Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm sure you can find dangerous drivers that drive cars, and semi-trucks. Stupidity and laziness jump all the ways people are divided.

Finally compared my bank account print out to my receipts. I guess the bank cancelled my debit card before anybody could use any info off it, cause I couldn't find any charges except for mine.
    Apparently someone at Harbor Freight had been hijacking bank info. Another customer must have had problems that they tracked down. And a new card was sent to me before there was even a problem. Yeah.

I'd love to go to the clubhouse, but evening shifts suck, and I'm working.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Good luck finding the stuff you need to keep those children alive and happy without the trucks. :D

no problem with the unintended consequences we will just create a new government agency to handle that. we can call it the dol (dept. of logistics). we will unionize all truck drivers, require them to pass test to drive, etc.. etc...

I'm hiring aircraft detailers to work at Gary Airport. Pm me if you are interested for details...

what are the min requirements.
    what do they do?

Mother Gives Birth To Baby In Kohls, Then Throws Body In Trash // Mr. Conservative

Sometimes i don't want to admit to being part of the human race.

i keep telling you nule from orbit but ya dont listen... :rofl:

medic6882

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Demotte
    I used to drive as a part time gig too and I think like everything else , there are good and bad drivers in cars and in trucks. It just seems to me that the professional drivers aren't always that professional. I can tell you that when I would take a fire truck or ambulance up on 65 the semis were the worst ones at pulling over. And in the last 2 crashes in that construction zone they were both caused by a semi driver not paying attention and running over the stopped car. There is good and bad in all professions I just don't choose to defend they bad ones in my proffesion .

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    The only suggestions I have are anime on netflix. That is some good stuff! High school of the dead, Claymore, Witchblade, Code Geass, etc. are all great!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, I'm looking for some advice.

I have a beretta neos that I put a CHEAP red dot on, a while back.
    i had never tried a red dot, so i didn't want to waste money on something i may not like.
    I loved it.
    Problem is, it doesn't work so well anymore. And I'd like to replace it.
    I don't want to spend the almost $500 on a Vortex.
    A&A Optics recommended a Burris Fastfire, which he doesn't sell.
    I read some reviews, and some people were not impressed with the on/off/brightness control. Otherwise good reviews.
    I also see a Bushnell TRS-25, also good reviews.

So does anyone have a pistol mounted red dot they'd recommend.
    I don't want a bargain basement one that needs periodic replacing. But I don't want to spend twice as muchnas the gun's value, either.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Medic,

how can you say that the last 2 crashes were caused by semis when we don't even know all of the facts yet?

Whos to say that maybe the Cherokee swerved in too late and got pasted!! Just saying.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So, I'm looking for some advice.

I have a beretta neos that I put a CHEAP red dot on, a while back.
    i had never tried a red dot, so i didn't want to waste money on something i may not like.
    I loved it.
    Problem is, it doesn't work so well anymore. And I'd like to replace it.
    I don't want to spend the almost $500 on a Vortex.
    A&A Optics recommended a Burris Fastfire, which he doesn't sell.
    I read some reviews, and some people were not impressed with the on/off/brightness control. Otherwise good reviews.
    I also see a Bushnell TRS-25, also good reviews.

So does anyone have a pistol mounted red dot they'd recommend.
    I don't want a bargain basement one that needs periodic replacing. But I don't want to spend twice as muchnas the gun's value, either.
    Maybe this
    https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary-Arms-Micro-Dot-with-Removable-Base-p/md-06l.htm

medic6882

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Demotte
    Medic,

how can you say that the last 2 crashes were caused by semis when we don't even know all of the facts yet?

Whos to say that maybe the Cherokee swerved in too late and got pasted!! Just saying.

"The Freightliner and Jeep stopped because of a traffic backup approaching a work zone, police said. "
    So if the Cherokee had swerved in at lets say the last minute and came to a screeching stop then the Volvo would have been at a distance in which it would have hit the freightliner anyway. And I also talked to a friend of mine who was on scene.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The Burris is good, I have one on my 22/45
    Thanks.

Almost time to go home and make sloppy joes for dinner. Yum.

Spent most of the day cleaning the headliner of my hard hat, and tearing my tool locker apart looking for some notes I made years ago that I need.
    I found the notes, along with a dozen old jameco electronics catalogs, decad old schedules, notes and drawings that I can't even figure out, a bunch more crap, and directions to a phone, not my last phone, but the phone before that.
    My locker is partially cleaner.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    So yeah. I'm stuck on the side of the toll road between laporte and Michigan city with a flat forward, outer, drive tire.

My life sucks.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    "The Freightliner and Jeep stopped because of a traffic backup approaching a work zone, police said. "
    So if the Cherokee had swerved in at lets say the last minute and came to a screeching stop then the Volvo would have been at a distance in which it would have hit the freightliner anyway. And I also talked to a friend of mine who was on scene.
    Look, I'm not saying your wrong, it's just all the facts aren't there yet. Whether or not your friend was on the scene, he wasn't there when it occurred! Also remember trucks stopping distance is over double of that of a car!
    Inertia is a prime factor in the difference in braking distance between a car and a heavy truck. A fully loaded semi truck has the gross vehicle weight, depending on its cargo, of up to 80,000 pounds. (Compare this to an average car's weight of 4,000 pounds.) At a speed of 55 m.p.h., a semi truck's stopping distance is 100 yards--the length of a football field. A mid-size automobile traveling at the same speed can stop within half of that distance.
    I mean things happen, and its part of life (making mistakes)
    quote copied for this link What Is the Stopping Distance of Tractor Trailers? | eHow

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom