• Status
    Not open for further replies.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Anyone have some nice driftwood, or any of you rednecks have a pond or creek with some nice hardwood floating? Need one or two pieces. Probably 18-36" long.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Lone it looks good but the beer and the potatoes would put me in the poor house for the insulin required to consume...

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    After all the kids went to bed last night after my Goddaughter's birthday party, my buddy and I decided play on the 20 ft. blow-up water slide. Then we got the idea to treat it like American Ninja Warrior to see who could get the fastest time climbing up the slippery, inflated ladder and slide down into the small pool at the base (which was basically stopping into the wall at the end). Needless to say, by all the soreness, I'm not in waterslide shape.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    It would be. Wife said it was not ok to spend $45+ on driftwood. Lol.

Awsome! I have some drift wood but they are smaller pieces. If you go with some of the darker pieces, it may stain the water a sort of tea color. It's normal and actually beneficial for some South American species. It does go away in time too.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Is it a new system? Why doesn't the supplier get it running?

:rofl: ^
    Really, unsatisfactory work, with the lowest bidder? Never would have imagined that.
    :hehe:
    Supplier get it running........ hahahahahahah

Lowest of the .gov approved vendors. All the good vendors are not eligible.
    Not true but in this case it was a sub-contractor so we did not have a say in it.
    & personally I did not have a say in what the system was being installed.

I wonder if the lowest bidder is still union.

Not required for government jobs HOWEVER the prevailing wage must be paid to the workers.

Whenever I bought technically or mechanically complex equipment I always had the supplier set it up and get it running. They got final payments after it worked. Incentive for them to get it right the first time, typically than doing an in-house install that requires a long learning curve by people who have never worked with that specific equipment before.

But as Jedi is a government worker I wouldn't expect him to be involved in approving or installing anything efficiently.

The system is about 2 years old and 6 months into getting it the problems started. We had a 1 year tech support/parts/etc added to the contract so that helped a bit at the start.

The issue is not the hardware. If you connect the projector DIRECTLY to a computer/phone/etc it works just fine. The issue is the customized software controller system they used. The controllers are name brand and they work fine IF you use them right out of the box as designed. You can program them as well and that is when the trouble starts. This is the 2nd project where this brand has been used and we have trouble with them. The other 2 projects that I had full control from start to finish (ie. I get approve/disapprove every part, nut, bolt, etc..) we have used custom built solutions without using this name brand and those system have been operational for 3 years without and failures (minus 1 where the user disconnected the system (ie. unplugged it from the wall) and reported it was not working. DUH!!!)

But for the project above the project manager was fooled by all the dazzle of the name brand system and now I'm stuck holding the ball on a system that I can't get to work since I don't have access to the source code or the controller programming package. :xmad:

What larry said is very true in terms of how they "see" it as cost savings but in reality it is not when you add in all the "fixing" hours that another group has to put into the system to make it work.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    BTW, KLB was correct there was a pinky siting already.
    Trying to upload the pics of my son blasting away with the 10/22 and cricket rifles.
    In typical boy fashion if you gave him a 25rd magazine he will pull the trigger as fast as he can to shoot.
    :nono: I kept having to remind him that he needs to take his time and AIM!!! It's not a race. But off course no sooner then I let him be and he is blasting rounds off again. (sigh) We have a long way to go to work this out of his system still.
    He could hit the clays and bigger targets but the smaller spinner ones he could not because he was to impatient to aim at them. Fire!! Fire!!! Fire!!!! Is what he kept yelling. :)

The only thing slowing him down was him having to reload the magazines and its still hard for him.
    Anyone know if the 10/22 have 5rd magazines?
    It's been a long time since I've been able to shoot and I did not do much yesterday since it was really a day for my son. Still it was good to just be out on the range and get dirty. It rained for a bit but we just covered ourselves with a tarp and continue to shoot. That was the fun part. Carrying all the stuff to/from was not. That boy needs to start pulling his own stuff. I'm getting too old for that. ROFL..

The best, best part of the day was actually after I left KLB's place. I OCed to his place. Never have done that before and when I left we stopped for gas at speedway. I carry a leather holster but always have my shirt covering the sidearm. Yesterday when I got out of the car I did not bother to untuck my shirt. Frankly I did not GAS what others thought about it and with the way life has been treating me did not care anymore about "scaring people". Pumped gas and no one noticed.

Went inside with my son to get a slushy but the machine was broken. If anyone noticed, no one said anything.
    Went to a 2nd speedway and got a slushy and paid and the cashier noticed but did not say anything. The 2 youth that were in the store also noticed and just stared. I just smiled and walked out with my drink and as did my son.

Life is so liberating once you stop caring what others will think and just do whatever it is that you have to do.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    BTW, KLB was correct there was a pinky siting already.
    Trying to upload the pics of my son blasting away with the 10/22 and cricket rifles.
    In typical boy fashion if you gave him a 25rd magazine he will pull the trigger as fast as he can to shoot.
    :nono: I kept having to remind him that he needs to take his time and AIM!!! It's not a race. But off course no sooner then I let him be and he is blasting rounds off again. (sigh) We have a long way to go to work this out of his system still.
    He could hit the clays and bigger targets but the smaller spinner ones he could not because he was to impatient to aim at them. Fire!! Fire!!! Fire!!!! Is what he kept yelling. :)

The only thing slowing him down was him having to reload the magazines and its still hard for him.
    Anyone know if the 10/22 have 5rd magazines?
    It's been a long time since I've been able to shoot and I did not do much yesterday since it was really a day for my son. Still it was good to just be out on the range and get dirty. It rained for a bit but we just covered ourselves with a tarp and continue to shoot. That was the fun part. Carrying all the stuff to/from was not. That boy needs to start pulling his own stuff. I'm getting too old for that. ROFL..

The best, best part of the day was actually after I left KLB's place. I OCed to his place. Never have done that before and when I left we stopped for gas at speedway. I carry a leather holster but always have my shirt covering the sidearm. Yesterday when I got out of the car I did not bother to untuck my shirt. Frankly I did not GAS what others thought about it and with the way life has been treating me did not care anymore about "scaring people". Pumped gas and no one noticed.

Went inside with my son to get a slushy but the machine was broken. If anyone noticed, no one said anything.
    Went to a 2nd speedway and got a slushy and paid and the cashier noticed but did not say anything. The 2 youth that were in the store also noticed and just stared. I just smiled and walked out with my drink and as did my son.

Life is so liberating once you stop caring what others will think and just do whatever it is that you have to do.

Hope you can make the NOV M&E. I think the last one of this year we should discuss how next year is going to go and if someone needs to take over for you while you do your business and not have to worry about getting on here all the time.

In other news after thinking of my next years gun allotment set by the boss I decided to build another AR instead of buying a CZ83. This time it will be a 20in barrel A2 upper, A2 stock, and dang near everything else A2 like it was in boot camp. I will splurge on the barrel and plan on trying to find things off here to complete the build, but it should be fun again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom