• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    WD.... awe... I need to hit the Rosebud Reservation and wack some dogs again....

Awe look at the prairie dog standing around, what you think about 300 yards, yeah... BOOM

What happened to fred, he just blew up, come on up here guys look at Fred he is all over the place... BOOM, BOOM, BOOM....

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Their big rats that carry every known disease that has traversed the planet... and their mounded holes kill the ranchers cattle out there.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Had to fix the axle on camper, mount plates broken off.

And fixed.

Also opened this up and replaced the seal.

Getting there.... it's a basket case. I want to get it sealed up, use it for the summer, and decide afterward whether or not I want to actually put money into it. I'm in for about $100 so far, and lots of my own labor. If I decide to put money into it, it's going to be a huge project to refurbish it to last many years.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    First time out shooting with a rifle this year. Been way too long.

I grabbed one of my 6.5 Grendel rifles, the heavy barrel gun with the Timney trigger. I built this gun with Alexander Arms receiver and one of their 6.5 Grendel bolt carrier groups, CAA adjustable grip and a MagPul buttstock. Topped it with a very modest (pre-sell out) Millett 16x target scope. Grabbed some cheap Wolf 123 grain Soft Point and some slightly less cheap Wolf 120 grain MTP(?) rounds.

I also grabbed 2 Alexander Arms 6.5 Grendel 10 round magazines, which turned out to be a good thing.

Starting with the cheaper 123grain Wolf at 30 yards to see where it was hitting the paper, 3 shots delivered a very tight group, moved back to about 60 yards, got the same results for the next 2 3-shot groups. Moved back to the 166 yard mark and started playing around.

Some good groups, some not so much, nothing over 3.5 inches across, everything on the paper every time. I changed the magnification from 4x to 16x and the point of aim changed so it took a couple groups to dial it in again.

Switched to the 120 grain hollow point Wolf ammo and had some failures to feed. I'd get off 2 or 3 shots, then a jam. Swapped the magazine with the spare that I brought and the 120gr bullets fed much better but I think I still had 1 failure to feed.

WD borrowed this same gun, had problems with feeding too. Not sure which rounds he tried? 120 or 123 grain?

Best group at 166 yards, 3 shots into the X ring. Using the cheap 123grain soft point.

Final group of 5 shots at 166 yards, fast aimed fire, but not 'rapid' fire and all 5 shots went a little high left but probably about 3" of spread. Or as we say around my house, good enough to hit a fleeing boy who makes my daughter cry.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Well back from camping. Spent the weekend at Mini Mountian in New Carlisle with a few friends. Campground wasn't too bad, new owners this year that are trying to clean it up. Tent sites were open and had water/power, decent pool by the main office, and a big playground for the kids. Followed it up with a stop to Bass Lake before we came home today. Got out on the water for the first time this year. What a beautiful day!! Soooo tired now and gonna veg out tonight.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Uggh. My allergy medicine hates me. Combined with standing in the sun all morning at two different ceremonies has me totally wiped and very drugged up feeling. Suffice it to say I decided not to finish my project today, I don't think circular saws and a sawzall would have been a very good idea.
    Oh, and I found out I am allergic to sawdust or something in commercial lumber.
    I hope everyone had a pleasant memorial day.
    RIP PFC Jennifer Vasey, killed in the line of duty Republic of Korea 1991.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Had to fix the axle on camper, mount plates broken off.

And fixed.

Also opened this up and replaced the seal.

Getting there.... it's a basket case. I want to get it sealed up, use it for the summer, and decide afterward whether or not I want to actually put money into it. I'm in for about $100 so far, and lots of my own labor. If I decide to put money into it, it's going to be a huge project to refurbish it to last many years.

Water getting through the laminate is generally considered a camper killer, from what I understand.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Sooooooo I haven't taken one of my night time walks around the park near my house in a couple years now and I decided tonight that I have to start doing something to get the blood pumping. Got out and walked the old route and I felt a bit under gunned with my little 5 shot Ruger... Not to say I couldn't run it if I needed to but WOW the neighborhood has gone to the ******* for sure...

Hmmmm might need to break out the old Beretta 92FS and my 5 mag carrier to safely continue my exercise program... Moving is sounding even better after the experience tonight...

Jedi, don't worry I'll get you some more raccoon's before I go...

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Sooooooo I haven't taken one of my night time walks around the park near my house in a couple years now and I decided tonight that I have to start doing something to get the blood pumping. Got out and walked the old route and I felt a bit under gunned with my little 5 shot Ruger... Not to say I couldn't run it if I needed to but WOW the neighborhood has gone to the ******* for sure...

Hmmmm might need to break out the old Beretta 92FS and my 5 mag carrier to safely continue my exercise program... Moving is sounding even better after the experience tonight...

Jedi, don't worry I'll get you some more raccoon's before I go...

Michelle and I were talking this evening about how this year it's all sirens, all the time.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Yeah, I ran into some older kids that didn't understand a two way sidewalk while walking among other interesting people.. School was almost in session...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Anyone know a place/someone that can repair a circuit board? Must be local. Board itself is not damaged but a component came off and needs to be soldered back in place. Pretty small board ... pretty small part ... so I need pro level work.

oh oh pick me.. pick me. :)
    Oh wait you insulted me a little while ago and now I'm not sure I want to do the work. :)
    BTW I have done it before on computers and other electronics.
    Got a pic of what you broke? Do you know if the component that came off is still good or burned out?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom