Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Pink? ... You, sir, are not right in the head!

You and every1 else on here knows that according 2 ya "I'm not right in the head!". :rofl:
    I want PINK and only PINK and Hello Kitty!

A nice trigger is no more cheating than the bolt release or extended magazine release. None of them are necessary items for Appleseed but they are "nice to have" items. Have you ever tried a Volquartsen (or similar) trigger on a Ruger 10/22?

It too is cheating! I look at it as you should be able to use a basic rifle and nothing else. I have not shoot anything with a modified trigger that I know of. Clif45's and AB's were the only other 10/22s I shoot before I got Jedi's. At the time they both had basic 10/22 with just the iron sights and the extended 'clip' release. That may have changed since then.

Ahhhh ... you have jogged my memory. The Lake Village Appleseed is on September 28-29 ... same weekend as the NFA Noob shoot ... which I made the list for. If you tell me that you will signup for the Appleseed right now, I'll drop out of the NFA Day and sign up to work that shoot.

:nono: You go to the NFA thing. If I go to Appleseed I know it will be clean air and NOT sj snob fumes I will have that weekend since you won't be there. :rofl: But since you will be going to NFA day then your mat and extra 10/22 'clips' will be available. Yummy!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well rednecks and thugs this Jedi has to go to bed cause I have to be at work at 5AM. :crying:

BTW what is the difference between a redneck and a hillbilly?
    I know what the difference between a thug and gangster is and we don't have no gangsters here yet.

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    that is what the brakes looked like when they took them out.
    back brakes were cracked, front ones was metal on metal.
    guy said no point trying to salvage them best used as scrape metal.

man i still was not able to take care of the snob. :rofl:

You won't find brakes that look like that on south of 30 vehicles!

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    It too is cheating! I look at it as you should be able to use a basic rifle and nothing else. I have not shoot anything with a modified trigger that I know of. Clif45's and AB's were the only other 10/22s I shoot before I got Jedi's. At the time they both had basic 10/22 with just the iron sights and the extended 'clip' release. That may have changed since then.

Hate to tell you but if you have shot any of my guns, you have shot a modified trigger. The two that immediately come to mind, you liked.

The M14SA (M1A type) that you shot two weeks ago and the Springfield Armory EMP. When you shot the EMP you said you didn't really care for the gun but you liked the trigger. :)

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Need some info:

Going to my Dad's shop tomorrow in Lynwood (Lynhood) shooting a pellat rifle with my son! I can carry while in my car right? Also if I get out on personal property am I still OK?

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I think the plotting curve for "getting old" goes up exponentially as one ages. Two days ago I helped a buddy tear his roof off and I'm still hurting. And I'm not even beyond middle age. Maybe I'm just horribly out of shape from spending damn near my entire waking life under flourescent lights and artificial climate controls

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Need some info:

Going to my Dad's shop tomorrow in Lynwood (Lynhood) shooting a pellat rifle with my son! I can carry while in my car right? Also if I get out on personal property am I still OK?

No test cases yet afaik. I'm not volunteering.

IANAL but from what I understand, you should be ok. I haven't stayed on top of any recent news about the law, I know there was some talk about "AWB" in cook co where they defined "AW" as pretty much any modern firearm. Dunno anything beyond the mention. .

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    First time out of the house since I got home from hospital on Monday. Crutches suck! Beer is proof that God loves us! Man it was tasty. Good thing I am not needing any narcotics tonight.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Hate to tell you but if you have shot any of my guns, you have shot a modified trigger. The two that immediately come to mind, you liked.

The M14SA (M1A type) that you shot two weeks ago and the Springfield Armory EMP. When you shot the EMP you said you didn't really care for the gun but you liked the trigger. :)
    He has shot my M1A National Match, as well.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    He has shot my M1A National Match, as well.

Yep ... I suspect the triggers on your NM M1A and my "Crazy Horse" M14SA are nowhere near factory feel. He didn't complain or mention anything about "cheating" when he was hitting the target at 200 yards. :laugh:

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    WD. If it's not to late, I strongly suggest that you not drop out of NFA Noob day. It is well worth the trip, for multiple reasons.
    Appleseed occurs much more often through the year then NFA Days at lovemywoods.

Please, please, treat yourself and go.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    WD. If it's not to late, I strongly suggest that you not drop out of NFA Noob day. It is well worth the trip, for multiple reasons.
    Appleseed occurs much more often through the year then NFA Days at lovemywoods.

Please, please, treat yourself and go.

I hear you and I appreciate your thoughts but I already dropped out.

The instructor core for the Appleseed in September consists of two people (AB and her dad). That is the bare minimum for a safe shoot. If one of them dropped out then they would have to cancel the shoot or have an instructor from another end of the state drive in to help. That wouldn't be right ... or fair ... especially since it's practically located in my back yard. Right now, there is one person signed up and I owe it to that one person to do my part to make sure the shoot takes place ... bonus if Jedi or any other NWI INGO folks make it.

I got my chance to play with the big boy toys when I was in The Corps. There will be other chances and another NFA Day next year. I'm ok with dropping out.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    :crying: & more :crying: followed by :xmad:
    Well AC at home is up and running again and now cooling at 55 deg vs the 70 deg is was doing before.
    Took 1.5 lbs of freon and also having the drainage pipe unglogged.
    Unit is 25-30 years old so... :whistle:
    Next up WD you will be happy to know that the breaks have been replaced on the car.

There goes a hit on my 308 fund! :xmad:

You should use a shop vac to suck out the A/C drain every second year or so. Spiders make webs in there, causing them to plug. Use a wet rag to wrap around the pipe outlet and vacuum hose to form a seal.

Regionally ... I dunno ... not sure ... NWI hasn't been all that hot on Appleseed™
    This is the lowest number of attendees since the inaugural event (I attended) when we had eight shooters. The top instructors in the program aboard one of the best shooting ranges the DOD has to offer ... it should be a seriously good time with some excellent instructing and learning. :yesway:

I have been trying to attend one this year but it seems my schedule has messed all of them up for me. The chesterton event being right before thanksgiving really does not sit well with my better half... I had intended to attend the september appleseed but I believe I have a family reunion that weekend.

Time is also my problem. I would love to attend. But I work most weekends.

So the dang ferner(napalm) and I might go shooting tomorrow.

JP or Winamac.

Anybody wanna join us?

I'm not for sure if he's going, but I definitely am. I'll probably be up there around 9. Leaning towards Winamac.

I wanna join you. But since I have people coming over tomorrow, and I went to the trouble of cleaning the pool and bathroom, I guess I should be here.

You know what? ... I'm going to drop out of the NFA shoot even if you (Jedi) don't go. I think supporting the local Appleseed is more important so I'll be signing up to work it.

Hope to see some of you there.

Added: It looks like Raitekk is now in at NFA Noob Day.

I think the kid should wait till I go. Seniority you know.

I used to be the same way. Took almost 40 years to get my first fractured bone.

I forget. I think I'm somewhere around 13 bones, but mostly fingers, and they don't count.

I got my chance to play with the big boy toys when I was in The Corps. There will be other chances and another NFA Day next year. I'm ok with dropping out.

Gee, in 6 years, I only had a couple hours on the firing line. Of course, that's not a high priority on a sub. But I still can start a S5W reactor.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI

The instructor core for the Appleseed in September consists of two people (AB and her dad). That is the bare minimum for a safe shoot. If one of them dropped out then they would have to cancel the shoot or have an instructor from another end of the state drive in to help. That wouldn't be right ... or fair ... especially since it's practically located in my back yard. Right now, there is one person signed up and I owe it to that one person to do my part to make sure the shoot takes place ... bonus if Jedi or any other NWI INGO folks make it.

:ingo::ingo::ingo:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    That thing is awesome looking. I don't know anything about snow tracs, but man it looks like a lot of fun could be had. I'm not very mechanical, fixing vehicles, but just watching and learning is awesome for me. When my buddy fixed my truck, I was right there watching everything, technology amazes me. . .

Well I'm not trying to buy that unit, but I'm working with some folks to see if someone in my Snowcat collectors group, who is already up in Alaska or western Canada, can't snag it at auction. We've already got a guy who will pick it up and store it, but don't have the funds for purchase/restoration yet.

That thing is a technological miracle for its time. It has hydraulic pistons on the tracks so that when crossing a slope you can raise the uphill track and lower the downhill track so that the body stays level. On a similar note, when going uphill you can lower the rear part of the tracks so the tracks are on an incline but the body stays level . . . and the reverse when going downhill.

It was made in 2 body styles. That is the full body, with an enclosed cargo/passenger area. It was also available with an open bed. I have a friend who owns one of those. The open bed model FLOATS and the units are amphibious so they can go from snow to ice to water to swamp to mud.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If anyone is looking for something to do with the family today, the March of Dimes is hosting an event at Inman's Recreation Center in Valpo today from 12-4. Fun nfor the family and support for a great cause. I will be there with my wife representing the MoD. I hope to see some of you.
    Inmans.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom