Not open for further replies.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Sweet!:rockwoot:What did you pick up?

darkkevin is excellent at birthday presents!

20130727_094738_zps763c8e3a.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    darkkevin is excellent at birthday presents!

20130727_094738_zps763c8e3a.jpg

meh those fingernail need some PINK on them. also yummy can of mt dew. :drool:
    is that a new thumb ring btw?

@wd
    :wow: i have seen double and even triple daisy chains in the bldg but today i saw my first, not even sure how to say it, 5x daisy chains. one office had 5 surges connected one after the other. the one connected to the wall was blacken and also the platsic sheething was gone so the insurance and wires inside the cable were exposed. :faint:

sadly down to 13 surges left and still 8 more floors to review. Not gonna have enough...

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    @wd
    :wow: i have seen double and even triple daisy chains in the bldg but today i saw my first, not even sure how to say it, 5x daisy chains. one office had 5 surges connected one after the other. the one connected to the wall was blacken and also the platsic sheething was gone so the insurance and wires inside the cable were exposed. :faint:

sadly down to 13 surges left and still 8 more floors to review. Not gonna have enough...

Good Lord!

Do me a favor? Would you please put your AK in your will for me? Thanks. (Do it quick, too.)

BTW, do you work above or below the floors where you find all this craziness?

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Thanks WD, Clif, & raitekk!

And happy awesome birthday to you Clif! :rockwoot:

Jedi, nope. I've had this one for awhile. Technically, I've had the style since highschool, and this is a replacement.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    meh those fingernail need some PINK on them. also yummy can of mt dew. :drool:
    is that a new thumb ring btw?

@wd

Isn't that against Chicago code?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009

It's against almost any building/fire code in the country. You shouldn't be stringing surge protectors. Some codes also forbid using extension cords as a permanent fixture in a commercial setting.

You throw dozens of occurrences in a commercial high-rise ... It's bad ju-ju all the way around. Jedi better know his way to the nearest escape stairwell. Hopefully CFD or building management has it clearly marked. It would suck to get stuck in the attack stairwell during a fire.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Good Lord!

Do me a favor? Would you please put your AK in your will for me? Thanks. (Do it quick, too.)

BTW, do you work above or below the floors where you find all this craziness?

u want my ak? :dunno: its just the bottom of the barrel ak and u want it? :scratch: that is odd coming from you with so many nice custom guns.

sure it. its alsp a :nono: on the national code.
    btw we dont have to follow chicago code here but do have to the national one.

It's against almost any building/fire code in the country. You shouldn't be stringing surge protectors. Some codes also forbid using extension cords as a permanent fixture in a commercial setting.

You throw dozens of occurrences in a commercial high-rise ... It's bad ju-ju all the way around. Jedi better know his way to the nearest escape stairwell. Hopefully CFD or building management has it clearly marked. It would suck to get stuck in the attack stairwell during a fire.

^this. oh it gets better cause 3 of the 5 surgers had the red light on (fault error) as well. plugged in a tester and the circuit has an open ground as well. :faint:

but then again the 'workers' dont care so long as they have power its all good to them! :xmad:
    we have found so many violations on the 10th floor that its crazy!
    so much so that mgnt is looking to issue some new policy where if you are dasiy chaining (cause we fixed this 2 years ago) you are going to get a warning following by second offense a 3 day suspension.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    ALMOST got the '67 Jeepster started.

Fixed a couple of bad garden hoses by cutting them and replacing the ends.

Pumped 350 gallons of diesel fuel into the steel diesel tank from the back-up storage tank. Down to the last 750 gallons of diesel. I have about $1 invested in each gallon, started using it when the price of diesel hit $3.50. Its taxed 'road' fuel so I use it in my Jetta and my tractor.

Hauled a bunch of stuff out to the 'burn pile' down in the valley.

Did a very little bit of cleaning in the workshop, got a lot more to do, but its a start!

Actually feel like I accomplished something today, and its still EARLY.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom