Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    County owns the CP court house (@93rd & Main St) and no weapons sign is posted there as well. I know the Jail is there as well but the sign is posted.

Trust me I'm not trying to get into a pissing match with people, I'm just trying to help them from committing a Felony!

Court houses do NOT fall under the laws of the Indiana Congress (ie. legislative branch). Court houses in Indiana are under the control of the Indiana Supreme Court. The ISC has a standing order that each court house can make it's own rules on what is acceptable. 99% of the indiana court houses have a no weapons 'court rule'. It's not a law but if you violate that court rule you are in contempt of court and the judge can have you tossed in jail until s/he sees fit to release you. So while it's not a felony it's worse since your but is in fail ffffoooorrrrreeeeevvvveeeeerrrr.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Look, I'm all for protecting my family by all means nessecary but I want to do it legally. Maybe this is just helping me brush up on my laws about carrying!

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    County owns the CP court house (@93rd & Main St) and no weapons sign is posted there as well. I know the Jail is there as well but the sign is posted.

Trust me I'm not trying to get into a pissing match with people, I'm just trying to help them from committing a Felony!

They why does the sheriff deputy put a band thru the mag well?
    That is a rule by the organizer of the event. If you walk in their open carrying your gun that sheriff officer is going to ask you to unloaded it so he can put a zip tie through it. If you decide not to do that that sheriff officer is going to ask you leave if you refused to leave it becomes trespass it has nothing to do whether the gun is loaded or not. If you concealed that gun no one will ever know. no law will be broken just a rule from the private organizer.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Disposable me 2 and world war z is playing at the 49er. Debating on going, don't really care to see despicable me 2. I never sen the first one. But I do want to see world war z. And for $8 for 2 movies you can beat it.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Look, I'm all for protecting my family by all means nessecary but I want to do it legally. Maybe this is just helping me brush up on my laws about carrying!
    But you are telling people about laws that you obviously don't understand. Again please read Indiana Codes about firearms and if you don't understand them ask questions.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    So what is the purpose of a sign then if it holds no water?
    And again show me the law that signs hold water.
    They are asking you not to carry in there store. That sign is just like the No shirt No shoes No service sign. They can refuse service to you and ask you to leave. If you don't it becomes trespassing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom