• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    That was fast.

If you go back and check the first 1000 posts, you'll see the insanity that got us here this fast. :rolleyes:

Hmmm ... I just checked and I think we can thank T-Star for pressing Jedi's stupid switch. She juuuuust haaaad to ask if we could close the thread out in under a month. That was like tossing a bacon wrapped bone in front of an INGO member. Jedi was off to the races on his "stupid pony" with 50 posts per minute. There was no stopping him. :faint:

Last edited:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Carrying at the Porter County fair. Is it frowned upon? I seen a few thread from years ago and dont know if things have changed. Thanks.

Yes it is frowned upon!

Lake Co fair grounds have signs posted "No Weapons" and I believe Porter Co FG do too!

I OCed there last year with no problems. I got a few looks that was it for the 11 hours that i was there. I've even walk throw the Porter County Sheriffs department's tent and they said nothing about it. That fair is run by Porter County so they can't enforce that sign.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    I understand but, (and it may be different at Lake Co) Porter Co owns the property and posts the signs then They should apply. As it does at Lake Co. I did see a sign at Porter Co when I went to the Gun Shop back in Febuary! At Lake Co the sign is permanent not just Gun Show time or Fair Time!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Post 5000 Let's have the Mods start the new thread this time.

If you go back and check the first 1000 posts, you'll see the insanity that got us here this fast. :rolleyes:

Hmmm ... I just checked and I think we can thank T-Star for pressing Jedi's stupid switch. She juuuuust haaaad to ask if we could close the thread out in under a month. That was like tossing a bacon wrapped bone in front of an INGO member. Jedi was off to the races on his "stupid pony" with 50 posts per minute. There was no stopping him. :faint:

LMAO & ROFL
    Oh that was funny. So did we close the thread in a month? :dunno:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I understand but, (and it may be different at Lake Co) Porter Co owns the property and posts the signs then They should apply. As it does at Lake Co. I did see a sign at Porter Co when I went to the Gun Shop back in Febuary! At Lake Co the sign is permanent not just Gun Show time or Fair Time!

So what is your question? IIRC it is LEGAL but they may ask you to CC if your OC.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Those signs hold no weight of the law. If the fair is on county property and run by the county by law they can not even have those signs. If I remember correctly Lake County fair is run by a private entity so they can post those signs but those signs hold no weight of the law. So if they see you carrying a gun they can ask you to leave and if you refuse you can be arrested for trespassing.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :(
    It took us about 2 months to get to 5K so sorry t-star I could not do it in under 1 month like you wanted to since the Pilgrim and Andy both flaked on me after a few hours of posting.

We started on 05-12-2013

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Found this on Lake Co Fair web site!

FD0B125C-2C17-4FAE-A60C-5C88D4028282-21627-00001DDD3D2112DF_zps2ca29d56.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Again they can say whatever they want it is NOT ILLEGAL but if they see your 'piece' they are gonna ask you to leave.
    If you don't the JBT will make you eat dirt before they arrest you for trespassing!

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Those signs hold no weight of the law. If the fair is on county property and run by the county by law they can not even have those signs. If I remember correctly Lake County fair is run by a private entity so they can post those signs but those signs hold no weight of the law. So if they see you carrying a gun they can ask you to leave and if you refuse you can be arrested for trespassing.
    Which law?

I thought if a sign is posted than that is that! Each extablishment can post a sign if they feel they need to. Ie... Costco!

and it don't matter who runs the Fair, they don't Own the property. You can't carry at the Lake Co Gun Shows.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    County owns the CP court house (@93rd & Main St) and no weapons sign is posted there as well. I know the Jail is there as well but the sign is posted.

Trust me I'm not trying to get into a pissing match with people, I'm just trying to help them from committing a Felony!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Which law?

I thought if a sign is posted than that is that! Each extablishment can post a sign if they feel they need to. Ie... Costco!

and it don't matter who runs the Fair, they don't Own the property. You can't carry at the Lake Co Gun Shows.

In Indiana a "no gun sign" has no 'weight of law'. Meaning that why a private biz can post that sign (ie. costsco) you can still walk into that biz with your gun if you want and are NOT doing anything illegal. However if the biz owner or his/her rep asks you to leave you HAVE to leave. Otherwise you are trespassing (that is an IN law) and they can call the police and have you arrested for trespassing.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Which law?

I thought if a sign is posted than that is that! Each extablishment can post a sign if they feel they need to. Ie... Costco

I guess if you repeat a lie over and over again it must be true.
    Show me the LAW that saids that you can't carry at the gun show.

Heres a great thread that was started about county fairs.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry-issues-self-defense/303892-its-fair-time-again.html

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom