Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Its a fun hobby, your son may also enjoy looking at the fish and helping as he grows. Been many years since I had an aquarium so any information I can give is out of date, but look for varieties of fish that get along with each other unless you want to watch national geographic play out in front of your eyes with a predator eating his prey.

Since people are allowed to strike over wages/benefits then companies are similarly allowed to hire workers who would gladly take those wages/benefits.

A budding bro-mance between Thugs.

How interesting and sneaky. Wonder how many will apply? Getting down to the wire for a decision to see if a strike will happen.

Sneaky? It was in the paper, not very sneaky.

Yes, they are allowed. Doesn't change them from being scabs.
    Also, most of the people meet those qualifications are either on the picket line, or have been fired.
    A lot of steelworkers get fired, they go to another mill. Which is striking at the same time.
    Once again, they'll be on the picket line.
    Unless they've been fired from all the mills.

There are exceptions to that rule. But I'm betting they're only exceptions.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Its a fun hobby, your son may also enjoy looking at the fish and helping as he grows. Been many years since I had an aquarium so any information I can give is out of date, but look for varieties of fish that get along with each other unless you want to watch national geographic play out in front of your eyes with a predator eating his prey.

Since people are allowed to strike over wages/benefits then companies are similarly allowed to hire workers who would gladly take those wages/benefits.

A budding bro-mance between Thugs.

How interesting and sneaky. Wonder how many will apply? Getting down to the wire for a decision to see if a strike will happen.

My dog took a turn for the worse with her disease.

Unless she rallies with a comeback it looks like we are facing her final days.

Always hard to say goodbye.

A few months ago we had 2 dogs, now we are looking at a house without dogs. :(

I'm so sorry to hear this, Bob. We're approaching the same thing with our Lorelei. It's hard to know when it's time.

Sadly Misha is in no pain so the decision is actually harder. She is losing control of her rear legs. Its a neuromuscular disease, there is no treatment, no cure. She has been unable to get up by herself for months, so she wears a harness with a rear lifting handle. Once we got her up she was able to walk around. Now she is to the point of making only a few steps on her own and falling. She doesn't know why she can't walk. She wants to, but her rear legs just fall out from under her. Front half of her body is totally fine, still strong and muscular.

So now w have to lift up her rear with the handle and walk along side her for her to go anywhere. Some days she can manage 10 to 20 steps. Some days 2 steps is too far ... yesterday was one of those really bad days. Today is a bit better. Tomorrow?

Not the kind of talk I'd expect to hear from someone who wants to be adopted.
    :(

Guys. If you are looking for a new pet, let me know. The shelter is always full of awesome dogs.

I know it's hard but you have another chance to give another dog a whole new life

My Zeus was a shelter dog.
    Whenever I can get this house cleaned up, I'll get another shelter dog.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    My dog took a turn for the worse with her disease.

Unless she rallies with a comeback it looks like we are facing her final days.

Always hard to say goodbye.

A few months ago we had 2 dogs, now we are looking at a house without dogs. :(

that sucks. we lost a dog in February and the cat on Monday...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Today's lesson in "Redneckory" we learn how to burn evidence. North of 30 Thugs get issued 'citations' from city inspector for this sort of activity, but folks living in the freedom loving south are allowed to do on their land that which they see fit.

So when your wife has a favorite tree and you cut it down there is still a stump that needs to vanish. Mound up some sawdust, drizzle on your favorite grade of diesel fuel, build up a teepee shape out of logs and set it ablaze.

By the time your wife returns home from work you will be in big trouble :n00b:

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Today's lesson in "Redneckory" we learn how to burn evidence. North of 30 Thugs get issued 'citations' from city inspector for this sort of activity, but folks living in the freedom loving south are allowed to do on their land that which they see fit.

So when your wife has a favorite tree and you cut it down there is still a stump that needs to vanish. Mound up some sawdust, drizzle on your favorite grade of diesel fuel, build up a teepee shape out of logs and set it ablaze.

If you had adopted me, you could blame me.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

As opposed to the little trouble you are in the rest of the time? :):

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Well...I'm sitting in the kitchen making dinner for LadyGhost and myself when the phone rings. It's the parents. Seems they went to the grocery store and the battery on the truck died. So, being the fantastic son that I am, I turned dinner down and went and got the truck running so they could get home and put the damn thing on a charger!

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Being a Hort major I'm very familiar. I actually read the article you linked and joined the forums there. I'm pretty set on doing a fish less cycle to make sure everything is set up right. Someone else just suggested looking at Pet Supplies Plus for the sale and look at a 29 gal to start. I understand the concept of larger is easier to keep balanced but space and cost are going to be deciding factors. Also found a 29 gal on Craigslist in Cicero so waiting on pic of that one.

this all started with/for my son. He got a fair goldfish and was so excited. We have already replaced it once, but I would rather set up a nice sub tropical community tank rather then mess with goldfish.

A 29 is a nice size to start with imo. Once you get established, a nice school of cardinal tetras, 10 or 12 would school nicely and have enough room to be happy. But then again I tend to prefer a calm tank. Never got into the whole predator thing. If you get to the point where you consider planted, I have a lot of CO2 equipment and lighting left over from my over indulged aquarium days. It's probably time to start parting with stuff.

Oh and please be careful that the ammonia you purchase (if that is your decision) has no surfactants in it. It's basically soap and you will have one heck of a time correcting that. ACE hardware used to carry pure ammonia.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Anyone need a cup of soup?

20150824_142313_zpsuho7ovzc.jpg

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    Being a Hort major I'm very familiar. I actually read the article you linked and joined the forums there. I'm pretty set on doing a fish less cycle to make sure everything is set up right. Someone else just suggested looking at Pet Supplies Plus for the sale and look at a 29 gal to start. I understand the concept of larger is easier to keep balanced but space and cost are going to be deciding factors. Also found a 29 gal on Craigslist in Cicero so waiting on pic of that one.

this all started with/for my son. He got a fair goldfish and was so excited. We have already replaced it once, but I would rather set up a nice sub tropical community tank rather then mess with goldfish.

That's how my aquarium started. The son won a goldfish. We had it in a bowl but then I decided to actually research and bought a 29 gallon tank. Fish is much happier. I have been trying to get the wife to let me get a 55 gallon tank, but she keeps saying we have no space.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom