• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    WD.... your going to miss all those levers and revolvers as they should be at the M&S.... Just need 38 spcl or 357 mag ammo to go play cowboy....

I got a quick fix at the Steel Plate Match last Saturday. I was running the GP100. Nothing makes you hurry up and slow down like a revolver ... especially when the stages require exactly six shots to shoot clean. Talk about trigger control and cadenced shooting ... I love my revolvers.

From a revolver shooter ... "Hurry up and take your time" Wyatt Earp (who attributed it to Wild Bill Hickok)

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Yeah, and SOMEONE was shooting a comp on their wheel gun that made it sound like a HOWITZER going off!!

I'm pretty sure that was a 1911'ish race gun in 38 Super. The one stage where he was partially under the tent ... Wow! I thought he was going to blow a hole through the canopy.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    If you are going with a standerd stock Mossberg. If you use a knoxx stock 870. The knoxx stock on a Mossberg is not user friendly with the safety. You have to take your hand off the grip to use the safety.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Lone, I can loan you rifles. Your pick of what I have. I just need them aug 31.
    You can have them early to familiarize.
    It won't be till the end of September. Me, GOW and ironSY395 are leaving my house at 3:30 to go pick up plywood in Hammond at 4:00 to donate to Winamac. If you want you can just drop off the rifle racks or come by later when I'm home. We could use the extra help if you have time.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It won't be till the end of September. Me, GOW and ironSY395 are leaving my house at 3:30 to go pick up plywood in Hammond at 4:00 to donate to Winamac. If you want you can just drop off the rifle racks or come by later when I'm home. You could use the extra help if you have time.

Ok, I should be able to help.

You can still pick rifles out, and familiarize.
    Oh, I still need to change the 10/22's sights.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I am just going to use my 20lb tank with the hoses so we should be fine. As far as Appleseed me and my son are going to sign up. I need to find a youth rifle that my son can use properly and a rifle for me.

WRONG AGAIN you little North of Rt 30 Thug!

To switch from long blue to fat green canisters you simply pop off the adapter ring. But since Jay is playing "injured reserve" I did that for him. Its all good to go, he can use either the fat squat green canisters from Coleman or the long blue canisters from a hardware store.

BTW, JAY . . . I also included an adapter hose for use with a 20# cylinder (that confused Jedi last time too!) :laugh:

It won't be till the end of September. Me, GOW and ironSY395 are leaving my house at 3:30 to go pick up plywood in Hammond at 4:00 to donate to Winamac. If you want you can just drop off the rifle racks or come by later when I'm home. We could use the extra help if you have time.

does this means no need to buy plywood for winamac this month so no need to give klb a check?
    great work if so.

@lone n bob :xmad:
    on grill... so will u need my grill?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    does this means no need to buy plywood for winamac this month so no need to give klb a check?
    great work if so.

@lone n bob :xmad:
    on grill... so will u need my grill?
    Just wait on the plywood part. Lets get it first. Yes I will need your grill too.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Jay, if you need a 10/22 to use for AS let me know. Have a sling and 5 mags that work well. Just let me know and when I can walk again I can get it to you. It may be too big for the kid, but then again, you never know.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    WD... Nothing bad about a Mossberg but I think I prefer the 870 with the steel receiver, a solid elevator so you can run shorter than normal size shells without having them drop out of the gun before going into the chamber and the safety is easier to get to without removing your firing hand from the shooting position. Slug drills are a bit easier with it also... That's my .02 cents worth about the two style shotty's...

You could always try that course with a lever and a 73' style SA revolver.... a bit more work but probably fun....

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Ever have one of those days where you start out sure in the knowledge that you are an expert in your craft, and then several things happen to remind you you're not as smart as you thought.And the day just keeps grinding on.

Not for a long while.

I greatly fear that I have become an expert in my craft, and others now rely on me...

It's a much less desirable position to be in.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    @lone

fyi bob's grill can only use the blue long plumber propane tanks.

Dunno if I missed the post, but I have a small portable propane grill if you need another. Comes with 1.5 tanks of propane. I've only used it once or twice, works fine. I'm 5min from the cigar lounge, but may be stopping in there tomorrow, huge new fan of "black market" brand cigar and have the day off Tuesday. PM me if you're in need.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Got a call back about the plywood. It's 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch plywood which will be fine but its down in a basement. I can't carry it up the stairs because of my ankle. I have a 3/4 ton truck to haul it but I need two people to get it out of the basement and into the truck. Any takers.

If you need help, I am free Tuesday afternoon. Actually, all day Tuesday but it's 2am and I'm just home from work, usually sleep till 10-11a...

As of now Wednesday is open, but I looked at the staffing and case load, I have a feeling I'll be called in.

I've got a truck and trailer as well if needed.

PM me with your number if you need help, it comes through as an email alert on my phone.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Go to the doctor today at 11am.

My wife says my snoring is killing her. Funny but it doesn't bother me. :dunno:

Figure the doctor is going to send me for a test to see if I have sleep apnea. Not looking forward to having to wear a "darth vadar" breathing mask at night.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Go to the doctor today at 11am.

My wife says my snoring is killing her. Funny but it doesn't bother me. :dunno:

Figure the doctor is going to send me for a test to see if I have sleep apnea. Not looking forward to having to wear a "darth vadar" breathing mask at night.
    Bah. Tell her it was "for better or worse" :):

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Dunno if I missed the post, but I have a small portable propane grill if you need another. Comes with 1.5 tanks of propane. I've only used it once or twice, works fine. I'm 5min from the cigar lounge, but may be stopping in there tomorrow, huge new fan of "black market" brand cigar and have the day off Tuesday. PM me if you're in need.
    As of now we should be good on grills for the M&S but if we need it I'll PM you. Thanks for the offer.
    If you need help, I am free Tuesday afternoon. Actually, all day Tuesday but it's 2am and I'm just home from work, usually sleep till 10-11a...

As of now Wednesday is open, but I looked at the staffing and case load, I have a feeling I'll be called in.

I've got a truck and trailer as well if needed.

PM me with your number if you need help, it comes through as an email alert on my phone.
    PMing info.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom