Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I put a booster in at work for ATT signal. Seems to work ok where we needed it. Did another one in a basement for someone.

Cell service is a joke anymore. Coverage maps of 100% in the entire area, but there are plenty of main roads in CP, Merr, & Hobart where i get zero signal and cannot make or get calls on xfinity mobile. I hear same complaints from ATT users. Everyone complains about Tmobile unless you live in a major metro area.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Part of the coverage problem is the switch to the newer, "faster" frequencies. Support for the old frequencies is dropped.

3G, what's 3G?

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Don't buy it. My device is 4g lte and the other is 5g same crap service.
    Like I said, PART of the problem. Many phones don't cover all of the bands that the cell provider uses so a phone may have 5G but with limited frequencies.

Here is a list of the 5G bands for the major carriers - you can check your phone specs and see if your phone uses them all.

If you get crap coverage at home check to see if you have Wi-Fi calling, it can help.

Some of the frequencies used penetrate structures better.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I've been alright with Verizon and have signal when others don't. Tried AT&T for three months last year and went back
    to Verizon. AT&T sucked big time. The guy who sold it to me said to call him if I have any problems. Guess what? He would never answer his phone or return calls so a complaint was made and the switch back made and his residuals went bye bye. My friends in MN said Verizon is the best up there too.

Lj429

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    Wheatfield
    Like I said, PART of the problem. Many phones don't cover all of the bands that the cell provider uses so a phone may have 5G but with limited frequencies.

Here is a list of the 5G bands for the major carriers - you can check your phone specs and see if your phone uses them all.

If you get crap coverage at home check to see if you have Wi-Fi calling, it can help.

Some of the frequencies used penetrate structures better.
    Wifi calling is the only way I keep contact with the world where I’m at. No signal at all. Starlink!

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    They kinda play fast and loose in the communication industry. When 4G-LTE came out it was not up to the 4G standards. It was like a 4G-"wannabe" or a 4G-"maybe someday". They let them call it 4G because it was significantly better than 3G but it fell short of "Real 4G"®.

Now it sounds like the phone makers are playing with the 5G standards by making their phones "partly" compatible with the standards by receiving part of the 5G bands but not all of them. That should be easy to fix so I bet the phones coming out in the near future will be better than the early-adapter 5G phones.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Verizon for the win. I have signal when most others don’t with other providers. We love hitting remote places all over the country and I’ve never had to use someone else’s phone because theirs worked and mine didn’t
    Verizon was garbage for me. I couldn't get calls at work... AT WORK!

So imagine how service was at home.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom