• Status
    Not open for further replies.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    You're a braver man than I. Good choice though. I've heard few (serious) complaints about those.

Well the complaints that are "serious" are indeed serious. Catastrophic in fact. :):

The fuel thing kinda has me worried since apparently VW has been reluctant at times to warranty some fuel system repairs, such as the HPFP (High Pressure Fuel Pump), the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) and the urea pump to name a few. They are finding it easier to just blame the owner for "mis-fueling", which can be one of several ways. Then we have the turbo issue. Few and far between but if you're one of the unlucky ones, you're looking at several thousand dollars just to get started, depending on how deep the damage goes.

I've been spending a lot of time researching on the TDI forums. Just as with anyplace else you pretty much only get the ones with trouble posting an a forum. Overall I think there are far more happy owners than there are regretters. I hope I'm one of the former.

Melensbobdad gave me some reassurance with his informative post the other day. Thanks again MBD!

I'm just gonna hope for the best and see what happens.

I will get a few pics up when the time comes. :yesway:

I've never bought a car with less than 150k.

You're a braver man than I. :):

I've only bought 2 used vehicles and they both fell apart around the engine. The engines were great! '83 Subaru wagon and an '82 Ford F150 with the straight six.

I'd love to buy a new car, just scared of getting a dud/lemon and being stuck with payments and repairs etc.

There is always that chance. However, I've had a really good run with the Fords. Never had a tranny, engine or fueling issue with any of them. The most I had to do was replace a steel cooling line, shocks/struts and intake manifold gaskets on my '99 Windstar which ended up with 221,000 miles. Hell I never even replaced the fuel filter on that thing!

I suppose that is actually a bad thing, as that would seem to mean I'm due for a lemon. That sucks. :):

I've taken several cars to the 300k mark and one to 450k.

That's what I'm hoping for out of the Passat.

I also only buy base models with no options, no air, manual trans, crank windows, manual locks etc. They're getting harder and harder to find and I keep ending up with early 90's cars but rust is destroying all the "good cars" .

I was gonna say... good luck with that!

The way I see it is, life is too short to be riding around in something like that. Call me a prude but I'd rather push a button than do the windmill to roll up a window. AC is nice too. :cool:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Meet & Shoots for AUG & SEP are now up!

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-season-4-sun-18-aug-2013-nwi-meet-shoot.html

Go vote for a SEP date here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/304827-nwi-meet-shoot-sep-2013-a.html

More events here:
    2013 NWI Events

We have 3 appleseeds coming to our area (AUG, SEP, and NOV)

Don't forget the OC Cigar night as well on the 25 of JUL
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-night-2-~-july-25th-persecution-witless.html

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well I just put a deposit down on a TDI. It's the last 2013 Passat SE of its color with a manual trans out there. The 14's are coming down the pipe but I doubt I would have gotten the same deal on one of those.

Was hoping for the Opera Red but those are extinct for 2013, so it looks like it will be Platinum Gray w/black interior.

After driving nothing but Fords for the last 25 years I kinda feel like I'm going out on a limb moving to the VW. Every one of those Fords have done me right. I sure hope the Passat can live up to my expectations and I don't come home with a lemon.
    Wow, big mistake :):

I too like Opera Red, awesome color. Still unclear what my next vehicle will be. My wife said she is tired of VW cars But I have no pressing need to replace anything just yet so I can woo her for a while.

Meet & Shoots for AUG & SEP are now up!

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-season-4-sun-18-aug-2013-nwi-meet-shoot.html

Go vote for a SEP date here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/304827-nwi-meet-shoot-sep-2013-a.html

More events here:
    2013 NWI Events

We have 3 appleseeds coming to our area (AUG, SEP, and NOV)

Don't forget the OC Cigar night as well on the 25 of JUL
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-night-2-~-july-25th-persecution-witless.html

Sort of put that Open Carry night in as an afterthought, just because we are going persecute you for wearing pink. :stickpoke:

We are having the Open Carry Night and its 98.5% certain that Lake County Sheriff candidate Oscar Martinez will be showing up to explain his positions on guns. RUMOR HAS IT that he is very strongly Pro-2A.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Job openings in Knox, IN.
    Starting pay is 8.25 an hour and goes up from there.
    Wood working company will train you on different machines.
    No prior experience needed, just looking for reliable people to work.
    PM for details

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    what issue with trigger gaurd? I was wanting a cz product as my next handgun
    Its HUGE, squared off, and almost impossible to get a holster for one.

Really a pity because its a nice gun. The CZ75b will generally fit into 1911 or Browning HP holsters, at least most of the leather ones are pretty interchangeable. But the P07 requires a holster that is specific to that trigger guard and that pretty much means a custom holster.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Well, there is no question that I'm a dyed in the wool 1911 guy. Love them. Train with them. Been shooting them for about 30 years.

But I've decided to switch to a Glock 19 for carry (and occasional the smaller Glock 26). I own both. I've trained some with both. I don't hate them. I'm not as accurate with a Glock as I am with a 1911 but that will come with practice practice practice.

As a fellow 1911 owner/aficionado/lover ... welcome to the Dark Side.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    There are 24 states that have a very clearly enunciated "Stand Your Ground" statute. So apparently Stevie Wonder won't be playing in about 1/2 the nation.

But the FUNNY part of this is that Mr Zimmerman's legal team did NOT claim a "Stand Your Ground" defense during the trial so that makes me wonder why Stevie is boycotting Stand Your Ground states.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Got up from a nap about an hour ago after cleaning Actaeon's pool. :faint::faint::faint:

It was something for sure, now almost done with my other obligations, and I'll be ready for a smoke and a cold brew.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    ABC Evening News (w/Diane Sawyer) ... story coming up in a few minutes about how you ... "can buy weapons of war in any suburban parking lot" :rolleyes:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    ABC Evening News (w/Diane Sawyer) ... story coming up in a few minutes about how you ... "can buy weapons of war in any suburban parking lot" :rolleyes:

Well, that was stupid (not surprisingly). Oooooh, I can buy an AK or .50 rifle in a private sale.:runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :faint: :faint: :faint:

That was the most pointless "news" report I have seen all week.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom