• Status
    Not open for further replies.

3steps

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    NWI
    I won the Lottery! Looking forward to NFA Vet Day!!! Last year was so much fun. Suppressors, full auto, and the cooking of Love My Woods.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Looks like we may get a little rain.

DD4BA422-1147-489A-A2B9-18DDBCE3F600-1923-00000265323149CD_zps0fd8646d.jpg

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    I OCed there last year with no problems. I got a few looks that was it for the 11 hours that i was there. I've even walk throw the Porter County Sheriffs department's tent and they said nothing about it. That fair is run by Porter County so they can't enforce that sign.

Didnt work out so well for me. I was Ocing for about an hour and then basically ambushed by 3 Porter County Sheriffs. I had two on my right side (where my gun was) and one FTF who was talking to me. He was very polite, asked for my LTCH and ID. Said I wasnt allowed to.carry on the grounds. Let me wait for my girlfriend to get off the ride since i had our kid in the stroller. He left while i was waiting along with the other 2. He asked me about the length it took to get my LTCH as well and seemed curious. First encounter with LEO and it was an excellent one. Hope all my encounters are that way.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Didnt work out so well for me. I was Ocing for about an hour and then basically ambushed by 3 Porter County Sheriffs. I had two on my right side (where my gun was) and one FTF who was talking to me. He was very polite, asked for my LTCH and ID. Said I wasnt allowed to.carry on the grounds. Let me wait for my girlfriend to get off the ride since i had our kid in the stroller. He left while i was waiting along with the other 2. He asked me about the length it took to get my LTCH as well and seemed curious. First encounter with LEO and it was an excellent one. Hope all my encounters are that way.

--purple below--
    i dont believe u. the jbts make u eat dirt, took your pistol and gave it back to u in partsl
    just admit it already.
    :p

I am in the same boat..

u have yet to pay tribute to the region thus no nfa for you. :rofl:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

--purple--
    what who gave u permission! :rofl:
    --end purple--

keep me posted once its offical and i will add it to the nwi group events thread and the calendar.
    wont spam everyone with the event just yet.

oh an btw unless u get my unicorn there i'm not sure i want to be associated with you thugs and rednecks and the event. :rofl: j/k! going try and go but if xsexbeer goes I'm out! :rofl:
    and if too many rednecks show up forget it...

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Did you get names of the LEO. I would send a email or call porter county sherif.

if you take the time to read this thread you will see why there wrong. Check out post 4
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...859-clarification-private-property-carry.html

Senate bill 292
    http://www.ciyoudixonlaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/292.pdf

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    well it looks like schoops for dinner. hum.....
    oh h**** no!!!!!!! ended up at steak n shake instead.
    I crossed into enemy territory and took the family up to Miner-Dunn.

That means I was FARTHER NORTH than Jedi!

Burgers are almost as good as Schoops (not quite) but the fries are the best in the world. Oh, and they give you orange sherbet to dip your fries into . . . because that is way better than Ketchup on fries.

Steak n Shake is a good southern favorite, but Miner-Dunn is better, and locally owned.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I crossed into enemy territory and took the family up to Miner-Dunn.

Burgers are almost as good as Schoops (not quite) but the fries are the best in the world. Oh, and they give you orange sherbet to dip your fries into . . . because that is way better than Ketchup on fries.
    As a kid we went there all the time. Have not been there in 12 years. I'm shocked that it still open.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    all this food talk is making me hungry, Steak & Shake, Schoops, or Miner-Dunn?
    I can't decide!

oh and bob, how was RIPD? I was thinking about going.
    It is the only movie, currently in theaters, that I haven't seen yet, besides The Conjuring.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom