• Status
    Not open for further replies.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    Almost got the Jeepster started . . . Again.

I'm getting closer. Battery is on the charger now, will try again in the morning. If this starts then DarkKevin gets the credit, looks like it may have been a dirty carb/stuck float and not a bad fuel pump. At least I'm thinking that may have been the problem.

Did ya ever get the line off the carb like we talked about?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What'd I miss? Pretty much just worked like 42 hours straight... :n00b: Sleep, then normallacy tomorrow. I hope.

Short summary
    melensdad is going :drool: over some PINK snowmobile that does NOT work but is only 1 of 5 left in the world. It's for sale in Alaska for under $2500.
    The Snob decided NOT to go to NFA day and instead will attend Appleseed in Lake Village, what a LOSER!
    TV1217 spoke about :dunno:
    Andy219 is on some new meds
    acteaon is working like usual
    t_star painted her nails PINK and got a full-auto knife so she can do knife byes in the gettho
    jedi shaved and is selling a bunch of stuff

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Short summary
    melensdad is going :drool: over some PINK snowmobile that does NOT work but is only 1 of 5 left in the world. It's for sale in Alaska for under $2500.
    The Snob decided NOT to go to NFA day and instead will attend Appleseed in Lake Village, what a LOSER!
    t_star painted her nails PINK and got a full-auto knife so she can do knife byes in the gettho

^^^ pretty much.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Short summary

Forgot ... Jedi's coworkers are trying to burn his building down and put everyone in the unemployment line or the morgue (depending on what floor you work on).

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    IMG_8373.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

IMG_8374.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

IMG_8371.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Comparison photos of the old and the new. You can't really tell from the angle of the side view but my wheelbase is now 46" shorter. The vehicles are relatively lined up with the crack in the sidewalk. The rear view really gives you an idea of the size difference of these two.

Forgot how easy it is to maneuver in a small car again. Well... small by my measure. :): My wife's T&C is in the, sadly, one car garage. When we first moved in I had my Windstar on one side and her Explorer was on the other. Too much accumulated junk to get back into it now though I haven't been using the space for parking in years. Been big trucks for awhile.

I'll stop by the clubhouse one of these days and see who I pop in on. I've seen a black and a red VW there (both Jettas I believe) at times... you MD? Won't be this weekend though as we're heading to the state fair on Thursday for a mini vacation.

Speaking of the state fair... anybody else going or been there? Experiences? Good things to look for and bad things to avoid? Carrying isn't an issue since I still don't have my LTCH, so I won't be doing that.

I think it's time for either MD or actaeon to get a pool party going! :ingo:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Did ya ever get the line off the carb like we talked about?

No, not yet. Yesterday I was doing other stuff, and the Jeepster was essentially in the middle of all the activity that I was doing but I was not actually working on the Jeepster. One thing that Kevin suggested was it might just be a dirty carburator. I had a can of carb cleaner spray so I took the time to spray it out to see if that was the problem. But I really didn't have the time to spend working on the Jeepster because I had real projects to get done.

The new versus the old is well illustrated between Andrew's car and mine. Mine is one of the last 2010s imported from Germany and has the older body style. While Andrew has the new body style made in Tennessee. There are many parts that are the same, but the vehicles are very different. Mine has more of a Euorpean feel to it, Andrews is built specifically for the US market.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    No, not yet. Yesterday I was doing other stuff, and the Jeepster was essentially in the middle of all the activity that I was doing but I was not actually working on the Jeepster. One thing that Kevin suggested was it might just be a dirty carburator. I had a can of carb cleaner spray so I took the time to spray it out to see if that was the problem. But I really didn't have the time to spend working on the Jeepster because I had real projects to get done.

The new versus the old is well illustrated between Andrew's car and mine. Mine is one of the last 2010s imported from Germany and has the older body style. While Andrew has the new body style made in Tennessee. There are many parts that are the same, but the vehicles are very different. Mine has more of a Euorpean feel to it, Andrews is built specifically for the US market.

translation melendad was being a jedi and too lazy to really work on a car.

Well we decided on going to the dunes... we have never been there before... any tips?

down get in the cold water
    touch touch the icky sand
    dont OC cause jedi will call mwg
    leave the kids behind if you can
    say hellow to the 3 eye fish in the polluted water
    be careful in porter county (iirc dunes is in porter) since you are 'you people' county

now lets see what to do today?
    got a financial report to complete for TAW
    need to get some lightbulbs for the family room @ little menards
    need to inventory reloading equipment to see about adding it to rider insurance

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    I may be there if I am not gushing blood from my ankle, but I wont be shooting. The normal group should be there as always by the way it sounded at lunch last month.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI

The new Jetta is not just for the US market, they build them in germany as well. Still same Body as the Golf. The difference is, Golfs are made in Germany and imported over, Jettas are made in the US with the same parts that are imported over.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom