• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Yeah they are probably different. The Omnipod doesn't actually offer the gluclose monitoring, it is a third party company. I think they are called Glucaxon or something like that. It works with your phone, the sensors are a 100 bucks a piece and you change them once a week. They communicate with a phone app to give you your readings and you can set alarms to warn you of low or high blood sugars which I thought would be really good for small children and myself when driving long distances without anyone else with me but the cost is too much. The only issue I could see with the system was that you had to recalibrate it once or twice a day which requires regular blood tests so you would still have the strip cost. Their getting there but it would be nice if they would just let us have the cure instead of selling us the band-aides.

Knock on wood but I haven't had any real problems since the they released the new series of pods and this thing is cheap to start with without insurance. I put the pods or injection site all over my body... arms, legs, small of back, stomach, heck I've tried it on my chest which wasn't comfortable but it worked... Omnipod says don't do that though...

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Off to Highland to get a part for the wife's dishwasher. Last night I went to the parts store in Valpo to get the part and saw a sign on the door they closed on December 24, 2015. I need to get out more than just going to work and home.
    They did close Ryan's buffet in MC... I forgot to tell you that.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    GB mmmmuuuhhhhaaaaaa
    Oh come now you will be wearing a coat until mid july at this rate.

Speaking of reasturants that left. The burger joint on 41 in front of the old menards in scherville closed up shop. Not sure when. Burger time i think was the name of the place. It had a train engine logo.
    I took my ds their once and it was overpriced burgera and "homemade" pops on the menu. Horrible food for the price.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Speaking of reasturants that left. The burger joint on 41 in front of the old menards in scherville closed up shop. Not sure when. Burger time i think was the name of the place. It had a train engine logo.
    I took my ds their once and it was overpriced burgera and "homemade" pops on the menu. Horrible food for the price.

Bagger Daves

They opened 8(?) of them in 1 year and I think all of them shut down within 12 months.

I think it was just a bad concept, poorly executed.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    It's kind of looking that way. this weather sucks.

It's too bad you got sick, maybe something with the cold you broughtus.

may have found a trailer, maybe not... but that puts me closer to a hog hunt in texas and a possible move to arizona... where it is like 75 today

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    yes bagger daves. there was one off broadway too. I heard they were from the East coast and tried sprouting up here, but no one wanted their bull**** frozen pattis and run of the mill beer experience

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Sounds like someone having fun I hope?

Yep made 30 rds of 223 and then sorted my brass from the last M&S as my bucket was 1/2 full. I had found 16 38spl lead noses that had light primer strikes on them and was planning on stripping them down but figure I would take the chance and see if they would fire out of my GP100. So I fired those off no issues and then took out my 22's for a little fun before the NIPSCO guys started to walk along the woods to the right of me then play time was over.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I noticed my two gp100s don't seem to have any light strike problems... the r8 does though and when Ire shoot them in the rugers they go...

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    alot of places closing up... NWI I think along with many other 'hot spots' are going to become ghost towns... bad bad economy
    Used to go to the Ponderosa in Miller all the time and sucked when they closed. Been going there for over 35 years and almost like a second family to be around.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The Pink One talks tough on snow but never ventures out in it. ;)

BTW, you still haven't told me your SJ story ... I'm waiting, my Inbox has room. Oh ... I still have your .22lr for Winamac. If you don't pick it up or arrange for drop-off, I'm taking it back to the donor next week.

You have more then .22lr that you are holding for me.
    Its that .22lr burrning a hole in your pocket cause you want to shoot it. Its for thw children you meanie.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom