• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    He would get it if it was built of Legos!

It is Pink and Lego!

tumblr_lxhvyvl0Rr1r02fgfo1_400.jpg

shortkyle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Chesterton, IN
    Do you guys have any tips on how to maximize the value of my spare car when I go to sell it, and the best way to sell it? Should I fix it myself or sell as is (I'd be willing to fix it myself if I can find a place to do it cheap since its minor work).

Details:
    1998 Pontiac Sunfire ~120k or so on the odometer. Pretty good condition with 2 caveats:

1. A/C system has slow leak, a can of recharge lasts most of the summer, but even when it worked the HVAC on these cars was extremely under powered.

2, the more immediate concern. The bolts on the exhaust flange rusted through, so the back half is not hooked up (meaning it probably wont pass emissions and would get you pulled over since catalytic AND muffler aren't hooked up). I was going to try drilling the bolts out and re-bolting it mysef, but that was fairly hard to do with where things are. Any idea where to CHEAPLY get this fixed? All the exhaust is still fine, but like I said, the bolts on the flange rusted through. I was THINKING about just welding it back together.

Other than that it only has minor stuff and has been very reliable for me and gets around 27mpg, its just we don't use it and I'm tired of it just sitting there in the driveway costing me insurance/registration and being devalued year after year.

So, having never actually SOLD a used car before, any tips on how I should go about taking care of this and what I should expect to get out of it?

KBB on fair condition is 1700, but that is for a car that has the exhaust hooked up ;-)

Where are you located? I'm in Porter. If you want to swing by I can take a look and fix it for next to nothing. Just buy the few small parts and labor is free of charge!

Spudgunr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    NWI - Porter County
    Where are you located? I'm in Porter. If you want to swing by I can take a look and fix it for next to nothing. Just buy the few small parts and labor is free of charge!

Really? That would be awesome! I'm in Portage (just off 20). Just curious, how would you fix it? I know a muffler shop would probably take the flanges off and replace them, but that seems a lot easier to do if the exhaust is removed from the car. Thats why I was either going to drill them or weld it up (then I decided welding under car may not be great idea)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It's Jedi's fault.
    You feeling better yet? If so I'm sure I can give you something else to make you feel sick again. :D

Jedi doesnt like ARs.

^This

It's a mp15-22, not an AR. :)

Jedi doesn't like .22 anymore, either.

^This x 2

He would get it if it was built of Legos!

:facepalm:
    FTFY
    He would get it if it was built out ofLEGO bricksNo such thing as 'legos' :xmad:

I would not mind one of these in this book.
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Heavy-Weapons-Replicas-Impressive/dp/1593274122]LEGO Heavy Weapons: Build Working Replicas of Four of the World's Most Impressive Guns: Jack Streat: 9781593274122: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]
    Functional gun that shoot LEGO bricks made out of LEGO bricks!

It is Pink and Lego!

tumblr_lxhvyvl0Rr1r02fgfo1_400.jpg

:drool: and :wwub:
    x a trillion!
    :rockwoot:

Yeah, well, fun is to Jedi as Death Star is to Alderaan.

:scratch: :crying: :xmad:

As for that PINK & BLACK MP15-22. Meh... I'll skip it. Again that design looks like they :puke: PINK and BLACK on it. WTF does that? Why can't they paint/color/design it with sharp lines or accents? :facepalm:

Do they think that just becuase it has PINK a female or lover of PINK is going to want it no matter how ugly the PINK is done? :dunno:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    As for that PINK & BLACK MP15-22. Meh... I'll skip it. Again that design looks like they :puke: PINK and BLACK on it. WTF does that? Why can't they paint/color/design it with sharp lines or accents? :facepalm:

Having lots of sharp lines or a set pattern makes the camo less effective. Then again, pink isn't a commonly occurring color in nature either.

Do they think that just becuase it has PINK a female or lover of PINK is going to want it no matter how ugly the PINK is done? :dunno:

You're being redundant. :laugh:

I wonder just how many casings you have put through your pink 1911 that had previously gone through a glock? :dunno: :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: She's got your number, Jedi.

nnnnoooonnnnneeeee

Hate to tell ya ... :whistle:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph