• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    soon enough you won't have this problem.
    you are just going to be told you have no gun fund. :laugh:

No way! She may just tolerate my joy, but she would never infringe on my 2a rights.:D She has no love for the gun grabbers.

I'm trying to get her to the next M&S. I bought her a 10/22, and she needs more practice. But not too much, 22lr is hard to find!

Lol you can never have enough guns. So go for it Haha.
    I just like the dissipater look
    Me too. But I really like the site radius, and I have a 16" middy. Still torn...

I want the rra 2 stage trigger too. And maybe a new stock.

Last edited:

Spudgunr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    NWI - Porter County
    Do you guys have any tips on how to maximize the value of my spare car when I go to sell it, and the best way to sell it? Should I fix it myself or sell as is (I'd be willing to fix it myself if I can find a place to do it cheap since its minor work).

Details:
    1998 Pontiac Sunfire ~120k or so on the odometer. Pretty good condition with 2 caveats:

1. A/C system has slow leak, a can of recharge lasts most of the summer, but even when it worked the HVAC on these cars was extremely under powered.

2, the more immediate concern. The bolts on the exhaust flange rusted through, so the back half is not hooked up (meaning it probably wont pass emissions and would get you pulled over since catalytic AND muffler aren't hooked up). I was going to try drilling the bolts out and re-bolting it mysef, but that was fairly hard to do with where things are. Any idea where to CHEAPLY get this fixed? All the exhaust is still fine, but like I said, the bolts on the flange rusted through. I was THINKING about just welding it back together.

Other than that it only has minor stuff and has been very reliable for me and gets around 27mpg, its just we don't use it and I'm tired of it just sitting there in the driveway costing me insurance/registration and being devalued year after year.

So, having never actually SOLD a used car before, any tips on how I should go about taking care of this and what I should expect to get out of it?

KBB on fair condition is 1700, but that is for a car that has the exhaust hooked up ;-)

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I woke up to "I made you coffee and a big breakfast. April fools!"

I said you don't have to iron me a shirt. April fools! No, really, you don't have too.:n00b:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Thank you for the heads up. Just ordered one haha. now to buy an upper...:rockwoot:
    Which ones are/were in stock? When I looked they were all marked as sold out, and are all showing sold out now.

You do realize that you are talking about jedi, right? :D

Ahh good point, sorry for gumming up the thread with an extra post.

Hey now! That's why I'm here to learn. :D
    All I know is that after the .30 carbine there is the whimpy .223 followed by the 7.62x39 and then the 7.62x54r and somewhere before the 54r is the .308 (in height i think) but the rest are all foreign to me.

You missed the .270, .264, .260, .257, .244, .243, .225, and a load of others. A lot of them becoming increasingly popular among shooters. With rounds like the .243, .260 and .270 leading the way. Those are just the ones in "English" measurements, you still have all the high 5mm, 6mm, and 7mm rounds in the metric measurement.

Oh yea, did I mention any wildcats?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    No way! She may just tolerate my joy, but she would never infringe on my 2a rights.:D She has no love for the gun grabbers.

I'm trying to get her to the next M&S. I bought her a 10/22, and she needs more practice. But not too much, 22lr is hard to find!
    Sucker!!! :facepalm:
    Just ask aclark.
    "Oh no she does not want kids right away"
    :whistle: a few months later
    We are buying a house cause we need a nursery. :laugh:

Welcome 2 da sucker's club.:)

You missed the .270, .264, .260, .257, .244, .243, .225, and a load of others. A lot of them becoming increasingly popular among shooters. With rounds like the .243, .260 and .270 leading the way. Those are just the ones in "English" measurements, you still have all the high 5mm, 6mm, and 7mm rounds in the metric measurement.

Oh yea, did I mention any wildcats?

:faint: :nono: I'm not interested in any of those just the basics please.

Speaking of which what does the local NWI LEOs carry/have?
    handguns = 9mm for most departments
    rifles = .223 and ????

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI

rifles = .223 and ????

Hammond carries Glock 22s and 23s in .40S&W. Some cars will have ARs in 5.56 and 12ga shotguns. Tac team has other fancy stuff like MP5s, etc.

Not sure about other NWI departments.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Just ask aclark.

rifles = .223 and ????

1. I didn't say she didn't want kids right away, just that we weren't TRYING, although we weren't NOT TRYING either....just rollin' with the punches.

2. Those are the basics. I didn't list any wildcats.

3. Pretty sure Hobart is using Glock 22s now as well. Can't remember 100% but I think they switched over from Rugar SR9s a few years back. Probably AR-15s and some 12ga as well.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Just ask aclark.

She would already have them if it were possible. :noway:

The bigger house is inevitable. It's just a matter of how long I can put it off. The question is, is it another house, or a bigger second story on the one I have. If I can hold out 10 years, then the house and the farm will be owned outright.:rockwoot:

I'm not allowed to shoot on the farm until after harvest :xmad:.

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    well my wife wants kids but i have been trying hard to hold that off for another year haha. just want to be little more stable money wise before hand.

but she has been great as far as guns she started out absolutely against them wanting me to keep them somewhere else(not our house). Now i have hand gun next to the bed. She also supports my purchases :). she is not entertained as much as i am with going to the range however. but is all good

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What more do you need/want?:dunno:

Dyer, East Chicago, Gary, Hammond, Highland, Hobart, Lake Station, Merrillville, Munster, New Chicago, Schererville, Whiting, Griffith, Beverly Shores, Burns Harbor, Chesterton, Dune Acres, Ogden Dunes, Portage, Valparasio, Demotte, St.John, LAKE & PORTER COUNTIES and Tippecanoe and Lafayette
    :laugh:

Actually based on the small sample I'm f*****

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    i'm not compatiable with them and per the lesson's of katrina the LEOs down there were in need of ammo and some communities were able to help them and in turn get protection since those communities had stockpiles of what the LEOs needed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom