Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My camera is 18MP Jedi...:D

Join me and we can rule the INGO

oh this is very tempting especially because of this...

Stupid iPhone! :laugh:

:puke: really u r an apple fanboy :puke:
    that is worse than a glock owner :puke::puke:

I never understand the "I don't need to lock my doors" mentality.

because most people want to live in lala land where they don't want to have to worry about the reality of life which states that mankind is nothing more than barbaric animal. :(

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    So ... Jedi, you're a MAC hater? You must not do much beyond gaming and surfing INGO.

Just got a call from my cousin. Her house was broken in to today. She was at work but my nephew(he's my second cousin, but he calls me uncle and vice versa) was home sleeping.

This happened in Portage, at around 10 am there was banging on the front door, my nephew gets up and goes to look out the peep hole and see a kid he knew from 8th grade. My nephew just graduated high school. He's seen the kid in passing a few times but not as friends. I guess this kid hangs with a different crowd. Anyway, he doesn't open the door and goes back to bed.

Five minutes later he sees someone run by his bedroom door. He jumps out of bed, to see what he saw, then heard 3 different people in the house. He locked himself in the bedroom and dials 911 and yells to get out of the house. They flee. They got away with an xbox, new jeans, new games but not much else. They almost got away with his moms jewlery, but they ran off before they pocketed it.

They got in through the unlocked back door. Just wanted to give a heads up, we all know this stuff happens, but be aware. Thankfully noone was hurt, actually, thankfully my nephew wasn't hurt; I could care less about the three criminals.

SJPD was just called out in the last hour to check a cold burglary (perps gone). Homeowner came home to find her garage service door forced open.

I've heard of the knocking to see if someone is home, but never really gave much thought to it. I never answer my door and seldom answer my phone. But now knowing somebody that OT happened to, makes me rethink my strategy.

Because of this new knock-n-check strategy, I've been telling my kids to make sure the person knocking at the door can see them but don't answer the door (if parents aren't home). After hours (after dark) visitors get a special treat ... we've had one in the last year that I am positive was checking on the house status.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So ... Jedi, you're a MAC hater? You must not do much beyond gaming and surfing INGO.

Actually I learned to program on an APPLE II via LOGO (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logo_(programming_language) when I was in 7th grade. I though it was so cool and would spend all my free time in the computer lab (before and after school). When I got to high school we had both APPLE and PCs and I used/played with both of them both hardware and software wise.

In college, however, it was all PC based and every now and then I would see an old APPLE. It was somewhere in college or post college that my hate for APPLE probably began. It's more my hate for the non-ability to MOD for it (APPLE).

With a PC you can do whatever the heck you want with it. Put part x and part y, overclock it, take the mobo out, "repair it" and put it back in, on the software side the same way. It's up to you to figure out if the software will work, or make it work with abc drivers, etc.

APPLE took the other route. He is a product that is almost idiot proof and will do computing for you. :puke: Yes from a biz point of view that is all good as the vast majority of people don't want to know the ins/outs of computing they just want to use the item to do something else. But for those of us that see the PC (as the item) not the tool APPLE is just not the way to go.

BTW I have yet to see anything (software wise) on APPLE that I would want. I game, i surf, I program all on the PC side.

---DAVE GRAVE VOICE--
    OK enough already can't these geeks get their own thread.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    WD, Got to side with Jedi on the whole Mac thing... Sorry but it is true, the PC took the world by storm because the hardware and software platform it is built on isn't proprietery like the Mac is... Mac's version of their computers only controls 4 % of the market because of this issue and also because of that issue they are more expensive.

I can do all the photo, page layout and video editing on a proper PC as you can do on a high end Mac, but I can pick from a million different programs and hardware products to use or enhance my end product because I use a PC...

KLB, having the extra day off is cool isn't it... You guys need to get on the bandwagon and help the effort to re-write the calendar since it's over as of the 21st of December anyway... I'm thinking two sundays, no mondays... Mondays are just way too over whelming, a three day weekend would make us more productive in the long run anyways...

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    images

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Wasn't taking sides. I just know that in the imaging/video industry, the MAC rules (at a higher rate than 4%). I also don't recall ever hearing of a MAC being corrupted/infected/crashing ... certainly not like a PC.

Whatever, I have a PC anyway.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Wasn't taking sides. I just know that in the imaging/video industry, the MAC rules (at a higher rate than 4%). I also don't recall ever hearing of a MAC being corrupted/infected/crashing ... certainly not like a PC.

Whatever, I have a PC anyway.

You have not been around macs my friend. When I was a student employee at Ball State University I worked in there computer repair lab. Macs came in all the time. Ball State is the most pro MAC college in Indiana, they require several of there majors to use macs. But I can say this, when something goes wrong with a PC it is an easy fix, when something goes wrong with a MAC it is almost fatal. And mac uses some of the worst parts ever. The macbooks around 2007 had the worst screen burn in I have ever seen. We had to replace 4 MAC only labs completely after only having the Pros for 4 weeks because of the screen burn in.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    oh this talk of mac vs pc is giving me a headache. =p

That's ok Jedi, just keep drooling over my Carbine and everything will be ok. It has those nice single stack mags you love so well, not like that Kriss Carbine that used those filthy glock mags.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom