ty drivers!!! Was me thought I was off Burr and 30 today.

the article also said that the vehicle was towed to Keener Township FD, Sadclown, were you there?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom