Not open for further replies.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    So those 9mm pulls from American Reloading are giving me issues. I have taken a break from reloading 9mm to concentrate on 223 as I was getting frustrated with my problem. It seems that some of the bullets may of been squished while pulling causing some to fall into the casing when the bullet is seated, or while checking the OAl the bullet would seat deeper while using a dial caliper and light pressure. Others when crimp was applied I could twist by hand thus allowing me to remove the bullet. Is there a die to size them back or should I just post them here with the disclaimer and a lower price. I have probably 1900 left.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I have a phone interview Wed for a position in Oklahoma City, Ok.
    I'm not sure how I feel about it, given everything that's been going on in my life.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    So those 9mm pulls from American Reloading are giving me issues. I have taken a break from reloading 9mm to concentrate on 223 as I was getting frustrated with my problem. It seems that some of the bullets may of been squished while pulling causing some to fall into the casing when the bullet is seated, or while checking the OAl the bullet would seat deeper while using a dial caliper and light pressure. Others when crimp was applied I could twist by hand thus allowing me to remove the bullet. Is there a die to size them back or should I just post them here with the disclaimer and a lower price. I have probably 1900 left.

What dies are you using? Mostly the decapping die will also resize. Since you have a dial caliper, have you measured the diameter of your bullets yet?

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    What dies are you using? Mostly the decapping die will also resize. Since you have a dial caliper, have you measured the diameter of your bullets yet?

The bullets are the issue. I've had no trouble with my brass in the past. I went out in the garage a few min ago and found a bunch to measure .352-.355.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Does anyone need a new in box car stereo? I bought this because it had the USB port, and then decided to just renew my Sirius instead (my Jeep gets crap radio reception). DEH-X4800BT - <b>NEW!</b> - CD Receiver with MIXTRAX®, Bluetooth®, Siri® Eyes Free, USB Playback, Android? Music Support, and Pandora® | Pioneer Electronics USA Will sell for $85 because it's past the 30 days to send it back.
    That reminds me, I need to venture into the basement and find the mount for my radio and see how much an antenna will cost.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    The bullets are the issue. I've had no trouble with my brass in the past. I went out in the garage a few min ago and found a bunch to measure .352-.355.

Ouch. To be honest, 3 thousandths of an inch, you might be able to handle that with a heavier than normal crimp. Maybe back off of the expander die as well. :dunno:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Because of both high school and fencing club coaching I've passed a couple background checks in the past 12 months, those are in addition to the usual NICS checks :):

But there is a thing called a SafeSport Coach. I've now passed that as well, as of 4/12/16. So as of now I am a SafeSport certified coach too. The United States Fencing Association required it of me for coaching at the local fencing club (I'm listed as an assistant coach at the fencing club but I rarely do any coaching at the fencing club because I concentrate on armory repairs when I am there). But now its official ... I passed the course so the U.S.F.A. apparently recognizes me as an official SafeSport coach for the Northwest Indiana Fencing Club.

Who is going to throw me a party for this achievement :dunno:

Cubs come up big with a late inning win!

Go CUBS :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom