• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    BY THE WAY, we have officially switched over our landline telephone to Ooma. The conversion is 100% complete, a few weeks ahead of schedule.

AT&T is gone.

My old phone number is switched to Ooma, all my extensions work, even at the pool and the far garage. Not sure if my cellphone rings over through ALL the home phones, but I think it should. FAX machine even works.

Best part is that the call quality seems to be excellent!

Better than AT&T, and roughly $68.00 per month less expensive (now about $4, down from just over $72)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    11987029_1031736253505390_1382502179214832375_n.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Maybe then, but today the prices seem to be the same for both types. The orifice is different, they may have different pressure regulators. But today there is no added cost, just check off the option for which type you want. Price is the same.

Well, it was 20 years ago. Maybe $200 is wrong?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Whats the yearly and lifetime costs to join the legion? I just joined the VFW here in Laporte for 425 for the lifetime, but the legion doesn't show any pricing on the website.

Yearly depends on the Post. State/National takes $27 per year. But they are going to raise it by a significant amount January.
    Enough that a lot of people are mad.
    So, my Post collects $35 per year, but 27 goes to State/National. The rest basically paid for newsletter printing and mailing.
    I'd have to find out what it's being raised to, but I think it's going up $8. Which means if we don't raise what the Post collects, we'll be negative.

PUFL (Paid Up For Life) dues, there is a chart I'd have to find.
    Basically, you look up your age on one axis, then look up the dues your Post collects on the other axis. That shows the total, which is divided up in 12 months of payment.
    This is what I did, so I don't have to worry about increases.

I'm not seeing the chart, they might be revising it.
    But here is a number
    For more information about the Paid Up For Life program,
    contact customer service at (800) 433-3318.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    :lmfao: Just might be the best commercial I've seen in a while:

[video=youtube_share;b2xYYHU89bk]http://youtu.be/b2xYYHU89bk[/video]

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Yearly depends on the Post. State/National takes $27 per year. But they are going to raise it by a significant amount January.
    Enough that a lot of people are mad.
    So, my Post collects $35 per year, but 27 goes to State/National. The rest basically paid for newsletter printing and mailing.
    I'd have to find out what it's being raised to, but I think it's going up $8. Which means if we don't raise what the Post collects, we'll be negative.

PUFL (Paid Up For Life) dues, there is a chart I'd have to find.
    Basically, you look up your age on one axis, then look up the dues your Post collects on the other axis. That shows the total, which is divided up in 12 months of payment.
    This is what I did, so I don't have to worry about increases.

I'm not seeing the chart, they might be revising it.
    But here is a number
    For more information about the Paid Up For Life program,
    contact customer service at (800) 433-3318.
    Thanks. I'm going to be doing the installment through the vfw, so i figured i'd do that then the legion.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    1775, You do know that all lead bullets cause less wear on your bore than jacketed bullets do. Although jacketed or plated stay together better at higher velocities than lead does generally...

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Well my parts are on order.

Looked up the current grill from the same manufacturer that is pretty much equivalent to what I bought nearly a decade ago and it is running right about $2000 from several authorized suppliers (and that is AFTER they discounted the price). So my grill has apparently gone up a pretty fair amount since I bought it.

Spent a bit more time on the grill after those posts and it does not look like I need to replace the anti-flare plates. They are rusty (despite the fact that they are made of stainless steel!?!) but they are thick and structurally sound. Should last for quite a bit longer than I originally thought. The 2 burner units are showing their age ... one is a little worse than the other. But both can go for another season.

So it looks like I just need to do a good cleaning and replace 1 valve and it should be good to go.

And by good cleaning I mean a serious take the grill apart, soak the bits in EZ OFF and probably hit them with the pressure washer too. But other than a lot of grime, I think I may have gotten off pretty cheap. The stainless steel shell components of the grill are all in great shape, dirty from the weather, but no signs of rust, wear, abuse or anything else. There are 2 thingss that don't work on the grill that I'm not worried about. 1 is the thermometer, the other is the electric starter. On other grills those same parts seem to fail after a few years and I can get along without either one so no need to mess with those.

My grill is an "American Outdoor Grill" and its the best I've had. We've burned out a Charmglow, destroyed a Dukane (I'd NEVER recommend that brand), ruined a Weber and threw away an expensive Phoenix that was not worth the hype or the cost.

If I were to buy another Weber, and I would, it would not be the Genesis, it would be a Weber Summit model. But honestly I'd look at another American Outdoor Grill first.
    I'll have to look into the American Outdoor brand. Also, correct me if I'm wrong,but aren't the Summit the same components as the Genesis but with more bells and whistles? Things like the rotisserie, infared, lights, etc....

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    FWIW: FFL transfers with Butch in Hobart at It's About Time are on sale for $15 on your next purchase during the fall transfer special.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    When I first started I bought some lead for my 45 and then found xtereme's website and decided I would rather have the piece of mind of plated or jacketed.

Lead is all I shoot in handgun. Well to be more specific [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]92%LEAD/6%ANTIMONY/2%TIN. I get them from a guy in Calumet City. No issues to date, but maybe I'm not loading as hot as you are. The savings is significant. Gardnerscache.com is the site. It's a one man operation and his site is only open for orders for a few hours on Saturday mornings. You posted info for a round nose bullet, though I like SWC for paper. Here is a link for a 158gr lead .357 bullet he sells. If you want to give them a try, I'd be happy to send over a handful.[/FONT]

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'll have to look into the American Outdoor brand. Also, correct me if I'm wrong,but aren't the Summit the same components as the Genesis but with more bells and whistles? Things like the rotisserie, infared, lights, etc....

I believe so, just upgraded Genesis, designed for more permenant installations so some parts are upgrades, some are just bells and whistles.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I'd love to do a built in with nat gas, but I just don't think its worth it at this juncture in my life. I don't think we will be staying in this house for more than a handful more years, and I don't want to invest that kind of money for something like a built in/outdoor kitchen setup. It will be something down the line when we are in a more permanent home.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    See down in Arizona you just put a couple flat granite slabs on the counter top ... wash them off and throw the steaks on them and let the sun do the cooking...

Just saying...

The Gunbunnies Ranch dream is still alive and the bitter Jedi winter is just around the corner...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom