• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    DIL is saying (via son) that the mall is now closed ... except for one of the big stores (Macy's ??) She said she did not hear the shot but all of a sudden there was a wave of people running through the store in a big hurry telling everyone to duck and get out. Shortly thereafter, police officers came through clearing the store. Unclear about the lockdown or finer details.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Well, got to meet Wild Deuce today at Cabala's. Figured while I was there, I would run in and just look around. Pick up a couple rounds while Im there. Since I had been doing Veteran events most of the morning, was still in uniform. Lady at the front made sure I knew they were giving the employee discount to Veterans, so I believe it was 20% off. Picked up two boxes of 5.56 ammo on sale, then added that to it, was a pretty nice deal. Was a LOT of people in the store today, wondering why?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    The mall was placed on lockdown shortly after the incident for all customers and store staffs. Police officers are currently going store to store to inspect them before releasing customers, according to scanner traffic.

I wonder how many uninvolved LTCH holders will be sucked up in this net? I wonder if they will be charged (trespassing) even though there is no clear posting at every entrance.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

stack23

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    15y953a.jpg

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Hobart PD still uses (used) analogue VHF.

Lake County SWAT (or whatever its called these days) I think should've responded to this. They have their own analogue VHF channel. I never found out what frequency its on.

I had a tour of the SWAT van at the Schererville PD. They had a VHF Motorola radio with at least one SWAT dedicated channel. I don't know who manages the SWAT team so the FCC licence may be under an individual or licenced to a police department. They may even just be using an old expired FCC licence.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I like how the tribune article quoted the police officer as saying the "7.65 caliber round is quite lethal"

BTW. If I get my KY CCDW licence, would I be legal in open carrying in Indiana? Do I have to adhere to the rules of the KY CCDW or the Indiana legal code?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom