• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Because of both high school and fencing club coaching I've passed a couple background checks in the past 12 months, those are in addition to the usual NICS checks :):

But there is a thing called a SafeSport Coach. I've now passed that as well, as of 4/12/16. So as of now I am a SafeSport certified coach too. The United States Fencing Association required it of me for coaching at the local fencing club (I'm listed as an assistant coach at the fencing club but I rarely do any coaching at the fencing club because I concentrate on armory repairs when I am there). But now its official ... I passed the course so the U.S.F.A. apparently recognizes me as an official SafeSport coach for the Northwest Indiana Fencing Club.

Who is going to throw me a party for this achievement :dunno:

Go CUBS :rockwoot:
    How long is the certification good for?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    How long is the certification good for?

No clue.

Its an online course. Watch videos, do some reading, take several quizzes and a final test. Took me 2.5 hours, could have done it quicker but I have a slow internet connection. The national association that insures our fencing club required it for any coach at the club. Even thought I don't do much coaching at the club I'm listed as an assistant coach. Honestly I'd have done this sooner but nobody at the club realized that all the coaches had to complete the course. We have 3 who already completed the certification.

Not really sure if it is an annual thing that requires re-taking the test? I suspect it might be???

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    No clue.

Its an online course. Watch videos, do some reading, take several quizzes and a final test. Took me 2.5 hours, could have done it quicker but I have a slow internet connection. The national association that insures our fencing club required it for any coach at the club. Even thought I don't do much coaching at the club I'm listed as an assistant coach. Honestly I'd have done this sooner but nobody at the club realized that all the coaches had to complete the course. We have 3 who already completed the certification.

Not really sure if it is an annual thing that requires re-taking the test? I suspect it might be???
    If there was a fee involved, I'd guess annual or bi-annual type of process.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Because of both high school and fencing club coaching I've passed a couple background checks in the past 12 months, those are in addition to the usual NICS checks :):

But there is a thing called a SafeSport Coach. I've now passed that as well, as of 4/12/16. So as of now I am a SafeSport certified coach too. The United States Fencing Association required it of me for coaching at the local fencing club (I'm listed as an assistant coach at the fencing club but I rarely do any coaching at the fencing club because I concentrate on armory repairs when I am there). But now its official ... I passed the course so the U.S.F.A. apparently recognizes me as an official SafeSport coach for the Northwest Indiana Fencing Club.

Pinky and his raccoons will.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0

Sooooo, you learned how to beat children with metal rods and no permanent injury or visible marks?
    TEACH ME!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Ouch. To be honest, 3 thousandths of an inch, you might be able to handle that with a heavier than normal crimp. Maybe back off of the expander die as well. :dunno:

Yeah I've got my crimp bottomed out to the shell plate. I have thought about going back to my single stage but that isn't why I got the dillon. I really don't want to measure again, but I may find a few that are .355 and try them out for size. If they work then I guess its more work for a product I won't be buying again even though the price is so low and the quantity wasn't too far off. I did get my 38/357 in a few weeks back. they were out of 158 so they sent me 124 plus 20% extra. The dozen I picked, measured and weighed were from 123.7-125gr and they measured .357-.356

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @bob, you did no build that.. Oh wait you did not earn that so no party for you.
    In fact we need to find a way to tax you for such a certificate to help reduce the violence in nwi which clearly your sport, swords and all, is contributing to our youth.

We cant have the children walking around with swords. Those things are dangerous, they were designed with one thing in mind to kill.

Oh my they are scarey.

:faint:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Well, I was quite impressed until I saw that last remark.
    images

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Ok for those of you that have been wondering, We were able to get LadyGhost's sugar under control this weekend so as this point in time she is now in surgery to have the hardware removed from her leg as well to amputate it above the knee. This was NOT an easy decision, but we think it's the best decision. It is our hope that by doing this she will be able to heal and not lead a life of constant pain and pain killers. I'll let everyone know how everything goes when she is out of surgery.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Ok for those of you that have been wondering, We were able to get LadyGhost's sugar under control this weekend so as this point in time she is now in surgery to have the hardware removed from her leg as well to amputate it above the knee. This was NOT an easy decision, but we think it's the best decision. It is our hope that by doing this she will be able to heal and not lead a life of constant pain and pain killers. I'll let everyone know how everything goes when she is out of surgery.

Prayers for her and for a swift recovery.

Which hospital? How long will she be in the hospital? What type of therapy will she be getting and how soon will that start?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom