Not open for further replies.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Things should finally settle here at work starting 01 OCT so I should be able to attend the OCT and NOV meet & shoots as well as the EATs.

Will probably do Nov's final M&E of the year at Jedi's Garden on a Friday around 6pm this way we can get more members who would like to discuss what we as a group plan on doing next year as far as M&S's, M&E's, and the youth shoot.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    BTW, KLB was correct there was a pinky siting already.
    Trying to upload the pics of my son blasting away with the 10/22 and cricket rifles.
    In typical boy fashion if you gave him a 25rd magazine he will pull the trigger as fast as he can to shoot.
    :nono: I kept having to remind him that he needs to take his time and AIM!!! It's not a race. But off course no sooner then I let him be and he is blasting rounds off again. (sigh) We have a long way to go to work this out of his system still.
    He could hit the clays and bigger targets but the smaller spinner ones he could not because he was to impatient to aim at them. Fire!! Fire!!! Fire!!!! Is what he kept yelling. :)

The only thing slowing him down was him having to reload the magazines and its still hard for him.
    Anyone know if the 10/22 have 5rd magazines?
    It's been a long time since I've been able to shoot and I did not do much yesterday since it was really a day for my son. Still it was good to just be out on the range and get dirty. It rained for a bit but we just covered ourselves with a tarp and continue to shoot. That was the fun part. Carrying all the stuff to/from was not. That boy needs to start pulling his own stuff. I'm getting too old for that. ROFL..

The best, best part of the day was actually after I left KLB's place. I OCed to his place. Never have done that before and when I left we stopped for gas at speedway. I carry a leather holster but always have my shirt covering the sidearm. Yesterday when I got out of the car I did not bother to untuck my shirt. Frankly I did not GAS what others thought about it and with the way life has been treating me did not care anymore about "scaring people". Pumped gas and no one noticed.

Went inside with my son to get a slushy but the machine was broken. If anyone noticed, no one said anything.
    Went to a 2nd speedway and got a slushy and paid and the cashier noticed but did not say anything. The 2 youth that were in the store also noticed and just stared. I just smiled and walked out with my drink and as did my son.

Life is so liberating once you stop caring what others will think and just do whatever it is that you have to do.

Life is easier when you stop caring .

Make your son only load 3 bullet, or even 1 at a time. He loads more.... stop him from shooting.
    Is he too big for the cricket? I have a Savage single shot I can loan you.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Life is easier when you stop caring .

Make your son only load 3 bullet, or even 1 at a time. He loads more.... stop him from shooting.
    Is he too big for the cricket? I have a Savage single shot I can loan you.

He is at that age/built where the stock on the cricket is a too short for him but the stock on the standard 10/22 is too long for him.
    He was shooting while laying on the tarp with a coffee can as a rest and that was ok with the 10/22. With the cricket it was too hard for him. With the cricket standing was better.

Granted the "fun" part for him was just blowing thru ammo as fast as possible and hearing the steel sing each time.
    I had to keep reminding him that he was a jedi sniper not a clone trooper and to focus, aim, look at the target and hit it vs just rapid fire.
    It would work when I was right next to time telling him to focus and tell me what he was seeing. But as soon as I stopped that it was rapid fire time. :rofl:

It sure if "fun" to rapid fire but I'm old I guess and enjoy taking my time.
    Perhaps your bolt gun will help in terms of the stick issue.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    He is at that age/built where the stock on the cricket is a too short for him but the stock on the standard 10/22 is too long for him.
    He was shooting while laying on the tarp with a coffee can as a rest and that was ok with the 10/22. With the cricket it was too hard for him. With the cricket standing was better.

Granted the "fun" part for him was just blowing thru ammo as fast as possible and hearing the steel sing each time.
    I had to keep reminding him that he was a jedi sniper not a clone trooper and to focus, aim, look at the target and hit it vs just rapid fire.
    It would work when I was right next to time telling him to focus and tell me what he was seeing. But as soon as I stopped that it was rapid fire time. :rofl:

He is new, and young. Let him have some fun. He can learn to slow down anytime.
    You can get an adjustable stock for the 10/22. I have one, let's me work with various sized scouts.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks but if it works he is going to shoot me out of .22lr.
    :nono: and :xmad:
    Looks like he might have to start cutting more lawns to feed his own addition to nerf guns and shooting.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

You need a Youth Stock. I have two of them, you can borrow them anytime.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Welp....I done did it. I needed new tires on the truck, and Tirerack.com had the best price for what I wanted, except they wanted about $150 to ship them to me from South Bend, SO LadyGhost and I drove out yesterday afternoon and had dinner with a friend and stayed the night in a motel just down the street from Tire rack and had the new tires installed this morning. Seeing how we were in South Bend and Midwest Gun Exchange is also there, We strolled over to the one on Grape Road to see what they had. Walk out with a used M&P 40 that was a police trade-in. Remember that money I saved from the shipping of the tires? I don't think I really ended up saving much of anything LOL

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Welp....I done did it. I needed new tires on the truck, and Tirerack.com had the best price for what I wanted, except they wanted about $150 to ship them to me from South Bend, SO LadyGhost and I drove out yesterday afternoon and had dinner with a friend and stayed the night in a motel just down the street from Tire rack and had the new tires installed this morning. Seeing how we were in South Bend and Midwest Gun Exchange is also there, We strolled over to the one on Grape Road to see what they had. Walk out with a used M&P 40 that was a police trade-in. Remember that money I saved from the shipping of the tires? I don't think I really ended up saving much of anything LOL
    You have a friend?

Who knew? :stickpoke:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jay perhaps the next time we meet at klbs.
    For now son needs to read and get another 2 As on his spelling before another range trip happens.
    Kid is testing at 3rd grade marh he is in 2nd but refues to read and do spelling. Gggrrr

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom