Not open for further replies.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Yep, that is a timer.

1" at 100 yards right? You are near that now at 225 yards. That really opens it up to a host of other issues. Sometimes the lack of magnification can cause POA issues because you can't see the same hole each time.

Often those groups get MUCH tighter when trying multiple factory loads. I've seen 1.5 MOA difference in rifles that like different loads.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I got a Savage 110 model in .308 with a bull barrel. Anyone want to try putting some rounds through it? I can't group the thing for crap, all over. I want to take me out of the equation and see if anyone else has the samw issue.

There could be a lot at play based on what you are saying so far. I can try to help you. PM me if you are interested.

If we don't get together, I would strongly lean towards what TS4 said ... take a look at your scope/mount set up.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    Do appreciate the advice fellas, I'm not a noob to shooting though by any means. No, I'm looking for 1" @ 225! 100 should leave me an oblong hole. I got one that does this now, took quite a bit of tweaking to do it. Hopefully at the next meet-n-shoot I'll have a couple tack drivers.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Do appreciate the advice fellas, I'm not a noob to shooting though by any means. No, I'm looking for 1" @ 225! 100 should leave me an oblong hole. I got one that does this now, took quite a bit of tweaking to do it. Hopefully at the next meet-n-shoot I'll have a couple tack drivers.

... so, you're looking for sub-half MOA groups with factory loads?

Just curious ... scope and barrel information?

BTW ... armed robbery in Shererville this evening ... about an hour ago somebody was robbed at gunpoint in the area of 75th ... description two black males in a dark cavalier headed west

Last edited:

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    According to the wife Lilac is a nice scent for the house, as is vanilla. Hoppe's #9, however, is NOT to be used as a scent for the house...WTF?:xmad:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    According to the wife Lilac is a nice scent for the house, as is vanilla. Hoppe's #9, however, is NOT to be used as a scent for the house...WTF?:xmad:
    Substitute in WEAPON SHIELD, I think it smells better than Hoppes #9. Its a C.L.P. so it simplifies the cleaning/lube process too.

While I am not too picky about cleaners and lubes, of all of them I would say its my favorite and probably the best. Its certainly the one that I come back to, order special when I run out, etc.

LINKY => Welcome to Weapon Shield - Cleaner, Lubricant, Preservative for Weapons

Independent video discussing several lubes, cleaners, etc....
    TDS BENCH Weapon Shield - YouTube

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Substitute in WEAPON SHIELD, I think it smells better than Hoppes #9. Its a C.L.P. so it simplifies the cleaning/lube process too.

Normally I use a CLP too, but the muzzleloader was totally gunked up and the CLP wasn't cutting it. It took a few swipes with a #9 soaked patch and the bore brush to get it clean.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    What type of CLP?

There are lots of products out there, some are better than others. The only CLP product that I think that is worth a darn is the Weapon Shield product. I'm not saying its the best cleaner, but I'm saying its the best CLP. It may also be the best lube on the market too.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Sitting in Adam Benjamin VA clinic waiting for my 11:00 appointment.

While I'm sitting here bored out of my skull, I want to take a moment to thank everybody for all the job leads. I should be joining the land of the gainfully employed as soon as the end of the week.

Enough sap, you may now return to your regularly scheduled gun talk and dick jokes.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Love the VA, my appointment consisted of the PTSD legal questions and "I tested you[r fat ass] for everything and all I found was your cholesterol was a little high [fatty!]."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom