• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    So I missed getting my trigger in the mail yesterday. I feel like a kid that got coal for Christmas, except that the coal was the "Sorry we missed you" from the post office. They aren't even going to try to re-deliver it tomorrow. I gotta drive out to 15th and MLK and go pick it up. But that may be a good thing since the mail lady that normally delivers my mail hasn't been here for a while and my mail gets here around 6 at night. So tomorrow night the AR gets a good cleaning and a few pieces swapped out. Maybe I can take it out before surgery and get some quick trigger time in with it before I can't for a while...

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    What kind of pipe? PVC, copper, conduit. I have a sawsall that will cut through any of that but a cheap hacksaw from Walmart will work just fine.

UnionPmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Lucky Guy

I truly am lucky.
    When I turned 18 I was given a Mossberg .22 146B-A by my uncle. I could hit anything and everything I laid the sights on. I probably put at least a 1000 rounds through at the range, and other places I probably shouldn't have been. :cool: At 20 or 21 I decided I needed some money and sold it to a very good friends father. I sold it for less than a hundred dollars. Now this friend of mine was a good one. We hung out almost every day and we would go with her family to their cottage in Indiana (I was from the Chicago suburbs at the time, IN. was a trip, lol). Over time the friendship faded. She moved to Florida, got married and had a son. I moved around, got married, had two sons, got divorced, got married again. Needless to say I lost track of my friend and for many years forgot about the rifle.
    About two years ago my friend and I reunited on Facebook. After awhile I asked about her father and the rifle; he still had it! Today I was reunited with it and had lunch with my friend's father. It was great. My father was not in the picture for most of my teenage years, and my friends father was a surrogate of sorts. He gave me back the rifle at no charge, just that I not sell it and share it with my son's. I plan to pass it down to my sons when they get a little older...maybe in their 30's!!

I haven't cleaned it yet, but I was excited to get a pic up. I received it with rear site on it. A front site I had was removed.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well I took a walk around the world to ease my troubled mind
    I left my body lying somewhere in the sands of time
    But I watched the world float to the dark side of the moon
    I feel there is nothing I can do, yeah

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What kind of pipe? PVC, copper, conduit. I have a sawsall that will cut through any of that but a cheap hacksaw from Walmart will work just fine.

metal 1/2" steel conduti for electrical work.
    nevermknd however found the hack saw.

btw wtf!!!! i hate big menards. they dont bag the stuff for you. wtf!!! wtf!!! :xmad:

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana

btw wtf!!!! i hate big menards. they dont bag the stuff for you. wtf!!! wtf!!! :xmad:

Eff menards i cant believe they have a person in the middle who scans it then you bag it and everyone behind you looks at you like an ass when your holding the line up. couldn't the person bag for or with you i wont go there anymore.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station

If you are running wire through it make sure you at least attempt to deburr the inside of the pipe so you dont cut the insulation off of the wire and cause a short.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom