• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Looks like I'll just be bringing the M1A, Ruger 22/45 and the Mosin M44. The Ruger 1911 will stay on my hip for lack of target ammo.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My shiny metal ass, bite it.

Well if it's metal I can't but I'll send this guy to do it.
    Jaws+Teeth+Moonraker.jpg

jaws.jpg.pagespeed.ce._OPD_zhhd2.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well, there goes my support for Budweiser.

Adolphus Busch IV submits resignation to NRA : News

OK so we lost 1 member. But we picked up HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of new members. Seems to me that Mr Busch's view is in the minority.

Also, Mr Busch holds the 'old' gun culture view, that of the traditional hunter. But hunters are, and have been, in the minority in the NRA for the past 10+ years. The gun culture has evolved, call it Gun Culture 2.0 if you want. But most gun buyers today enter the culture from the perspective of personal defense. With personal defense, and NOT hunting, as their primary interest, many evolve into shooting sports like IDPA.

While I respect the opinion of Mr Busch and appreciate his past support, I don't see his resignation as anything significant.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    OK so we lost 1 member. But we picked up HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of new members. Seems to me that Mr Busch's view is in the minority.

Also, Mr Busch holds the 'old' gun culture view, that of the traditional hunter. But hunters are, and have been, in the minority in the NRA for the past 10+ years. The gun culture has evolved, call it Gun Culture 2.0 if you want. But most gun buyers today enter the culture from the perspective of personal defense. With personal defense, and NOT hunting, as their primary interest, many evolve into shooting sports like IDPA.

While I respect the opinion of Mr Busch and appreciate his past support, I don't see his resignation as anything significant.

I see it as an annoyance. Just more bull to fuel the fire... The media won't report on the thousands of new members. They report on the one or two high profile members who leave. Just so they can say, see the NRA is losing its members, they're only in it for the gun and ammo manufacturers.

Maybe I am reading to much into this because I've been up for 31 hours, and I'm watching the news now, ready for bed, but got caught up in the manhunt. And I'm thinking about work tonight. I need to go to bed but I get caught up in the mellow drama of the news, then stumble across other articles like the budwieser one by following links.

Then I get irritated because all these false statistics I keep reading about. Then the irritation grows and I loose interest in sleep, because I need to read more.

Then I get caught up reading all these conspiracy theories by following links. And what's with these conspiracy theories. You can't even sneeze without someone thinking conspiracy.

I think lack of sleep causes me to get a little add.

Then moose and daisy want to go out, just as I get comfortable. And I realize I need to do laundry, because I have nothing to wear to work tonight. So I do the laundry, the dogs want in.

Then I start reading more, waiting for the washer to finish so I can transfer to the dryer. Oh crap, I forgot to give daisy her meds... So I get up to get her meds.

Walk into the kitchen, grab a bottle of water and head back to the couch, read some more and oh crap I forgot to give daisy her meds.

Go back into the kitchen, give daisy her meds. Say screw it, I'm going to bed.

Close my eyes... Crap I need to put the wash I. The dryer. Head to the laundry room... Crap, it's not done yet.

Watch news and read some more. Get irritated, dogs want out again, let them out... They only wanted out because the neighbors dogs are out.

Washer finishes. Transfer stuff to dryer, go to bed... Crap dogs are barking, their still out side. Let dogs in... Moose thinks its time to play, doesn't want to come in, want me to come out and chase him. No, I close door, walk away, he comes to the door and barks. I open door he runs downstairs.

I yell obscenities out my door, slam it, yell some more, watch the news. Finally get moose in.

Read one more article that turns into 15 more. Oh crap I forgot to call the eye doctor. My glasses broke, I'm wearing 9 year old safety glasses.

Oh well. I'm tired good night all.

I don't know what I just wrote. Hoping it makes sense.... It probably doesn't.:dunno:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Looks like I'll just be bringing the M1A, Ruger 22/45 and the Mosin M44. The Ruger 1911 will stay on my hip for lack of target ammo.

Blythes has some 45 rounds, although you can only pick up one box at a time. Although my father and I grabbed some the other day, can get you some as well if you would like. Cannot remember the price though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom