Not open for further replies.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    So as I stated previously...

Last fall, Daisy, my fun loving Great Dane, decided to inspect my fire pit building skills by digging deep beneath the foundation. Guessing she wanted to make sure the ground water level was far enough down. Being that it was rather nasty and cold out, and I had no reason to make use of the fire pit until spring. I decided I would wait until spring and nice weather to fill in the hole.

Well with the recent ground saturation brought to us by your friend and mine, Mother Nature. The recent spring rainfall, which I will refer to as rainageddon for this post. A nice 2 foot section of brick has collapsed.

What we have here is what the call fire pit integrity failure:

1479690D-3CC2-42A6-B034-1B0C6780E776-11292-000005323A3FAEAB.jpg

And yes that's a radio on the ground. It was sitting on a stump that Daisy knocked over... That radio is 6 years old and sat on that stump the whole time. Surprisingly, it worked until August of last year.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana

I still need to get some more bricks to rebuild the walls of my fire pit.
    Some kid was driving his four wheeler through our yard, and our fire pit was completely covered by piled up leaves.
    He decided to drive through the pile thinking it was just leaves.
    I then went out side and watched him pick up the several pieces of his four wheeler after he rolled like 7 times. LOL.
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
    That is what he gets for tearing up my yard so bad with his four wheeler!

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    What kind of bricks do you need? I have my old abandoned fire pit, just outside my fence made out of cinder blocks.

Gotta be 20 or more cinder blocks if anyone needs some. Free for the taking.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    Bought a Burris MTAC 1-4 x 24 Illuminated Scope tonight. I am very impressed with it. Very little distortion in the 1x setting, and I mean very little, on 1x it is a glorified red dot that you can shoot with both eyes open.

Burris MTAC-- First Impressions

Nice! how much?
    I saw one of those brand new, for about 300, a couple weeks back. I am thinking I should have picked it up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom