Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It is probably just a preemptive measure. Those things are dangerous, kind of like a telescoping baton.

It is outrageous, the only way to stop a bad guy with a selfie stick is a good guy with a gun.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Went to the Michigan City zoo today with my mom and the BF. Drove up to New Buffalo and had burgers at Redamaks. That place has grown too big and it's just mediocre now.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Got the roof mounted stuff resealed on my camper. Roof is sound, I was surprised. Looks like all the leaks are coming from the end cap seals, and there's no rot in the roof structure.

End cap seals may or may not get done before my first trip coming in 2 weeks. Materials come Wednesday, but I work wed-tues, not likely to have time to work on it.

Said if the roof was bad I was gonna walk. But looks like this free camper might have a second life left in it.

Got the rest of the bedroom disassembled and reframed the front wall with pressure treated wood. Not going to insulate and close the walls until I fix the seam seals.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Went to the Michigan City zoo today with my mom and the BF. Drove up to New Buffalo and had burgers at Redamaks. That place has grown too big and it's just mediocre now.

The first time that I went to Redamaks was 2 years ago this very weekend. Schoops beats the Redamaks hands down. The burgers at Redamaks are small, not that juicy, and the toppings you want are sparse, but they do give you about an inch of lettuce on the burger. I ordered the blue cheese burger with 2 strips of bacon. It came with 5 crumbs of blue cheese and one strip of bacon that had been cut in half. The lettuce was piled higher than the meat, which is a mortal sin in the burger world. Definitely not worth the price or the drive.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The first time that I went to Redamaks was 2 years ago this very weekend. Schoops beats the Redamaks hands down. The burgers at Redamaks are small, not that juicy, and the toppings you want are sparse, but they do give you about an inch of lettuce on the burger. I ordered the blue cheese burger with 2 strips of bacon. It came with 5 crumbs of blue cheese and one strip of bacon that had been cut in half. The lettuce was piled higher than the meat, which is a mortal sin in the burger world. Definitely not worth the price or the drive.

I think Redamaks is just a tradition. Especially popular with Harley riders who make the trip up US12. Just far enough, not too far to travel. Eat and come back home.

As for other UN-remarkable hamburgers, we ate at BURGER HAUS last evening. Meh.

They take a big (pre-formed??? & frozen???) patty, over-cook it, toss it on a very tasty bun, don't serve it with mustard and have marginal fries. Oh and they charge more. We all agreed that Schoops is better. But I will admit the Brioche bun was darn good. I'll even give them extra credit points for serving RED GOLD ketchup, obviously the best ketchup in the world, so there is that. Had a bit of their bourbon ale. Can't recall the name. It was bitter, almost like an I.P.A. and I really hate I.P.A.s. $45 for 3 people to eat hamburgers, 1 (small) beer, 1 soda pop. Add a $7 tip and we paid $52 for something we could have made at home for about $8. Uh, not again.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I got the bacon-wrapped bison burger, which was actually pretty tasty. It was served with grilled onions and goat cheese on a brioche bun. It was a very thick burger, but it was way too pink for my liking. I was too hungry to send it back. The fries were crinkle-cut, cold, hard, and obviously started out frozen. $40 including tip for burgers for three people was just too stiff for the quality of the food.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What is wrong with you folks conplaining about the price.
    Ya have to pay for obamacare and that $20 min wage.
    Are you so unamerican that you dont want to pay for fair share. :facepalm:
    (purple above)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm not complaining about the price. I'm complaining about the quality. $11-12 a piece would have been a perfectly fair price if the food had been good.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well my kid sis said she will pass on the table.
    She is looking for 1 but that one is not her style.
    She does like the fire station doors but has no place to out them at this point.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I got the bacon-wrapped bison burger, which was actually pretty tasty. It was served with grilled onions and goat cheese on a brioche bun. It was a very thick burger, but it was way too pink for my liking. I was too hungry to send it back. The fries were crinkle-cut, cold, hard, and obviously started out frozen. $40 including tip for burgers for three people was just too stiff for the quality of the food.

I will post my review after next weekend. We will be visiting the Burger Haus in Valpo. It's our youngest sons pick for his birthday dinner. Each family member gets to pick where they want to eat for their birthday dinner. He and his older brother have been to the Valpo one a couple of times and liked it. I know they are pricey. We will see.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom