• Status
    Not open for further replies.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Knew I had water damage in my "new" camper. Price was right though ($0) figured I'd start in the bedroom since I need to use the trailer for a race weekend in 2 weeks and don't want to risk not having use of the bathroom.

Thought it was just the corner. Nope.

15 years "deferred maintenance"

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Speaking of tile, our new Living room floor
    tile.jpg
    WOW!! That looks nice.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Danmdevries, I've been there and done that... If that one has some type of structure to it it will be able to be repaired... Most of them are just glued together. I lost a RV to water once.... Next one will be a airstream...

Anyways good luck...

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Danmdevries, I've been there and done that... If that one has some type of structure to it it will be able to be repaired... Most of them are just glued together. I lost a RV to water once.... Next one will be a airstream...

Anyways good luck...

Yeah... it's a write off. But I'm going to try to force a few more years out of it. Roof is shot. Floor is mostly good except in the bathroom, which has already been shored up and topped over with plywood so it'll hold a while. I'm mostly looking to frame up the stressed areas that lost support, like this front corner, and will reseal all the windows and roof joints. I'll have a couple hundred in the patch repairs, and hopefully two or three years of use. Camper was free, and found a place to store it free, so really not looking at any major loss.

I wish it was a stick built, it could be reframed under the original skin. But it's a fiberglass sandwich/laminate build, and an early one at that. On top of that drawback, it wasn't maintained at all. It was my parent's camper and they fixed stuff when it broke, but that was it. They bought a new one and gave me this one. If I really wanted to, I could completely strip it from the inside, rivet the skin to the aluminum skeleton (and repair the Al where needed), reframe between the skeleton and insulate and repanel inside but I'd be looking at thousands in material and months of work. If I was really into camping, maybe... But we go on two or three family trips per year, and I take it to the race track two or three times so me and other sweaty dudes have an airconditioned box and a cot to sleep in/on

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Saturday morning bump..... :coffee: Power just went out tranformer blew. Generator kick right on..... :rockwoot:

GB- I'm going to give this last guy from Lowell a chance, He seems decent over the phone. If I get screwed over again, I'll PM you.

MD- I can do flooring no Problem, It's the shower I want done right. Thanks for the offer of the tools. I have trowels and stuff as well.

Edit: Forgot to share this link..... Made me laugh. http://kutv.com/news/offbeat/three-...-homeowner-catches-them-in-attempted-burglary

Last edited:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Range day with Dad! :rockwoot: :shoot:
    Off to Bobcat in the afternoon to get my lower and see what else is there I must have. :spend:
    Pick the remaining items for the race tomorrow.
    Go visit our goddaughter and that family this evening.
    :faint:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Next time please say "I saw". You scared me. Still bad, but not somebody I kinda know.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    MD- I can do flooring no Problem, It's the shower I want done right. Thanks for the offer of the tools. I have trowels and stuff as well.
    I've done showers, tub enclosures, fireplace surrounds, floors and walls. But honestly just don't have time before I leave. I'll be gone until roughly August 1.

Here is my daughter's bathroom. Not sure why we remodeled it, she only lives with us a couple months each year, the rest of the year this bathroom is unused. Gutted parts of it, saved some walls, but mostly destroyed and rebuilt it. Shower enclosure, mirror over the sink and toilet were re-used. Everything else is new, even the toilet's flush handle. Did it last fall. All the tile work was done by me. Some of the wood work was done by me, some not. I hired out the electrical because new lines had to be run to new outlets, switches and the light fixture over the small dressing table & mirror. Most expensive indulgence was the granite. I think we picked the most expensive slab they had from the exotic section, but it is beautiful. Floor and wall tile all came from LOWE's and was on sale, so that was surprisingly affordable :)

IMG_5389_zpscdaq2itk.jpg

IMG_5388_zpspe4pjmps.jpg

IMG_5387_zpsydzmpcs9.jpg

IMG_2074_zpsw9xchkyt.jpg

IMG_5382_zpsdu8bligf.jpg

Last edited:

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I've done showers, tub enclosures, fireplace surrounds, floors and walls. But honestly just don't have time before I leave. I'll be gone until roughly August 1.

Here is my daughter's bathroom. Not sure why we remodeled it, she only lives with us a couple months each year, the rest of the year this bathroom is unused. Gutted parts of it, saved some walls, but mostly destroyed and rebuilt it. Shower enclosure, mirror over the sink and toilet were re-used. Everything else is new, even the toilet's flush handle. Did it last fall. All the tile work was done by me. Some of the wood work was done by me, some not. I hired out the electrical because new lines had to be run to new outlets, switches and the light fixture over the small dressing table & mirror. Most expensive indulgence was the granite. I think we picked the most expensive slab they had from the exotic section, but it is beautiful. Floor and wall tile all came from LOWE's and was on sale, so that was surprisingly affordable :)
    So you want to start mine Aug 15? lol

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Got to visit friends and see my goddaughter. Dad is still talking about how he was busting the shards of clays with the AK at 200 yds with freakin' Wolf ammo. I think his post-Vietmam opinion of Cheap-commie-s$#@ has changed. Now to bed and up for the 500....slackers!:whip:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    7 hours until the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race!
    :buddies:

LOL! There is a ban on those selfie sticks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom