• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I know INGO has some walther fans. I think I've finally gotten my wife convinced she should carry. But she has a hard time raking the slide on most of my handguns. Aside from my Beretta 92 but she says it's to heavy to carry. We've been researching and I think I'd like her to try a PDP F. I have zero experience with new Walthers aside from briefly owning a PPQ years ago that I just couldn't warm up to. Personally I think the PDP series are butt ugly, but if they run well and she can manipulate the controls well enough then that's what matters.

So give it to me INGO good bad and ugly on the PDP F and PDP in general.

Also any range that has one for rent would be great information as well.

Thanks guys.

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    She might feel its a big gun. She needs to make the decision what feels good to her, not you. Also check the pps m2. It is slim, single stack and light. There are actually a few compacts she would like. About the first time she drops a gun and says it's too heavy, is about the time she won't want to carry or mess with it.

BackFromDC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    I own one and it's one of my main carry pistols now. Better than a factory Glock or a FN 509 for sure. Grip sure does help make it feel smaller, but overall it's still got the weight of a 15rd 9mm compact.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    She might feel its a big gun. She needs to make the decision what feels good to her, not you. Also check the pps m2. It is slim, single stack and light. There are actually a few compacts she would like. About the first time she drops a gun and says it's too heavy, is about the time she won't want to carry or mess with it.
    Obvious facts are obviously observed.

Hence the question if anyone knows a range around central IN with on in the rental case.

Her problem with compacts and subcompact is hand strength. She has a hard time raking the slide. Smaller gun, stiffer recoil spring, harder to rack. Know what I mean?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Obvious facts are obviously observed.

Hence the question if anyone knows a range around central IN with on in the rental case.

Her problem with compacts and subcompact is hand strength. She has a hard time raking the slide. Smaller gun, stiffer recoil spring, harder to rack. Know what I mean?
    I don't, but I've heard the Smith & Wesson "EZ" models have addressed this issue.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Tim’s Shooting Academy of Westfield has an PDP F in the rental cabinet I shot it a couple months back.

The PDP-F is the most comfortable grip for me and my wife honestly, my Q4 SF is set up with the exact same grip profile as the F. Plus the PDP has an amazing trigger and once you put a optic on it just have her use that to rack the slide.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Tim’s Shooting Academy of Westfield has an PDP F in the rental cabinet I shot it a couple months back.

The PDP-F is the most comfortable grip for me and my wife honestly, my Q4 SF is set up with the exact same grip profile as the F. Plus the PDP has an amazing trigger and once you put a optic on it just have her use that to rack the slide.
    Awe man! I wish I would have posted this last week. We were just in Westfield on Saturday. We went to Birdie's for a kid free date night. But after dinner and drinks the put-put course was PACKED! 45 min wait for clubs. We were looking for something else to do but ended up going home. Probably wouldn't have been the best time to go shooting anyway. We were far from drunk but had been drinking so probably for the best.

Thanks for giving me another date night idea though!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    IMO - Walther really messed up their marketing with the "F" model.

"F" for "female". Should've gone with slim grip - because that's what it is.

OP - zero trigger time for me on the firearms, other than you know you'll be getting a super high quality gun with amazing ergonomics and reliability.

As far as the slimmer grips go and the marketing fail... Slimmer is going to be better for the overwhelming majority of all of us. The slimmer the grip, the harder we can grasp it. (physiologically speaking, the smaller the thing we're holding / the closer our our finger tips are to are palms = stronger grip).

Almost all of us would probably be able to shoot better if all of our adjustable backstrapped handguns were equipped with the smaller options vs larger.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    they have called it PDP TH?
    TH for Tiny Hands
    :lol2:

IMG_0221.jpeg

Walther s marketing department should all be fired….. it does a terrible job of representing what they bring to the table!!

I can get on a soapbox like @kirkfreeman can with Colt on this one, they just released a threaded barrel PPK but it’s in 32 and not 380?!?!

Top Bottom