• Status
    Not open for further replies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    If you need help, I am free Tuesday afternoon. Actually, all day Tuesday but it's 2am and I'm just home from work, usually sleep till 10-11a...

As of now Wednesday is open, but I looked at the staffing and case load, I have a feeling I'll be called in.

I've got a truck and trailer as well if needed.

PM me with your number if you need help, it comes through as an email alert on my phone.
    Your in box is full. I can't send you a PM.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Go to the doctor today at 11am.

My wife says my snoring is killing her. Funny but it doesn't bother me. :dunno:

Figure the doctor is going to send me for a test to see if I have sleep apnea. Not looking forward to having to wear a "darth vadar" breathing mask at night.

I think they do have new solutions available.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    WD... Nothing bad about a Mossberg but I think I prefer the 870 with the steel receiver, a solid elevator so you can run shorter than normal size shells without having them drop out of the gun before going into the chamber and the safety is easier to get to without removing your firing hand from the shooting position. Slug drills are a bit easier with it also... That's my .02 cents worth about the two style shotty's...

You could always try that course with a lever and a 73' style SA revolver.... a bit more work but probably fun....

Hmmm ... if my friend has no interest in a pistol grip and keeps a regular stock, wouldn't the tang mounted safety on the Mossberg be a better option for ambidextrous operation? Are all 870 receivers steel? I didn't think/know the Mossberg 500's were aluminum. I know my Mossberg 590 feels like a tank. I thought it was steel.

I will not be at this month's M&S. I will likely make the September one and my friend will be coming along ... does anyone have a Mossy 500 and/or stock 870 that we could compare?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Jedi has a 500 with the knoxx stock and I have a 870 with a knoxx stock.

Pic of my 870

55373599-B48F-46AC-8F5A-C11C85A3C8BA-9818-000012FD3A630E37_zps37b2ac2f.jpg

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Who just got a Flat Dark Earth SCAR 16 in.... This guy. Been about 5 months since I just had one of those sitting on the wall. Goes well paired with the SCAR Heavy we got sitting above it.

medic6882

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Demotte
    Bob my wife sent me for one of those sleep test too, I wore the mask for a few months and then divorced her. It was more comfortable than the mask.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Why is it when you post something for sale you get multiple messages that say "Well so and so sells that for $499"?

Yeah, so and so does sell it for $499, for the base model. Make up it to the next model and its $599 add 4g and its $729. Which is the model I'm selling. Used my model sells for $609, in the condition that mine is in, I'm asking $550 OBO, I think it's a pretty fair price.

Don't even get me started on the Craigslist lowball offers. Like $100 and a 4gb Xbox 360.

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    Why is it when you post something for sale you get multiple messages that say "Well so and so sells that for $499"?

Yeah, so and so does sell it for $499, for the base model. Make up it to the next model and its $599 add 4g and its $729. Which is the model I'm selling. Used my model sells for $609, in the condition that mine is in, I'm asking $550 OBO, I think it's a pretty fair price.

Don't even get me started on the Craigslist lowball offers. Like $100 and a 4gb Xbox 360.

This ^^^^ is why I don't really want to sell anything!

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

This ^^^^ is why I don't really want to sell anything!
    ^^^^^^exactly this^^^^^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom